hambanana

HIGH PING DISCONNECT

hambanana

Jesus ducking christ devs. You don't punish the entire wifi playing community because some players cheat. You have literally made it so i can't play a single ducking raid. I don't even care about the countless rubles I've lost. Your ping cap has punished the wrong people. Think before you make stupid ducking changes. Fix it.

sYs
Posted (edited)

Ping abuse is a form of cheating.  Server side ping cap is not yet deployed as of writing of this message. 

Where you from that you get such bad ping? 

I play with some dudes from america and im like 10,000km away on the other continent but still get 150 ping max.

Edited by sYs

hambanana

Im west coast NA, and i have fine ping. 58 most of the ducking time. But it occasionally spikes high enough to get me kicked, just for 1/10th of a second or some poo. It isn't ping abuse, it is playing on wifi. It is ducking dumb that I can't play because I have wifi.

Also it takes really stupid and shitty devs to punish everyone to stop some people. 

sYs
Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, hambanana said:

Im west coast NA, and i have fine ping. 58 most of the ducking time. But it occasionally spikes high enough to get me kicked, just for 1/10th of a second or some poo. It isn't ping abuse, it is playing on wifi. It is ducking dumb that I can't play because I have wifi.

So call  your ISP provider and ask them to fix the service for you.  It's not the games fault that your internet/wiring is faulty. 

Edited by sYs

hambanana

Its not lmao, WIFI will spike, Thats just how it ducking works

And yes, punishing all wifi players is the games fault

sYs
1 minute ago, hambanana said:

Its not lmao, WIFI will spike, Thats just how it ducking works

And yes, punishing all wifi players is the games fault

No wifi spikes here and it's not how it works - that's how bad configuration or bad service works. 

Ventron

Even if your internet ping spikes, it should go down fast enough so you dont get kicked.

hambanana

Grow a brain, learn something about wifi, then post

2 minutes ago, Ventron said:

Even if your internet ping spikes, it should go down fast enough so you dont get kicked.

That isn't whats happening for me

Ventron
2 minutes ago, hambanana said:

Any other users on your wifi? My wifi doesnt spike at all, not that im gaming on it, ethernet will always be the best option.

hambanana
Just now, Ventron said:

Any other users on your wifi? My wifi doesnt spike at all, not that im gaming on it, ethernet will always be the best option.

No, it is just me. Of course ethernet is the best option. Unfortunately this comp can't be hardwired

Ventron
1 minute ago, hambanana said:

No, it is just me. Of course ethernet is the best option. Unfortunately this comp can't be hardwired

Whats your wifi speed?

hambanana
Just now, Ventron said:

Whats your wifi speed?

100MBS down

sYs
Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, hambanana said:

You are talking to someone who used to install wifis  for 5 years. 

You should read upon this. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wi-Fi

2 minutes ago, Ventron said:

Whats your wifi speed?

Speed has nothing to do with the stability of connection which the op is clearly lacking. Either faulty hardware or just badly installed service. 

Lots of people are sick and tired of shooting rubberbanding players. Op is clearly blaming a game for his own issues and is not here for suggestions or solutions. 

Edited by sYs

Ventron
3 minutes ago, hambanana said:

100MBS down

Test your ping in other games maybe? CSGO should be fast enough to check.

hambanana
Just now, Ventron said:

Test your ping in other games maybe? CSGO should be fast enough to check.

Will do

sYs
Just now, hambanana said:

You are talking to someone that currently works in IT. Like I said before. Grow a brain.

Than i think you should not.

You should than have already run a ping test and realized it's your ISP issue and it's up for them to fix it not the game developers. 

ironside1983
Posted (edited)

It does the same thing to me. i live in a rural area that only has 3 meg down and i paid 150 for this game and it is just not right. The game should not punish ppl who do not have the money or the means to get better internet, especially during a pandemic.

Edited by ironside1983
addition
  • Like 1

EDBerG316

You don't get kicked for ping spikes, the game kicks for constant high ping.And like SyS says, you probably have a bad configured wifi router or maybe even a really old one. And to get back to topic, ping limitations improve the game quality because nobody wants to shoot ghosts ore have to deal with constant rubberbanding enemys.

_Warlow_

I'm an Australian player who bought the game to play with american buddies. I can't play with them anymore at all as i get instantly disconnected.

I feel like 240-250 is ok as long as it's a stable ping. 300+ or a ping that spikes wildly could be a better option for those who do play socially with distant buddies while still protecting everyone from teleporters

• Like 1

_Warlow_

just to be clear, my ping floats between 240 and 260, which is right on the limit unfortunately.

wtornado
Posted (edited)
On 4/3/2020 at 7:20 AM, hambanana said:

Jesus ducking christ devs. You don't punish the entire wifi playing community because some players cheat. You have literally made it so i can't play a single ducking raid. I don't even care about the countless rubles I've lost. Your ping cap has punished the wrong people. Think before you make stupid ducking changes. Fix it.

You like me probably played before with 30-50 ping for months and as the game progressed you would join a match were the ping will vary and be higher than usual and it is normal because there is no max ping limit set on the game yet forcing players to play in their own regions. Like other games I think it will come. There are servers all over the world unfortunately people are not choosing the closest one to them. I put this up on another post to explain it simply. I'll copy paste it .

------------------------------------------

You fix a max ping of 150 on all servers in each region forcing players to play in their regions like the old days.

Don't forget the servers don't work like they used to. Simply put now it's  the sum of all pings of the connected players and the server trying to average it out.  Let's say you have 5 players player 1 with a 50 ping  player 2 and 3 with a 100 ping and player 4 and 5 with a 250 ping.

So the sum of all pings divided by the amount of players 750 divided by 5 makes the game run at about 150 ping average.

Benefiting the 250 pinger and penalizing the 50 ping player.The guy running 100 ping are in the middle.

Will there be packet loss with a 250 ping? Well that depends on the connections and providers getting the player there.

Distance of the other players and packet loss punishes the low ping player because the server gave your precise position to the 250 ping player but you did not get theirs yet because the server is trying to calculate their position due to packet loss = you lag for 1 second and you are dead. That is how it works today .

That is why some matches you will have a ping of 29 and other matches that you will have a ping of 100-150-200 depending on who and where the players are joining from and bringing up the server ping trying to balance an average ping for all players and smooth out game play. The server has its limits and packets will be lost and players will warp if their ping and data is hard to manage.

Edited by wtornado

wtornado

That is why when other players around the world connect from their timezone you will see players from halfway around the world warp and lag.And when it is bedtime for them and you get local players coming on the warping stops and the game is more stable.

For now the devs seem to be encouraging others to join from anywhere (money money money ) but it wrecks the gaming experience.

One game that suffered for years from this was World of Tanks and the North American server where South Americans would come on and play bringing up the average ping of the match to unplayable limits with warping and lag..

It pretty well went away when they opened a South American server and the game play returned to normal.

khart183

Im west coat AUS, and I cant play with anything but Singapore and Sydney due to ping cap. I get 200 ping on west coat NA, and I barely ever rubberband but I get kicked now. Its dumb, and especially when queue times for AUS is 5 min+, so you have to play on Asian servers which is a nightmare due to the countless hackers. Please either increase the ping cap or remove it entirely. 

• Like 1