Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
H4ilToTheKing

Do We Really Want Realistic Bullet Physics?

Recommended Posts

H4ilToTheKing
Posted (edited)

I'm not sure I like the idea of anyone being able to play a video game and learning how realistic bullet physics work.  I believe we should learn about fire-arms from responsible sources (family/range training/etc.)

But if you're hell-bet on making your game realistic as you say in the first line description of your game, bullets do not act realistically at all.  For reference I was firing M995 (which is identical in physics to the M193 round) and the results are just... laughable?  I drew a quick paint jpg about how M995 acted.

I'm torn, but if you really want to make it realistic... it needs work.  But if you choose not to "fix" it, I will probably be o.k. with that.  Virtually ALL 5.56 x 45 ammo follows these exact zeros and trajectories.  There is a very very realistically unoticable difference between M193 and the other rounds because it's seven (7) grains lighter.

A 25m zero aiming at a target 100m away the bullet SHOULD be five (5) inches ABOVE the target... in tarkov?  It's actually about one (1) inch below the target.

Ball is in your court.

Edit:  I just watch a "popular" streamer's video claiming military service saying a 100m zero is a 300m zero....  #FakeValor alert, a 100/300m zero... doesn't exist.  Virtually ALL military rounds have a 25/300m zero.  Not 100/300m.

 

BsgBulletPhysics.png

Bullet-Trajectory-RECOIL.jpg

m855VsM193.gif

Edited by H4ilToTheKing

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Rekonsile

The only people who generally know how rounds work are DM's and Scout Snipers in the military most of your basic grunts have no clue and the same goes with all the POG's that flap their mouths.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Looongcat

We use ACOG, and it is calibrated to a certain ammo type. 

but still need someone with rangefinder to call out dist. 

usually when we dig in, we will have someone call out dist. with ref point. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dusty747
10 hours ago, H4ilToTheKing said:

But if you're hell-bet on making your game realistic as you say in the first line description of your game, bullets do not act realistically at all

no kidding. the game is not realistic at all, because its a game. to say this game needs work is an understatement, and to call it realistic is a bold face lie. my case in point would be the end of raid stats I just had.. 

0 kills

5 hits

351 dmg to body

0 dmg to armor

using .308 M80, I pumped this guy 5 times and he ran it off like forest gump because ibuprophin things. ya, so lets relax on the "tarkov realism" 

  • Sad 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
H4ilToTheKing
35 minutes ago, Looongcat said:

We use ACOG, and it is calibrated to a certain ammo type. 

but still need someone with rangefinder to call out dist. 

usually when we dig in, we will have someone call out dist. with ref point. 

What does that have to do with EFT not having bullets that have an arching trajectory and realistic bullet drop?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Looongcat
5 minutes ago, H4ilToTheKing said:

What does that have to do with EFT not having bullets that have an arching trajectory and realistic bullet drop?

it does, just need to shoot long enough.

also different type of bullet have different type of drop(e.g 7.62 39 US and PS ammo) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
BATTLEBRAWL
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Dusty747 said:

no kidding. the game is not realistic at all, because its a game. to say this game needs work is an understatement, and to call it realistic is a bold face lie. my case in point would be the end of raid stats I just had.. 

0 kills

5 hits

351 dmg to body

0 dmg to armor

using .308 M80, I pumped this guy 5 times and he ran it off like forest gump because ibuprophin things. ya, so lets relax on the "tarkov realism" 

That's great, except nearly every tarkov bible thumper responds to legitimate criticism of having demonstrably worse ammunition at lower level traders for low level players with the "Tarkov's Hardcore" and "Tarkov's Realistic bro".

This only exists to disadvantage new players. The upper level ammo is coded to be "better" because it was arbitrarily decided to be "better" for the sake of the game. 

But yes, the people who think this is realistic are laughable. What universe can you get hit in the arm twice with a .308 and still have it attached to your body whilst retaining functional use to the point where you can conduct surgery on yourself to fix it? (This has happened to me too)

Edited by BATTLEBRAWL

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Rekonsile
58 minutes ago, BATTLEBRAWL said:

That's great, except nearly every tarkov bible thumper responds to legitimate criticism of having demonstrably worse ammunition at lower level traders for low level players with the "Tarkov's Hardcore" and "Tarkov's Realistic bro".

This only exists to disadvantage new players. The upper level ammo is coded to be "better" because it was arbitrarily decided to be "better" for the sake of the game. 

But yes, the people who think this is realistic are laughable. What universe can you get hit in the arm twice with a .308 and still have it attached to your body whilst retaining functional use to the point where you can conduct surgery on yourself to fix it? (This has happened to me too)

i mean .308 doesnt remove your arm... thats like all the idiots who think .50 blows off limbs... this game isnt realistic or it wouldnt have stims and you wouldnt beable to fight on morphine or pain killers...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Vedova

Please please please bring this in, god its frustrating!

100m/300m same POA - using the f88 - 5.56 round shot by the ADF, its what everyone who goes though basic is taught... 

 

''In the hands of a “typical” hunter who might fire 10 rounds a year it’s not certain they would notice the difference between a 100 and 300 zero, which is about 3″ of drop.''

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
kelevra_06
Posted (edited)
vor 26 Minuten schrieb Vedova:

In the hands of a “typical” hunter who might fire 10 rounds a year

Thats not really correct! Most Hunters shoot more than you think! Most Hunters understand more of Ballistics than the typical Military guy does. Some Hunters even Reload the Bullets by themself and you need knowledge to do that. How many Calibers does a typical Military Guy use compared to a Hunter?

 

Edited by kelevra_06

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
H4ilToTheKing
Posted (edited)

Most hunters I know do a 50/150m (7.62 rounds are heavy) because it gets them a very... consistent (flattest) bullet trajectory.

Even at 100m with a 50/150m the bullet is only 2 inches above where you're aiming.  That is very reasonably accurate when hunting.  (When using the bigger 7.62 rounds that have almost 2x the powder in them)

.308 = 7.62

7.62x39 (PS & BS) rounds have less powder and have a 50/100m zero which is 1/2 the "zero" of 7.62x51 aka "big" .308 rounds.

Edit:  Which tying this ALL back into EFT.  I cannot find a "sniper" round that acts realistically either and "arches" above your LOA then comes back down to the "zero".

Edited by H4ilToTheKing

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Looongcat

30-06 ALL THE WAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ransomhades

Field artillery POG

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...
b38e7c858218a416ef714554dce933a2