Sign in to follow this  
Normalcey

Can you defend this?

Normalcey

First of all, how is it that moving or zooming in the maps render them useless until you restart the game FOR ALMOST/OVER A YEAR?! ITS A MAP! PRETTY SURE WE HAD THOSE FIGURED OUT IN GAMING 30+ YEARS AGO.

Second of all, why is the knife they give you so ineffective? I stabbed this scav OVER 20 times, 10 in the chest and the rest in the head. I had to stop for 20 seconds to recover stamina, while he shot at a wall. Repeat stabbing until EVENTUALLY he drops? How can you defend this? "Oh but everyone gets the knife for free, they have to balance it!" Thats the only argument I can even dream of and it would only make sense if it was 2 stabs to the head / chest of an unarmored character. 

Once you get in that close you should not be losing with a knife especially if you have their back. Am I missing something very basic here? 

Grimm285
2 hours ago, Normalcey said:

First of all, how is it that moving or zooming in the maps render them useless until you restart the game FOR ALMOST/OVER A YEAR?! ITS A MAP! PRETTY SURE WE HAD THOSE FIGURED OUT IN GAMING 30+ YEARS AGO.

Second of all, why is the knife they give you so ineffective? I stabbed this scav OVER 20 times, 10 in the chest and the rest in the head. I had to stop for 20 seconds to recover stamina, while he shot at a wall. Repeat stabbing until EVENTUALLY he drops? How can you defend this? "Oh but everyone gets the knife for free, they have to balance it!" Thats the only argument I can even dream of and it would only make sense if it was 2 stabs to the head / chest of an unarmored character. 

Once you get in that close you should not be losing with a knife especially if you have their back. Am I missing something very basic here? 

to your first question i have no idea what you are asking unless you are using the in game maps because i have literally never used them and if its a glitch with them report it because 99% of players use off game maps not in game ones

As to the knife if they have literally any kind of armor you will basically never kill them with a knife.  Use right click instead of left click to deal more damage but at a shorter range.
Melee was never intended to be a main part of this game, its more of a gimmick then anything substantial.  As in you will basically never kill a player with melee, the game just isn't built for it.  Nor does anyone care about melee when guns are so readily available (with the exception of hatchling runners who generally arent trying to melee anyways).

in summary, use off game maps they are far better, and don't use melee literally ever

• Confused 1

Normalcey

How is that a valid response at all? They prompt you to get a map, certain extractions aren't available at certain times, and whats so difficult about fixing a bug FOR A MAP. You seriously expect me to alt tab every time I want to look at a map of the game? It's a damn static image, how HARD IS THAT TO CODE?! 

I was using the stab,  not the slash. And the scav had no body armor, and no helmet. Stabbed him in the forehead over 10 times. Absolutely unacceptable. Why even have a knife if its more effective to just wait for them to die of thirst? Sometimes your ammo is out from a firefight, when you could just pull out a melee weapon when you're both empty and kill them. But instead its just a mosquito bite not even worth turning around for. 

Sir_Mossy

To be fair, it's hear say unless you have video evidence. I don't doubt that desync can make combat with SCAVs unbearable at times, but people are known to over-exaggerate and it's always a possibility.

As for the map, the reason they don't care is that the only use maps had (emphasis on had) was to choose your spawn point. After that feature was removed, they literally became dead content. Third party maps have become far superior to in-game maps, since they have loot hotspots/hidden stashes/etc. labeled on them.

Basically, everybody who plays this game knows that combat can be relatively desync ridden at times, hence why melee can feel like a fruitless endeavor at times. Also, in-game maps are vastly inferior to community created maps. That's really all there is to be said.

• Upvote 1

Grimm285
15 minutes ago, SharpensGun said:

OF COURSE HES TALKING ABOUT THE IN GAME MAP! WTF? Are you actually this stupid? Like I'm sorry, but are you ACTUALLY this ducking stupid dude. You KNEW very well that he was talking about the in game map. What the duck else would he be talking about? 99% of the players use off game maps because the one in game DOESNT WORK. It's LITERALLY what hes complaining about and you're making an excuse for it by pretending like you dont know what map hes talking about, and then saying the solution is to just use one from google. That's not a real solution. Like you expect anyone to believe that you SERIOUSLY don't know about the maps in this game? Shut the duck up. 

And then you continue on to make a bullshit statement that melee was "never intedned to be a main part of the game". Why? Because you and the community said so? You guys have some ducking thick ass goggles. If melee isnt intended to be a main part of the game, don't put it in the game. Why would that even be a ducking thing? The game is clearly marketed as a realistic shooter. Of course melee is a thing. Melee is a HUGE deal in combat games. I just can't handle your level of stupid. Please for the love of god, don't reply. Have mercy. Please. ducking please. 

first of all, calm down kiddo like actually damn you really got that worked up to make an account just to reply to me i'm touched :)

secondly, i was beyond confused why anyone would use the in-game maps because they are worthless other then as crap loot to sell to therapist.  No-one uses them as actual maps, as community made maps are far superior.  As to tabbing out thats what a second monitor is for.  The in-game maps are basically forgotten content and really only in because the devs haven't taken them out yet.

To your second point you answer yourself in your own statement its not part of the Main game but doesn't mean that they should remove it.  It is a fun gimmick with all the different melee weapons or like RR which is used in some extractions But as for actual melee combat in a shooter??  I have played this for 3+ years and never have i though "yea ya know what would be a good idea? if i ran up to that guy and tried to knife him instead of shooting him" literally not a single situation would have ever been helped with melee.  If you are really bringing in that low ammo that's your problem, the main concept of the game is risk vs reward.

I also Love how you call the game realistic then compare it to other combat games, other combat games aren't tarkov.  If you want a better melee system go play them, tarkov will never have a decent melee system and if it Ever does bullets will still be better because the point of the game is good gun play.
Also also, in what game is melee "HUGE"? i literally cant think of another shooter where people main melee as much or more then guns other then as a gimmick or something fun/funny different way to play (with the exception of power weapons like a sword in halo)

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

SharpensGun
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Grimm285 said:

first of all, calm down kiddo like actually damn you really got that worked up to make an account just to reply to me i'm touched :)

secondly, i was beyond confused why anyone would use the in-game maps because they are worthless other then as crap loot to sell to therapist.  No-one uses them as actual maps, as community made maps are far superior.  As to tabbing out thats what a second monitor is for.  The in-game maps are basically forgotten content and really only in because the devs haven't taken them out yet.

To your second point you answer yourself in your own statement its not part of the Main game but doesn't mean that they should remove it.  It is a fun gimmick with all the different melee weapons or like RR which is used in some extractions But as for actual melee combat in a shooter??  I have played this for 3+ years and never have i though "yea ya know what would be a good idea? if i ran up to that guy and tried to knife him instead of shooting him" literally not a single situation would have ever been helped with melee.  If you are really bringing in that low ammo that's your problem, the main concept of the game is risk vs reward.

I also Love how you call the game realistic then compare it to other combat games, other combat games aren't tarkov.  If you want a better melee system go play them, tarkov will never have a decent melee system and if it Ever does bullets will still be better because the point of the game is good gun play.
Also also, in what game is melee "HUGE"? i literally cant think of another shooter where people main melee as much or more then guns other then as a gimmick or something fun/funny different way to play (with the exception of power weapons like a sword in halo)

Jesus Christ your logic is pathetic. Either way, I'm not arguing with you. You're full of sh it and I've said what I wanted to say. I've never seen so much bullshit come out of someone's mouth. Don't talk to me unless told to do so. Thanks bud. 

Edited by SharpensGun
  • Sad 2

StudTrunkMonkey

How is that a valid response at all? They prompt you to get a map, certain extractions aren't available at certain times, and whats so difficult about fixing a bug FOR A MAP. You seriously expect me to alt tab every time I want to look at a map of the game? It's a damn static image, how HARD IS THAT TO CODE?! 

I was using the stab,  not the slash. And the scav had no body armor, and no helmet. Stabbed him in the forehead over 10 times. Absolutely unacceptable. Why even have a knife if its more effective to just wait for them to die of thirst? Sometimes your ammo is out from a firefight, when you could just pull out a melee weapon when you're both empty and kill them. But instead its just a mosquito bite not even worth turning around for. 

https://escapefromtarkov.gamepedia.com/Reserve

here is what you are looking for good buddy!

Grimm285
38 minutes ago, SharpensGun said:

Jesus Christ your logic is pathetic. Either way, I'm not arguing with you. You're full of sh it and I've said what I wanted to say. I've never seen so much bullshit come out of someone's mouth. Don't talk to me unless told to do so. Thanks bud. 

classic "i have nothing to actually rebuttal you with so ill just use bad words and call you dumb!"
Adorable that you made your account just to reply to me i do really appreciate that ;)

sorry op got all caught up in dealing with the raging child i forgot to actually reply to you

I agree it is a dumb bug you should report it to them my point is they really might not know it exists because no one really uses the maps

Again with the melee it could be de-synch as others suggested but with a scav idk why it would take more then 1 hit to the head.  If they had no hat on (hats do count as armor generally level 1 with 10ish hitpoints) a right click should always kill to the head.  But its possible you were actually hitting the neck or chest not the head model.
buuuuuut again melee is pointless in tarkov if you are really out of all guns and ammo in your stash (and money) you might wanna consider restarting your account and try again or just play scavs till you are back on your feet

• Sad 1

TUALMASOK
1 hour ago, SharpensGun said:

Ooooooooooooh! Someone has ant in their pants!

Protip - Don't carry on like a child and you won't be treated like one.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

chrisragnar

I like the idea of the maps. But in reality most people have 2 monitors or att least their phone for looking at a third party map. So i understand its low priority to fix in game maps untill they figure out a way to make them usefull