Sign in to follow this  
Vedova

In game screen freezing but can still move around

Vedova
Posted (edited)

Since the last patch, my game will randomly freeze, the picture freezes but I can still move around in game when my friends are in game with me. Cant open the menu or anything else, have to alt f4 and reconnect the game. Its happened 5 times today, it happens when meding or just after shooting a scav. 

My friends dont seem to be getting the same bug though. Very very strange!

Edited by Vedova

zcrab

I have the same problem, been looking for a fix.

Seen some write that i can be related to overclocking, but i havent done that so not sure.

Its the reason i stopped playing some time ago.

• Upvote 1

LiquidSwordz

I am just now having a similiar issue after today's patch on 4/16.

My game's frozen multiple times as pmc and scav just moving around. the image is frozen but I have all the audio of moving around, aiming, entering inventory and even hitting ESC to bring open menu but the image is frozen. I have to ALT+F4 and reopen the game. 

This is a brand new issue for me, I can tolerate disconnects and server issues but this is really upsetting. Any news for fix?

BooBam

I had this happen to me as well, all i did was change it from borderless to full screen and that somehow fixed it.

TUALMASOK

I am having a similar issue, but everyone else in the game freezes and I can walk around normally, but I'm not actually in the game, I've disconnected. This has only started in the last three weeks or so. I'll be playing with a friend when everything starts to get choppy, as in players and scavs move, then stop, then move again, no action is smooth. Next thing everyone stops, completely locked up, but I can still move even though I'm no longer in the game.

Closing EFT and reconnecting works for about 60 seconds before the cycle starts again. I thought it only affected me when playing with friends but now it's happening almost every solo raid.

jesper1995

I have this too, 1080ti GPU, intel cpu i8. Really frustrating, only happend since the last two major patches.

DissAbledGamer

It has nothing to do with overclocking. It's their inability to optimize unity engine, along with a plethora of other issues like BE crashing your game for no reason, so when it crashes it manifests in various waays. I've had this happen so much since 12.6 i just prone and hope I'm not dead when i reload the game. 

There is close to ZERO logic on why the game crashes 99% of the time, so the only thing you can assume is their inability to work out conflicting code strings. 

jesper1995

Everytime the game is about to do a small stutter, such as when you press tab for example, or just a random occured stutter. My game screen freezes in like 90% of those occasions and sound too. But the sound and and game controls unfreezes shortly after and I'm able to do all actions, including presscing ESC, seeing a mouse pop up, shoot etc. But the screen remains stuck so Alt f4ing to rejoin is the only alternative. This has happend regularly nearly everygame since the last two patches and is utterly game breaking. Please fix this ASAP. Do you need any info so help pinpoint the issue, please guide how to send then.

salidin
Posted (edited)

Discord's overlay was causing this for me also turning off the overlay resolved several other crashes especially when loading end of raid. 

But very rarely it still acts as if the game has timed out if I sit in the selection screen for a extended period of time. 

Edited by salidin