Dezzent

Unplayable game due to high ping kicks...

Animenate

In my opinion, ping limit wasn't implemented because of "peeker's advantage" or "ping abuse" it was implemented to decrease server loads, and decrease that chance that someone from overseas deliberately using 3rd party software to cheat, will be able to stay connected to the server and farm loot from other players then go and unbalance the economy when selling to the flea market. 

Bear in mind I'm somebody who lives in East Asia, connects to west coast USA to play with 10/15 friends everyday. Since this implementation, I can't play with my friends either, do I like this change? No, but I understand it. I also understand that this will not be changed. But if this is a step towards stopping hackers and cheaters, then I'll just have to do without the laughs of my friends while I play solo.

wildcard2017
40 minutes ago, Animenate said:

In my opinion, ping limit wasn't implemented because of "peeker's advantage" or "ping abuse" it was implemented to decrease server loads, and decrease that chance that someone from overseas deliberately using 3rd party software to cheat, will be able to stay connected to the server and farm loot from other players then go and unbalance the economy when selling to the flea market. 

Bear in mind I'm somebody who lives in East Asia, connects to west coast USA to play with 10/15 friends everyday. Since this implementation, I can't play with my friends either, do I like this change? No, but I understand it. I also understand that this will not be changed. But if this is a step towards stopping hackers and cheaters, then I'll just have to do without the laughs of my friends while I play solo.

I have many clan members in Korea and we can't play together anymore... we tried a few servers like LA and West Coast but that's about it..I think devs should provide exclusive service to China and let them play in their own China servers

Forby
7 hours ago, Animenate said:

Yes, I definitely understand the reason they put the feature in aswell. But for a lot of people, this doesn't just mean they can't play with their friends anymore, it means that many of us can't play the game at all which is really just not acceptable after buying the game is it?

Really hope they get around to fixing this ASAP so I can play again.

Spectro887
Posted (edited)

And that's good, I'm tired of seeing people lagging around with very high pings, koreans and Chinese especially PLAY IN YOUR SERVER. And if you want to take it out on someone take it out on BSG who does not provide good servers for these countries, we certainly don't have to pay for your problems or because you want to play with yours Korean or Chinese friends on duty lol.

Edited by gianluzzz
Masked Profanity word removed. Please read our forum rules first

King_Drayveth

In an ideal world where battle state games actually has enough servers and server architecture and redundancy to handle the traffic the game gets, their high ping kick makes absolute sense but for now when they’re skimping on getting decent servers to cut costs and being lazy about it, it’s an aweful idea. 

9983CE06-16D8-4402-9745-76E56F156731.jpeg

LoginTaken

So in other words, instead of getting better severs.

The just said "F-u-c-k you" too all the people with somewhat poor internet.

They better give refunds for this poo, cause this feature was never expressed and will make the game impossible to play for people with spotty internet.

• Upvote 1

BrettB

yep I cant play either in Australia. I have the best internet available to me, so I have no other option but to play in offline mode or something on steam.

Not ideal, and I hope this is reviewed.

DaBDog

This new system needs to be refined more.

My ping for the server I choose is 23, my RTT in game never goes above 60 at most times. The one time it spikes above 100 (aka lag spike) it immediately kicks me out. It's not my internet, I have no lag issues with other games. They need to work on server stability before implementing a system like this. I've sent in a ticket and been going back and forth with them for quite some time on this. They try to blame it on my ISP, but several of my friends and I am sure a lot of people use the same ISP as me. I've tried every available solution myself and nothing seems to fix it (VPN, checking with ISP, updating my hardware, etc.). And it only happens when my ping spikes above 100, which due to the nature of this game, is usually once a raid.

I get trying to eliminate ping abusers and I am all for that, but kicking someone from raid due to one ping spike above 100 is absolutely ridiculous. Honestly, I felt the game was just fine before that. Sure, sometimes I would get salty when I shot someone in the head and they didn't die or the being killed before the other player rounds the corner; but at least it was playable. I'll take 1 second of lag in a 20 minute raid over being kicked for that 1 second of lag.

BrettB

Well Ill take loosing firefights in order to play at all.

I dont want to play with friends overseas, I dont want a ping advantage, I just want to be able to play.

It needs to be reviewed. 

Maxdoom
Posted (edited)

I did not read the entire thread but I'd like to add that I think ping issues must be something on your end - either you live in a very - let's call it complicated - place where the next servers are very far away, your internet connection is somehow obstructed/problematic or there is some software problem with your internet system.

Because out of all problems I ever had with Escape from Tarkov the ping is only one when I get some bad server.

Edit: I get ping spikes too, but they never kicked me out. I think it's because of bad optimised servers.

Edited by Maxdoom

Nutcracker87
Posted (edited)

The worst thing to see which is a few guys every single raid are the teleporting lagmonsters. You absolutelly cant do anything to them so pinglocking stuff even below 100 should be a thing. First we'd need more stable servers ofcourse they are quite frankly really laggy. 

Edited by Nutcracker87

Gibble404

I can't play the Aussie servers even though I live in Melbourne because 70 ping is to "high" but I can play on the Singapore servers with 140-180 ping perfectly fine, such a pain. Anyone know how to fix this? 

Straafe
Posted (edited)

Anyone who thinks this high ping "fix" was anything other than a lazy bandaid is out of their mind. It barely had any effect on the issues it was meant to fix, and ruined the game for countless legitimate players, like players who have friends in other regions or just have mediocre internet or many other situations.

I have a friend who has a standard 100Mbps cable connection, but based on his PC location in his house he has to use a WIFI card instead of a wired connection. 99.9% of the time, his ping is under 100 in all servers in the region and his connection strength ins perfectly fine, but due to being on WIFI, it rarely (and for less than 1 second), spikes to about 200ms just for a moment. This system was implemented in a way that despite his internet being well below the ping limit virtually all the time, these spikes will trigger the system and kick him from the server, forcing him to reconnect. In a bad raid this can happen to him 3 times in a single raid. While he is playing I can see him move perfectly and he has no issues (since like I said, ping is normal 99.9% of the time), but he will randomly be booted based on a spike that isn't even noticeable to me or to him because of this ridiculous "fix." This spike effects other players ZERO, yet the system is so brutal it just kicks him anyway. This causes him to die all the time while running in place trying to reconnect and essentially makes it so he can't play this game at all.

Edited by Straafe

ThirteenPrime

New to EFT here. Just sharing my experience if anyone would find it useful.

I have okay pings for the ASI servers, 43-110. But i was getting 200+ during the game and i kept getting kicked. What i did was to cycle through the servers selecting one at a time. Finally got in (SG server), played scav and died (first time :D ). Anyway mine is probably an ISP issue somewhere in path to my default server, HK probably. With the pandemic stuff internet circuits might be overloaded. 

PS i think the scav/raid is tied to the server that it was matched, so when i tried to reconnect using a different server, still got the high ping. best bet is to drop from the raid then try a different server.

htanmsa

i am not sure if its due to serverers updating  or they updated ping limit but i am getting kicked if my ping crosses 160 now  just for few seconds.

WhiteWolfLIT

This is bullshit Battlestate. I cannot play with my friends overseas. Make a server for people playing internationally or something, free of this dumbass ping kick. 

Elder_Drake

On high speed internet here and have only US servers selected with me living in the midwest of the US and I am seeing my ping (wired direct to my modem) jump from 30-500+ms like I am watching a traffic light having a seizure in my upper right hand corner as soon as I start loading into a match.

That said BSG did say they were having technically difficulties right on the launcher at least earlier today and I am sure they are aware of the issue and working on it. Still sucks to be kicked off a server I could drive to less than 2 hours because of this but hey, tis a temporary thing and I know it will all be sorted out soon. Keep in mind also that BSG is trying to curb the hackers so some of the erratic server behavior may be an indirect result of this but that is 100% assumption on my part.

superflyjag

People in EU or NA actually don't seem to understand what it's like. Having played this game for a long time and having EU mates that play it it's really awful. They can't play with us on local servers (which are totally poo and empty and no locals want to use them) and due to fibre backbone differences us locals can only play on utterly different server locations. People can still play against 200 ping and lower players. If you think it's an advantage after all this time you don't watch streams and you are know very little about the current state of Tarkov. If anything if WE make a decision to play with friends from EU on lower ping EU servers it's us that are voluntarily taking the risk to just donate gear cause we are at the disadvantage but at least then we can get into a raid where there are actually people. If more had the same experience as us you would understand. In peak hours to play a map like Shoreline 5-6 times and see 1 pmc. It's just not fun then. See it from our side. 

kamikaziking
Posted (edited)

people playing FPS games on wifi and complaining about ping spikes , are these people mentally challenged?? because they sure look like it..

people complaining about high ping, move closer to the servers , not possible ? not our problem .

if your countrys internet is poo its not BSG's problem , if your country cant provide a semi decent 2mbps connection you have more pressing issues as a good FPS ping.

internet speed and connection quality are not mutualy exclusive you can have a 1 mbps connection that is more stable as  a 1 gbps one.....

Edited by kamikaziking
  • Sad 1

superflyjag
9 minutes ago, kamikaziking said:

people playing FPS games on wifi and complaining about ping spikes , are these people mentally challenged?? because they sure look like it..

people complaining about high ping, move closer to the servers , not possible ? not our problem .

if your countrys internet is poo its not BSG's problem , if your country cant provide a semi decent 2mbps connection you have more pressing issues as a good FPS ping.

internet speed and connection quality are not mutualy exclusive you can have a 1 mbps connection that is more stable as  a 1 gbps one.....

Okay, your writing alone tells me that you are not actually educated enough to be making these grand assumptions or even commenting for that matter. Being in a country where we have good fibre connections and are running 200/200 lines with 149ms to EU servers and STILL not being to play on them with EU mates, even when the EU friends confirm our character models aren't even so much as stuttering...you're telling me that's good netcode and totally fair on a game we have all been playing and enjoying up until this point and they just spontaneously decided to change something that was working just fine. Smart. 10/10 logic, sir. You are the dude that gets shat on in Tarkov on a regular basis and blames lag, de-sync or campers. Got it. Let the adults get back to having a conversation about something that's pretty important to us, and you can carry on playing kick free. The fact you are commenting when this probably doesn't apply to you AT ALL baffles me. 

4 hours ago, WhiteWolfLIT said:

This is bullshit Battlestate. I cannot play with my friends overseas. Make a server for people playing internationally or something, free of this dumbass ping kick. 

Preach dude. Literally a month ago we were having an amazing time with all our EU mates. Having the cut-off at 200ms will not ruin ANYTHING for anyone...

• Sad 1

kamikaziking
36 minutes ago, superflyjag said:

im playing on a 18 mbit conection on a 60 year old copper so no man you are the one talking out of your ass , looking up how internet works is a google search a way , if you're too daft you can look a youtube video too.... a 200/200 connection is not a noise free connection necessarilly , alone the fact that you point out that speed = stability proves you talk out of your ass.......

• Sad 1

superflyjag
2 hours ago, kamikaziking said:

im playing on a 18 mbit conection on a 60 year old copper so no man you are the one talking out of your ass , looking up how internet works is a google search a way , if you're too daft you can look a youtube video too.... a 200/200 connection is not a noise free connection necessarilly , alone the fact that you point out that speed = stability proves you talk out of your ass.......

I'm honestly amazed that you can string a sentence together. There is virtually no noise on our connections and I've looked extensively into network and backbone stability, with optimal providers and the way they even route to servers that I want to play on. So, how's about you stop assuming. Like I said, it seems this doesn't even apply to you. If you are playing from an area with 9000km of either NA or EU servers this doesn't affect you in the slightest. :)
So, I'm not entirely sure who rattled your cage or asked you to provide your wealth of knowledge on a thread. I'm glad you can play and enjoy the game with your invisible friends, but for those of us that are affected in the last week when they have changed things how's about you let us have our say like the consumers we are. We aren't asking for impossible poo here. GLHF.

kamikaziking
27 minutes ago, superflyjag said:

your say is the same worth as your insults , if you live in a third world shitehole its not our problem or BSG's like i said in my original post

now go hunt some rats to eat or whatever the shite you eat in your backwater jungle you call home..

• Sad 1

BESK

So all you high pingers think its okay to ruin the experience for us that doesnt have these issues? Since when is high latency a good thing? 

FallenHoot

Tarkov just stated the following:

About ping limits. We understand the struggle of legit players. That's why we can tell you that this limit is not final - it may change in good way or it could get even lower (right now its 155). Also we are adding new servers in intermediate locations and we will make so called variable region based ping locks - it can make things easier. We will keep you updated. @news

I play with a lot of friends overseas. They need to get something fixed.