Flea Market LvL Requirement

Put the minimum level to use the market back to 5, Level 10 is too high and pointless.

The game is almost unplayable as my stash has been full since level 6.

I have optimised space as much as possible. I am just holding items for no reason because Im not going to sell rare items to a trader for stupidly low prices.  I cant even play as a scav to get weapons to level up my PMC because I will have nowhere to move the weapons to in my stash.

Either make the lvl req back to 5 or make it so you gain xp from playing as a scav because I literally can not play the game until im lvl 10.

• Upvote 1
StudTrunkMonkey

I dont think your the only person who struggles with space however the work around is to sell the clutter, you will find those items again i am sure, and keep selling until you can buy an items case or even better a THICC case.......Level 10 is not that hard to accomplish, the game isn't supposed to be easy and its the way Nikita wants it.....

Edited by StudTrunkMonkey
KikiG4mer

im having same issue, as a new player im having hard time fighting other PMC players especially since they have good gear and good ammo meanwhile im standing there with my Stock AKM and PS Ammo.

The other problem is when you die you loose most of your XP. Example (you kill a few scavs, if you were to extract you get 4000 xp but if you die you get like 800 - 1000 xp) so all the work you did goes to waste because someone with better gear or an exit camper killed you

my suggestion is either rework the XP system or lower the level required to unlock the FLEA Because currently is almost impossible for  new inexperienced players like me to Gain XP and unlock the FLEA

[This is just my own personal opinion]

AlphaPhiAlpha

You have to consider that you joined months after the last wipe. With next wipe, everyone is back to scratch and you will fight other PMCs with the same poo gear like you have now. It’s not the games fault that you joined „late“. 

Trust me you can sell a lot of stuff right now. I know it hurts, I hoarded everything too at the beginning. But making money once you have access is easy. You will find the items again and you will make lots of money. 

StudTrunkMonkey

It is definitely super difficult to PVP but i think it was designed this way to be brutal so when you finally start to succeed in this game the reward  feels much better......I still say that with my experience being one of the older players in this game against these younger players on top of just coming back to playing on PC after 15+ years on console and am now i am  at level 26 starting since January that if i can level up anyone can......Play low and slow,  Watch a few videos of Nikita's podcast on this game and his vision going forward....If the games future doesn't appeal to the style of game you wish to play then you of coarse you have a decision to make, play the game based off the DEVS plans and learn to enjoy or do as you must.....

i am certain no adjustments pertaining to making it easier for anyone is going to happen, they are all in committed to optimizations and game completion.....

KikiG4mer
9 minutes ago, AlphaPhiAlpha said:

You have to consider that you joined months after the last wipe. With next wipe, everyone is back to scratch and you will fight other PMCs with the same poo gear like you have now. It’s not the games fault that you joined „late“. 

Trust me you can sell a lot of stuff right now. I know it hurts, I hoarded everything too at the beginning. But making money once you have access is easy. You will find the items again and you will make lots of money. 

by your logic new players should buy the game only when wipes happen (they happen 1 - 2 times a year)?

your logic is flawed, the games should be designed to be New-user friendly.

there is no such a thing as "being late to buy a game"

AlphaPhiAlpha

No that’s not what I said. I said don’t cry around when buying in mid of a wipe (call it season / wipe / whatever) when you already know how the game works. I mean did you watch a stream/video/read about the game? Did you know how it works - as in access to Flea, good ammo etc. If yes - why complain. If no - here you got your mistake.

Usually you might be right about new-user-friendly. Yet again, you bought a game which advertises itself as hardcore and being especially hard for newbies to learn. If you know that - why complain? 

Really? Have you tried playing CS, PUBG, Overwatch, Heartstone, SC as a newbie in a competitive mode? You will get your ass wiped because you joined a game late and people already have practice and experience 

BanditMaka

it's already way too forgiving. You don't want the game balanced for the newest and least capable. You'll get a little more comfortable and fly through that.

KikiG4mer
2 minutes ago, AlphaPhiAlpha said:

No that’s not what I said. I said don’t cry around when buying in mid of a wipe (call it season / wipe / whatever) when you already know how the game works. I mean did you watch a stream/video/read about the game? Did you know how it works - as in access to Flea, good ammo etc. If yes - why complain. If no - here you got your mistake.

Usually you might be right about new-user-friendly. Yet again, you bought a game which advertises itself as hardcore and being especially hard for newbies to learn. If you know that - why complain? 

Really? Have you tried playing CS, PUBG, Overwatch, Heartstone, SC as a newbie in a competitive mode? You will get your ass wiped because you joined a game late and people already have practice and experience 

The game is hardcore regarding the aim and movement and combat in general which is not a problem. but other people having access to more and better gear than you because you joined "late" that's not being hard core that's just a disadvantage.

i started playing csgo 5 years a go and i did get my ass whiped now im LEM, you are comparing Pure aim and game knowledge (cs:go) to game restrictions (EFT FLEA lock) which are 2 different things 

BanditMaka
5 minutes ago, KikiG4mer said:

The game is hardcore regarding the aim and movement and combat in general which is not a problem. but other people having access to more and better gear than you because you joined "late" that's not being hard core that's just a disadvantage.

i started playing csgo 5 years a go and i did get my ass whiped now im LEM, you are comparing Pure aim and game knowledge (cs:go) to game restrictions (EFT FLEA lock) which are 2 different things 

Wipes happen all the time. If you start late, play, learn, and be ready for the next one.
If you really feel hard done by, it's only your first wipe that you'll feel this way. Because if you take a break and start late in future you'll see the fact that it's so much faster and easier to get good gear and level, when every kill you get is worth way more xp, and all the best stuff is already floating around.

Masmerize
28 minutes ago, AlphaPhiAlpha said:

I think you don't understand something. He has a right to complain, because it's much harder to manage the stash space with the new requirement to flea market, wich is level 10.   The way you talk it's like making him stupid for buying the game mid-wipe. Like he is supposed to come first on the forums and ask the devs what's this and that with the game so he will know first what to do and when to play. Are you for real? 🤦‍♂️ 

Exactly like @Pontinz said, as it is right now you get your stash full before level 10. That is WITH selling the cheaper items to traders, and keeping only the rares. And this is the problem, because no one wants to sell the rare items for much less money that they can get on flea market. Do you get it now?

• Like 2
56curious

They made the change to help stop the amount of bots on the flea from sniping the deals they're set to grab (from what I was told). I do think  lvl10 is too high however. The previous one, lvl 5 was a bit too easy and so perhaps the mid ground, level 7, would be a better alt to try. The problem is you don't want the flea access to low otherwise new players are ripped off on deals they don't fully understand, like barter trades for example.

I can understand the choice of level 10 though. Do some quests, get the experience in the game then you can understand a new aspect, helps aid the bombardment of game mechanics. Besides, the game, as we saw with the weight update, is supposed to be difficult and making the flea market easily accessible at the lower levels and given access to top tier ammo kinda makes it a bit easy.

Just my thoughts on the whole thing, a friend of pontinz before you start saying i'm hating on him hah. I do think this still needs a think about though. Hard access mid/late wipe, however very balanced at the start of a wipe.

• Upvote 2
  • 4 months later...
srg_LUCID

SAME ISSUE: I used to play early 2019 wipe, and I came back 2020 ready to have a fresh start in the game again, and realizing that the Flea Market REQUIRED LVL is 10! Almost made me want to stop playing the game. PLS NEKITA FOR THE LOVE OF PRAPOR CHANGE IT BACK!!!!!!!!

I am a new player and the flea market is the biggest issue I face right now. I collect a lot of stuff to build my hideout and do trades. I only need one or two items from each to complete unlock a new feature of the hideout. I'm approaching Level 6 and previously I could have bought those few items I need, completed the upgrades and deals and had a lot more space. Instead I just sold all my expensive fancy free EOD gear like the Level 6 Armor to make space for screws, nuts and pliers. At least I'm not short on cash.

I sold about 50k of cigaretteso, because they seemed pretty useless when I pick up plenty of low ranked gear without needing to buy from dealers.

Put the Flea Market back to Level 5 and I think a lot of newbie frustrations would go away. If you study the game online to get better, all the youtube guides etc tell you Level 5 opens up the game, when you finally get there, its like someone moved the goalposts and gave you the finger lol.

Edited by Antmax