Jump to content
MAAAAAAAAAAAAST

If you want to play at your refresh rate, look this!

Recommended Posts

MAAAAAAAAAAAAST

Hi guys.

So you have the best settings in the world, i9, 2080.... but your game feel not smooth at all ? there is the ultimate solution for playing Tarkov like Counter-Strike "smooth feeling".

So there is why!

It seems that Tarkov peek your 16:9 HD, Ultra HD or SD. And not your "PC" résolution; so; Tarkov will set the LOWER hertz that your monitor can handle in 1080p Ultra HD. (for ex; 23, 49, 50, 59...etc) while your monitor is 75, 144 or 240. I think its a bug or whatever its called, its just messed up.

So there is the step if you want a smooth experience of the game like any othergame !

STEPS:

1 - Go in your Nvidia Control panel (Sorry for AMD users i don't own it)

2 - Creat a custom resolution like this 1920x1079, put your monitor refresh rate -> Apply.

3 - Go in game, put 1920x1079 as resolution

4 - Enjoy playing Tarkov FINALY without any input lag and at YOUR refresh rate!

I'm pretty sure this working at 100%, but let me know if you have trouble, i will help you out!

 

ENJOY GUYS!

 

PS: DEVS, look into this please, this need to be fixed. People need to play at there refresh rate like any other games.

Love you, and stay home!!!

  • Thanks 2
  • Hot 2
  • Upvote 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
NocturiusHD

Boss post right here! 🤠

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
BrettB

Good find man, 

But why does my .ini file always say 30hz and I get 80fps with freesync on? and with a 100hz monitor?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
MAAAAAAAAAAAAST
Posted (edited)

Hz and FPS is not really the same. Hz is your monitor related. Let say that you will play at 80Fps but feel like 30fps because of this (in your case)

PS: you don't need to touch any .ini files, it will update by itself

Edited by MAAAAAAAAAAAAST

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Nash

I tried this, but the game looks noticeably blurry to me since its not exact native resolution. Nobody else has this problem?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
MAAAAAAAAAAAAST
10 minutes ago, Nash said:

I tried this, but the game looks noticeably blurry to me since its not exact native resolution. Nobody else has this problem?

Normal, you got 1px less than before, also, your graphics settings in game will be reset, watch out to re config it!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Nash

Are you just creating the custom resolution to use in Tarkov, or do you also have to set that as your resolution in the control panel? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
MAAAAAAAAAAAAST
Just now, Nash said:

Are you just creating the custom resolution to use in Tarkov, or do you also have to set that as your resolution in the control panel? 

You need to do it via Control panel, like your desktop resolution.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
TheCh1mera
Posted (edited)

Have to say this is ducking awesome, and worked for me (too bad about the game being fucked now with hackers). You realise how bad the input lag is usually after doing this fix.. 

Also getting the noticeable blurriness of using a non-native resolution. Anyone got a fix? Wonder if creating a custom res by reducing vertical + horizontal pixels proportionately would help. EDIT: This doesn't help. 

Edited by TheCh1mera
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
MAAAAAAAAAAAAST
Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, TheCh1mera said:

Have to say this is ducking awesome, and worked for me (too bad about the game being fucked now with hackers). You realise how bad the input lag is usually after doing this fix.. 

Also getting the noticeable blurriness of using a non-native resolution. Anyone got a fix? Wonder if creating a custom res by reducing vertical + horizontal pixels proportionately would help. 

I don't know if you can optimize it by better resolution or not, sorry.

Yeah, you realise the HUGH difference? hope you will enjoy.

Also, are you in 1080p, 2k, or 4K. If yes just do the same step, if 2560x1440 -> 2560x1439  etc etc

Edited by MAAAAAAAAAAAAST

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ventron
3 hours ago, TheCh1mera said:

Have to say this is ducking awesome, and worked for me (too bad about the game being fucked now with hackers). You realise how bad the input lag is usually after doing this fix.. 

Also getting the noticeable blurriness of using a non-native resolution. Anyone got a fix? Wonder if creating a custom res by reducing vertical + horizontal pixels proportionately would help. EDIT: This doesn't help. 

I tried that aswell, when taking away one pixel from the 1080, I assumed if you took the equal percentage from the 1920 it should be okay, but the same percentage is 1.7 pixels, and either 1 or 2 doesnt do it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
NocturiusHD
4 hours ago, MAAAAAAAAAAAAST said:

Hi guys.

So you have the best settings in the world, i9, 2080.... but your game feel not smooth at all ? there is the ultimate solution for playing Tarkov like Counter-Strike "smooth feeling".

So there is why!

It seems that Tarkov peek your 16:9 HD, Ultra HD or SD. And not your "PC" résolution; so; Tarkov will set the LOWER hertz that your monitor can handle in 1080p Ultra HD. (for ex; 23, 49, 50, 59...etc) while your monitor is 75, 144 or 240. I think its a bug or whatever its called, its just messed up.

So there is the step if you want a smooth experience of the game like any othergame !

STEPS:

1 - Go in your Nvidia Control panel (Sorry for AMD users i don't own it)

2 - Creat a custom resolution like this 1920x1079, put your monitor refresh rate -> Apply.

3 - Go in game, put 1920x1079 as resolution

4 - Enjoy playing Tarkov FINALY without any input lag and at YOUR refresh rate!

I'm pretty sure this working at 100%, but let me know if you have trouble, i will help you out!

 

ENJOY GUYS!

 

PS: DEVS, look into this please, this need to be fixed. People need to play at there refresh rate like any other games.

Love you, and stay home!!!

Well holy ducking poo. Now i can finally enjoy my G-SYNC monitor! This made my game run like SILK! + Better FPS
EVERYONE NEEDS THIS! 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
MAAAAAAAAAAAAST
2 minutes ago, NocturiusHD said:

Well holy ducking poo. Now i can finally enjoy my G-SYNC monitor! This made my game run like SILK! + Better FPS
EVERYONE NEEDS THIS! 

Enjoy !! 😁

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
V-P

Bull poo. You use Optimizer Screen capture on some stream chat and say its yours. So dont even try. How hard is tell the true. 

  • Sad 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
expLex

hi there,

 

just want to thank you, thaught my game was broken and i cant run it (9900k- 2080). After doing your stuff iam back to fluid gaming, and yeah i still got lag/stutter :-D.

regards

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
MAAAAAAAAAAAAST
Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, expLex said:

hi there,

 

just want to thank you, thaught my game was broken and i cant run it (9900k- 2080). After doing your stuff iam back to fluid gaming, and yeah i still got lag/stutter :-D.

regards

Have fun!! Stutter is from the game ... sadly lol

Edited by MAAAAAAAAAAAAST
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
GraeFrog

Wow that escalated quickly 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
StudTrunkMonkey

Can someone who is an AMD Tech person on this topic help with a way to get the very best from AMD.....

I have an AMD RX580, its reasonably smooth but slightly blurry on my 32" curve running FreeSync.....

A few weeks back someone mad e apost regard checking the box for V-SYNC in game to unlock FPS and that worked but

i would love to get more out of the AMD if possible

Thank MAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAST for showing something can be done on the Nvidia side, maybe there is hope for us AMD guys/gals

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
MAAAAAAAAAAAAST
2 hours ago, StudTrunkMonkey said:

Can someone who is an AMD Tech person on this topic help with a way to get the very best from AMD.....

I have an AMD RX580, its reasonably smooth but slightly blurry on my 32" curve running FreeSync.....

A few weeks back someone mad e apost regard checking the box for V-SYNC in game to unlock FPS and that worked but

i would love to get more out of the AMD if possible

Thank MAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAST for showing something can be done on the Nvidia side, maybe there is hope for us AMD guys/gals

I'm so sorry my man, i can't help you out with AMD, but in my theorie, its work like Nvidia, creat a custom rez. Also, are you in 1080p, 2k or 4k. the blurry thing is normal, you got one less pixel, but yea on 32" i think its huge.

If a AMD user can come and maybe found a equal thing for amd users, it will be awesome.

Sorry again :/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
MAAAAAAAAAAAAST
Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, GraeFrog said:

Wow that escalated quickly 

Yea lol just for the "i fOuNd iT iN fIrsT pLaCe, dOnt tAkE cRedIt fRoM oTheRs Ppl" like he is the only one to have a brain and use it.

Most fun fact, it seem to be a "group" of person working on it for this tips.

I found it alone, in one night. lel.

Edited by MAAAAAAAAAAAAST

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
TheCh1mera

Could we all send this as bug report to Devs? Hopefully they can fix the underlying issue without us having to use this workaround fix. 

As I said the fix works well, but will make the game noticeably more blurry as you'll be using a non-native resolution. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
MAAAAAAAAAAAAST
14 hours ago, StudTrunkMonkey said:

Can someone who is an AMD Tech person on this topic help with a way to get the very best from AMD.....

I have an AMD RX580, its reasonably smooth but slightly blurry on my 32" curve running FreeSync.....

A few weeks back someone mad e apost regard checking the box for V-SYNC in game to unlock FPS and that worked but

i would love to get more out of the AMD if possible

Thank MAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAST for showing something can be done on the Nvidia side, maybe there is hope for us AMD guys/gals

AMD USER READ THIS:

So, i work hard hard again with a friend who own AMD and there is the optimal settings he could get to have the same result (Seems need to be -2 on AMD instead of -1 on Nvidia) so : 1920x1078 or 2560x1438 and so on. Hope it will help AMD users.

 

AMD USERS.png

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
MAAAAAAAAAAAAST
Posted (edited)
37 minutes ago, MAAAAAAAAAAAAST said:

AMD USER READ THIS:

So, i work hard hard again with a friend who own AMD and there is the optimal settings he could get to have the same result (Seems need to be -2 on AMD instead of -1 on Nvidia) so : 1920x1078 or 2560x1438 and so on. Hope it will help AMD users.

 

AMD USERS.png

EDIT : THIS SCREENSHOT IS ONLY FOR 1080P, I DON'T KNOW ANY VALUES BELOW FOR 2K OR 4K . SORRY

 

If Someone want to help there is the thing.

Found a Nvidia users who own 2k or 4k. -> Look into information when you creat the resolution. With Nvidia, its AUTO so you don't need to change anything. In AMD everything is on Manual so replace as the value from Nvidia users. (not talking about res, but about Horizontal and vertical things.)

i don't know if i'm clear but there is the things. I work hard as i can to found theses settings, hope EVERYONE can make it.

enjoy.

Edited by MAAAAAAAAAAAAST

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
MAAAAAAAAAAAAST
2 hours ago, TheCh1mera said:

Could we all send this as bug report to Devs? Hopefully they can fix the underlying issue without us having to use this workaround fix. 

As I said the fix works well, but will make the game noticeably more blurry as you'll be using a non-native resolution. 

I agree.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
webbieflow13

Big oof. Thank you very much sir!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...
b38e7c858218a416ef714554dce933a2