Caster89Actual

Low FPS issues that i cant solve, can i get help from a dev please?

Caster89Actual

Before i begin, my PC isnt an uber sick gaming rig, with that said should have enough power to run this game at a stable 50FPS and GameDebate.com WillItRun test agrees and says i should be getting a stable 50-60 FPS on med-high settings so please understand if i seem a bit short with you if the only advice you give is "get on my lvl and upgrade lol your machine is trash no wonder you get low FPS". Im a vet on a fixed medical disability income so buying a 1K gaming rig is out of the question for me right now.

I am getting unbearable FPS on every map no matter what setting i use. I get anywhere from 8-27 FPS with a few spikes to 30, my game will have a straight up 3 second frame freeze when i enter CQC and fire my gun causing me to lose 99% of my CQC firefights which i shouldnt need to say is at bare minimum frustrating and starting to really hit me in my moral hard. between the unplayable frame rate and all the other BS this game throws my way i am almost ready to just give up and eat the 60$ loss i spent on this game i cant play. when i load into an offline raid with only scavs i get the proper amount of FPS, 60 on every map.

when i open my resources manager in raid its using an average of 50% of my CPU 11/16 gigs of ram and like 40% of my GPU resources, thats with discord in the background running as well so i know for a fact my PC is powerful enough to play this game.

I have tried a TON of optimization combinations too, like changing the DPI settings, correcting the refresh rate in tarkovs .ini file, changing my Nvidia settings overclocking my GPU (made it run worse) turning the odd/even cores off ect ect ect. . . .

i made a thread like this last night and one of the purple posters messaged me saying he will help me through team view and make sure everything is in its proper place but i never ended up hearing back from him when i replied.  if there is any way i could get the assistance of a Dev or even someone who is extremely tech savvy i would greatly appreciate it.

my rigs specs, yes it isnt the most powerful but it has more than enough juice to run tarkov at a better average frame rate than in the 20s. Hell there is a guy on the forums who gets 60 FPS on a CAD rig he crammed 32 gigs of ram into.

AMD A10-7800K APU 3.6-4.0 mhz depending on if its going turbo

GTX 960 2gig

16 gigs of DDR3

1TB HD (wish i had an SSD)

Please someone help, this frame rate makes taking on even TOZ scavs almost impossible.

Wiskimike

This is a CPU bottleneck. Tarkov is CPU demanding as f***! Even if there are only 50% usage for the whole CPU, there meight be a Core or two which is at 100%. Also 2 gb VRAM is far to low.
Even if you dont want to hear it - your pc isnt capable to run tarkov.

And dont compare it to an CAD rig. They have good CPU's and often decent GPU's...

Caster89Actual
24 minutes ago, Wiskimike said:

This is a CPU bottleneck. Tarkov is CPU demanding as f***! Even if there are only 50% usage for the whole CPU, there meight be a Core or two which is at 100%. Also 2 gb VRAM is far to low.

And dont compare it to an CAD rig. They have good CPU's and often decent GPU's...

its a quad core and the game runs with two off so if this were a bottle neck issue id imagine it would still be red lined.

also 2G of vram is the recommended amount by BSG, it might not be the best amount to effeciently run the game but its more than enough Vram to be getting more than 25FPS

as basic my knowledge with computers is, it isnt so basic that i wouldn't recognize a bottlenecked CPU. From what i understand if it were it would be using CPU resources significantly more than GPU resources and both are using roughly the same amount.

though i appreciate the reply.

Wiskimike

So I tested it out and guess what. On 1920x1080 on lowest settings with everything turned of I got VRAM-usage of 2,8gb! So there you have it. Your GPU is limiting you. And even if not, the CPU wont do much more because its crap and EFT is CPU demanding. Maybe you will get 10fps or something like that more, but not much...

Caster89Actual
14 minutes ago, Wiskimike said:

So I tested it out and guess what. On 1920x1080 on lowest settings with everything turned of I got VRAM-usage of 2,8gb! So there you have it. Your GPU is limiting you. And even if not, the CPU wont do much more because its crap and EFT is CPU demanding. Maybe you will get 10fps or something like that more, but not much...

what did you test it on?

Wiskimike

I tested it on my pc. opened msi-afterburner which can show you many datas, also vram-usage. So those 2,7-2,8gb usage is what you have while playing. So the system has to load new textures etc into the vram all the time. And you said you have hdd. This is not good.

I will install the game on my second old pc which has an bad cpu which is still stronger than yours, but i will see how many fps i can get out of it.

Can you visit userbenchmark.com and test your system and than copy the link?

Edited by Wiskimike

Caster89Actual
11 minutes ago, Wiskimike said:

I tested it on my pc. opened msi-afterburner which can show you many datas, also vram-usage. So those 2,7-2,8gb usage is what you have while playing. So the system has to load new textures etc into the vram all the time. And you said you have hdd. This is not good.

I will install the game on my second old pc which has an bad cpu which is still stronger than yours, but i will see how many fps i can get out of it.

Can you visit userbenchmark.com and test your system and than copy the link?

do you think getting an SSD would help at all?

Wiskimike

Maybe, an ssd is better in every case. I hate pc's with hdds. Everything takes so long.
But your system is not realy worth upgrading. Everything is old. If you're planing to upgrad your pc in the future start with the gpu because you can take it over to your next pc. Dont know how much budget you have

Caster89Actual
1 minute ago, Wiskimike said:

Maybe, an ssd is better in every case. I hate pc's with hdds. Everything takes so long.
But your system is not realy worth upgrading. Everything is old. If you're planing to upgrad your pc in the future start with the gpu because you can take it over to your next pc. Dont know how much budget you have

that's the issue, i dont have a budget, i am on a fixed income. When i built this PC i built it to the recommended specs posted by BSG so i can specifically play this game.

a 3.6 mhz cpu 16 gigs of ram and any DX11 compatible GPU with 2gigs or more of VRAM

if the specs they provided aren't enough to run this game at a playable frame rate then im done with BSG, i already have extremely strong opinions about the company and if they put up specs needed to run a game and those specs arent enough to run said game then im giving up on the company as a whole. Just a huge shame there is no way to get my money back or get them to stop acting like lazy scumbags all the time.

though honestly im still not 100% convinced its a outdated hardware issue because im able to play much more graphically intensive games than tarkov on this PC.

Wiskimike

Those specs are old, they also added the sentence where they mentioned that specs can change over the time and I think those specs are from the time the game get available.
And at least they arn't wrong. You can run it - more or less...

But your hardware is outdated. Sorry. Your cpu released 6 years ago as an budget desktop processor/apu. The 960 is also 5-6 years old and was at that time a "low budget" entry hardware. Maybe you can run other games too, but eft isnt well optimzed and so its hardware demanding.

I tested it on my wifes pc which has an pentium G4560 (2core with HT @3.5GHz), 8gb of DDR4-2133 MHz and an Radeon RX480 or so. It runs on med-low settings with 50-60fps completly CPU-bottlenecked. And the G4560 is a lot faster than your AMD, even if it has physical cores less...

Maybe look for an low-budget ryzen setup with a used 1060 or 1070. Ryzen 2600x plus Mainboard are around 200 bucks, a used 1060 150bucks. 8gb of ddr4 ram are 100bucks new. old PSU and case can be used and this will give you enough power to play every game on the marked.

Caster89Actual
9 minutes ago, Wiskimike said:

Those specs are old, they also added the sentence where they mentioned that specs can change over the time and I think those specs are from the time the game get available.
And at least they arn't wrong. You can run it - more or less...

But your hardware is outdated. Sorry. Your cpu released 6 years ago as an budget desktop processor/apu. The 960 is also 5-6 years old and was at that time a "low budget" entry hardware. Maybe you can run other games too, but eft isnt well optimzed and so its hardware demanding.

I tested it on my wifes pc which has an pentium G4560 (2core with HT @3.5GHz), 8gb of DDR4-2133 MHz and an Radeon RX480 or so. It runs on med-low settings with 50-60fps completly CPU-bottlenecked. And the G4560 is a lot faster than your AMD, even if it has physical cores less...

Maybe look for an low-budget ryzen setup with a used 1060 or 1070. Ryzen 2600x plus Mainboard are around 200 bucks, a used 1060 150bucks. 8gb of ddr4 ram are 100bucks new. old PSU and case can be used and this will give you enough power to play every game on the marked.

so what exactly makes the G4560 alot faster? they both seem to have the exact same clock speeds? what is so different that it lets you actualy play at 50-60 FPS?

Wiskimike
vor 28 Minuten schrieb Caster89Actual:

so what exactly makes the G4560 alot faster? they both seem to have the exact same clock speeds? what is so different that it lets you actualy play at 50-60 FPS?

sure, they have the same clock speeds, but they have a complete different architecture. The Intels run a lot more efficient as the old AMD of that time! Example: I got 2015 an fx 8350 8-core AMD (4.0GHz, 4.2 Boost) cpu, which had a real bad performance. Than I went to Intels i5 6600k with 4 cores less and "only" 3.5GHz base-clock and 3.9 Turbo. The i5 outperformed the FX by miles if not lightyears. Even on Multithread applications as rendering.

So on my wifes computer: Better CPU and More VRAM.

• Upvote 1

Caster89Actual

So if I can get 50-60 FPS in offline raid with scavs on horde on every map what is the possibility that this could attributed to an internet connection issue? How does the addition of 10-12 PMCs cause a 40 FPS decrease?

Caster89Actual

Also I wanted to thank you for your time trying to help me.

i am still not 100% convinced this is an outdated hardware issue but your explanation has made me consider using my rent money to upgrade.

how well do you think it would help if upgraded to a GPU  with 4-8 gigs of vram? Or would it cause a worse bottleneck?

Edited by Caster89Actual

TryToSurvive
В 03.04.2020 в 08:37, Wiskimike сказал:

CPU demanding you say? Same processor...in first case OFFLINE but 800 Mhz in second ONLINE but 2GHz. So where is the truth?

EscapeFromTarkov_2020_04_04_16_33_33_188.jpg

EscapeFromTarkov_2020_04_04_13_55_28_749.jpg

Caster89Actual
4 hours ago, TryToSurvive said:

CPU demanding you say? Same processor...in first case OFFLINE but 800 Mhz in second ONLINE but 2GHz. So where is the truth?

EscapeFromTarkov_2020_04_04_16_33_33_188.jpg

EscapeFromTarkov_2020_04_04_13_55_28_749.jpg

Im not trying to be offensive but im not sure i understand what you are trying to say?

so you have an a10-7800 and you are running it at 40 FPS?

what kind of GPU are you running and what graphical setting do you have your game on?

also do you have a SSD?

TryToSurvive
1 час назад, Caster89Actual сказал:

Im not trying to be offensive but im not sure i understand what you are trying to say?

so you have an a10-7800 and you are running it at 40 FPS?

what kind of GPU are you running and what graphical setting do you have your game on?

also do you have a SSD?

I'm trying to say that there is no optimisation. As you can see I can run this game on laptop CPU with 800 MHz with 35 FPS. In the same time, if I double the frequency nothing changes at all. So the question is, is it CPU demanding or not? And if it is why I can run it on 800 Mhz?

All settings are low, 1080p resolution, 1070 GeForce and I'm using SSD.

Pal, your system is outdated but damn this game isn't that demanding to prove it, it's just not optimised.

Caster89Actual
1 hour ago, TryToSurvive said:

I'm trying to say that there is no optimisation. As you can see I can run this game on laptop CPU with 800 MHz with 35 FPS. In the same time, if I double the frequency nothing changes at all. So the question is, is it CPU demanding or not? And if it is why I can run it on 800 Mhz?

All settings are low, 1080p resolution, 1070 GeForce and I'm using SSD.

Pal, your system is outdated but damn this game isn't that demanding to prove it, it's just not optimised.

Ah, I get you now. Honestly I’m still at a huge loss so I just ended up buying a new pc anyways. I feel like 8 have tried everything. I know EFT used to not run on AMD architecture very well I’m not sure if they patched that or not.

HungWeiLo
On 4/4/2020 at 3:00 PM, Caster89Actual said:

Ah, I get you now. Honestly I’m still at a huge loss so I just ended up buying a new pc anyways. I feel like 8 have tried everything. I know EFT used to not run on AMD architecture very well I’m not sure if they patched that or not.

What are your new PC specs?

Caster89Actual
On 11/8/2020 at 12:22 AM, HungWeiLo said:

What are your new PC specs?

I bought a second hand optioned 790

second gen i7 2600 (non K so no overclocking for me =/ ) 3.4 ghrtz

came with a 4gig gtx 1650 (non super, low watt MSI version)

32 gigs of ram

i was running on high settings with shadows turned off and was getting 55 average fps. Unfortunately the power supply started to go out and fried that gtx 1650 I think because every time I try and start up tarkov my PC restarts. I replaced the PSU with a spare 500 watt I had laying around and it is still doing the same thing. I’m almost 100% that the PSU took the GPU with it. I’m on amazon right this second looking at replacing it. Torn between upgrading to the 1650 super or going with a bit more VRAM and going with the Rx 5500 xt. The comparisons iv looked at seems like they are on the same footing.

Freisa

Sorry but you will not get help from the devs, EFT have the worst support in the gaming history =P Hope you managed to solve your issue. 

wtornado

Sounds like you are having a lot of second hand hardware problems.

rastommy77

Game is poorly optimised. You have to wait.

1. get an ssd

2. wait.