Dezzent

Unplayable game due to high ping kicks...

Dezzent

Since the update of the high ping kicks, the game is unplayable for me because it's just kicks me out every 2 minutes. I understand the reason why is this update is so important, but yet its just made the whole game unplayable for me...
Before this update everything was running okey I never had any issues with high ping, also in other games my ping is perfectly fine.

Is there any way to fix this?

• Like 3

smokedghost

simple, pick low ping servers

RainmakerM4

So its good to know its working.

FINALLY.

• Hot 1
  • Upvote 1

dankwalker

Instead of fixing all the other bugs, we get this useless fix. Now i'm unable to play with my friend overseas

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

schubbey
vor 5 Minuten schrieb dankwalker:

Instead of fixing all the other bugs, we get this useless fix. Now i'm unable to play with my friend overseas

now youre unable to abuse ping peek advantage

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 1

sereania
Posted (edited)

I have a same problem.

No server has a low ping enough. Even in my region(It is displayed around 8~12, but in the game it is said to be over 1200 and kicked.).

Edited by sereania
  • Like 1

yeaxsam

I live in brazil but play on the Miami/Washington DC servers due to the fat that SA servers are horrible. Server queues take 10-15 minutes to find a game and that is just simply unacceptable, and now with this ping kick update im unable to even play the game. My ping on NA servers is usually 100-120 but it spikes to 260-270 for a minute or so and i get kicked. I've lost about a million roubles so far because of this and i also cannot play with my NA friends. I've reached lvl 27 with over 300 raids and now i cant even play the game. This is unfair and unacceptable, they wont even give the SA players a decent server either. 

PS. I have the best wifi that is available in my town (250mbps)

MJelicks

I get the issues people are having with this, but to be fair, you guys are technically the minority in this situation. Some of you may be genuinely playing with your friends and don't usually have ping issues, but there's a majority here that will go to a different server to abuse ping and be able to kill someone before they even know you're there. This bug isn't useless, but a step to prevent the majority of people from ping abuse.

BrettB
Posted (edited)

Yep same here, I was kicked today from the Sydney server which reports 80 ms. The game took all my gear too. For someone that has an elite level of gear fear its devastating 

I think/suggest, if your kicked due to high ping, you should at least keep the gear you took in.

Edited by BrettB
  • Like 1

sasquatchliciou

I've never had ping issues before, or for any other game.  However, today I have been disconnected on shoreline a few times forjust  over 150 ping (155-165).  Factory and Woods play fine.  I unchecked the auto server selection box on the launcher, and selected the one closest to me with sub 20 ping.  I am still having issues on Shoreline.  My first guess would be that matchmaking is putting me on a very far server for a decreased queue time? 

I'm for ping lock, but I'm not for being put in games I'll be kicked out of.  This needs to be looked at!

Goldarv

GOOOOODD!!!!

• Like 1

raw_tarkov

I am from india and recently I am getting high ping around 220 - 400 at every server possible for me. This is only happening in tarkov.

Other games seems to have normal ping like pubg have 70 to singapore server while tarkov have 220 to singapore server.

Seems like some issue with network handling. I have also submitted a bug report. Hopefully it would get fixed soon.

RainmakerM4

Its good that we got posts like these. That means this is really working as intended. People with high pings can be considered on par with cheaters. So happy about this update.

I have been streaming latelly on discord with my guys telling me my voice sometimes breaks on comms, which would mean not a stable ping, right? Well the game did not kick me because of ping, it was stable enough, now imagine these guys who are getting kicked out they would have sky high unstable ping.

• Sad 1

dias2525
9 hours ago, RainmakerM4 said:

Its good that we got posts like these. That means this is really working as intended. People with high pings can be considered on par with cheaters. So happy about this update.

I have been streaming latelly on discord with my guys telling me my voice sometimes breaks on comms, which would mean not a stable ping, right? Well the game did not kick me because of ping, it was stable enough, now imagine these guys who are getting kicked out they would have sky high unstable ping.

Im still getting kicked on a server with 39ping while having a 500mps connection... so no the ping abuse system is bugged. I havent been able to play for more then 30seconds since sunday. Ping is an issue in many games , none use a service this extreme . R6S kicks you if you have a continous ping over 300 for an extended period. BSgames needs to correct this so I can actually play

RainmakerM4

You can have 1000mbs service but if its not stable whats the point?

I am here on copper wire 50mbs game runs perfect. Fix your internet with your isp and come to EFT 

dias2525

once again, ping isnt an issue here. the servers are bugged. has nothing to do with my connection. i pick the lowest ping server at 20ping and never see a spike over 100 but still eft has blown up a good portion of the player base with this patch

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

dankwalker
On 4/5/2020 at 1:39 AM, schubbey said:

now youre unable to abuse ping peek advantage

ye right we bought the game just to abuse the f out of everyone, stop blaming your death on others, you are just bad at the game.

NapoleonB
6 minutes ago, dankwalker said:

ye right we bought the game just to abuse the f out of everyone, stop blaming your death on others, you are just bad at the game.

come on man don't be so negative please.

Angrybiker
25 minutes ago, dankwalker said:

High ping is possibly one of the oldest and most widely used abuses without actually getting involved in cheats, it always has been in gaming, whether you intend to use it as such or not is completely irrelevant. Most, if not all online fps games have a ping limit and they have it for that reason.

The fact you want to play with people overseas is not my problem and it should not in any way impact my gameplay, even if that means you having a higher ping puts you at a disadvantage.

I play sometimes with people in the US(I'm in the UK) and see at most 100-120, those are expected figures to me based on other games I've played. If I were seeing spikes into the 200+ I wouldn't be asking BSG about the problem I'd be phoning my provider.

GraeFrog

Before the patch I had no issues at all on EU servers 

after the patch it’s a different case, still on EU servers the launcher shows them at 39 ping max, game somehow reports 600 and over and I am kicked. 

There is an issue that’s caused with this latest patch, no other game I play acts this way.

I am sure the team will fix it, but they need to hurry up otherwise people may leave 

schubbey
vor 19 Stunden schrieb dankwalker:

in fact i didnt die to ping abusers yet, but i watch daily highlights and streamers every now and then, also its not specially you who abuses ping but there are enough people doing it, imagine having some sort of hack but you wont ever be banned for using it - server change for ping abuse

dankwalker
On 4/12/2020 at 8:42 AM, Angrybiker said:

High ping is possibly one of the oldest and most widely used abuses without actually getting involved in cheats, it always has been in gaming, whether you intend to use it as such or not is completely irrelevant. Most, if not all online fps games have a ping limit and they have it for that reason.

The fact you want to play with people overseas is not my problem and it should not in any way impact my gameplay, even if that means you having a higher ping puts you at a disadvantage.

I play sometimes with people in the US(I'm in the UK) and see at most 100-120, those are expected figures to me based on other games I've played. If I were seeing spikes into the 200+ I wouldn't be asking BSG about the problem I'd be phoning my provider.

I was glad that this game is one of the few games where having high ping doesn't make it unplayable,  I wouldn't be bother to play rainbow 6 or csgo with 200 ping.  I have a survival rate of about 20% but I can enjoy the game with my friends, welp. 

dankwalker
On 4/13/2020 at 3:30 AM, schubbey said:

in fact i didnt die to ping abusers yet, but i watch daily highlights and streamers every now and then, also its not specially you who abuses ping but there are enough people doing it, imagine having some sort of hack but you wont ever be banned for using it - server change for ping abuse

I am no expert in network, but I would prefer to play every game with the lowest ping possible. Have you ever played with high ping? How does that provide you with a cheating level advantage? or any advantage at all? Players would be teleporting everywhere your hits won't register.

I looked up ping abuse on google, and saw this vid made by an ex rainbow 6 dev (at 5min). "when peeking (moving out of cover), a higher ping will not give you more time to react and shoot before becoming visible to other players. This is because all shots need to be validated by the server, so any increased amount of time will also apply to your shots reaching the server"

Maybe hit resigtration work differently in eft, who knows, but at the end of the day, I don't feel like having high ping gives you any advantage. 

schubbey
vor 3 Stunden schrieb dankwalker:

Maybe hit resigtration work differently in eft, who knows, but at the end of the day, I don't feel like having high ping gives you any advantage. 

yeah i feel like having a major disadvantage in every other game, but in eft its a fact that there are people lagging in front of others, you start shooting but there are no hits registered, then you randomly die by that said person which turns around - which is a lot of times an asian player name -

however i think it could be a server calculation as you synchronize with other players, all inputs must be calculated back to give same chance to every player...no matter how high the ping would be, so if youre 2 seconds late by beeing connected from what i know where, the server would give you an advantage of those 2 seconds

vor 3 Stunden schrieb dankwalker:

I am no expert in network

me neither, thats just how i explain it to myself - as mentioned it never happened to me, but i watch videos and streamers and i saw it alot before that patch (also want to mention again that its definatly lagging, no sort of teleportation or invulnerability hack)

spanna

this:

this.jpg.b57703279f93d1918ac49a1960044207.jpg