Sign in to follow this  
oninaig

Why do enemy footsteps just "cut out" instead of fading away?

oninaig

New player, but I have tried this both with headsets and without as well as with a helmet and without. Every time I have had someone run up next to me I only hear their footsteps when they are very very close. An example is when I am crouched next to a building with metal floors, I will hear someone sprinting (loud) run into the building, run along the metal floors, and then the sound just stops and if I peak I can see the person is long gone running down the hill/street or whatever is behind the building. I should have hear their footsteps "fade" to nothing, but instead because it just cuts out completely at a certain distance even when its loud, it makes it seem like the person you are listening to has stopped moving when in reality they are still on the move.

Do I have my sound settings misconfigured or something? How far away should footsteps just vanish even though they sound like they are still right next to you?

Rekonsile

when steam audio is in place in one of the upcoming patches it should hopefully fix most of the sound issues in the game. Onepeg does a video on the little things of tarkov check those out and even veritas' older and newer sound videos with the comtacs. loads of good information.