kuracmc

Can't move primary weapon in menu

kuracmc

hey guys,

i've been having an issue for the past two hours. i can't pick up my current primary weapon in the menu and move it to the stash/backpack/etc. i can switch all the other things like secondary, hand gun and so on. but not the primary weapon. i even tried to throw it away since right clicking it still brings up the pop up menu. but nothing happens when i click to throw it away.

i've checked google for the past hour but couldn't find any posts that describe this problem so here i am. do you guys and know about this and if so is there any solution?

keep up the great work!

TheWay

@kuracmc

Hello sir,

please contact our support center through the game launcher about this issue, you can see the instruction how to submit a report in the topic that I am sharing below:

Also a recorded video attached to the report (as a link) could be very helpful to identify the issue you are having.

orion310591

Try to clear cache folder Escape From Tarkov\cache

Drofic
Posted (edited)

If you restart the game and go straight to character( DO NOT enter hideout ) can you move it then?

If so remove the mag and clear the chamber( inspect weapon and remove bullet from slot ).

This fixed it for me and I can now move my primary weapon, no matter the way I enter my stash( via hideout etc ) and has remained fixed since then.

Edited by Drofic

Vernon757

It happens to me after I shoot my gun in the hideout. When I go back to char menu, It thinks that I used all the bullets and I also can't move my gun. You can restart, but I found it easier to take a bullet and put it in the chamber, which  causes an error and sends me to the main menu, basically resetting it. You can then go back to character menu and move your gun, and the bullets are also back.

CamScott

I have the same issue and this worked for me. I had try restarting the game before so I must not have gone to the Character screen first.

On 4/1/2020 at 10:58 PM, Vernon757 said:

It happens to me after I shoot my gun in the hideout. When I go back to char menu, It thinks that I used all the bullets and I also can't move my gun. You can restart, but I found it easier to take a bullet and put it in the chamber, which  causes an error and sends me to the main menu, basically resetting it. You can then go back to character menu and move your gun, and the bullets are also back.

This sounds like it may be the best temp fix if that does work. I figured it was because I was moving attachments on the weapon while I had it equipped, but now that you mention it I was also using the Hideout firing range every time I had the bug as well. I have gotten that error you mentioned at least once before as well where it actually consumes the ammo in the weapon at the firing range temporarily until it errored out after a few seconds.