Sign in to follow this  
Tbrig525

Really no refunds?

Tbrig525

This game is just not fun IMO. So laggy/buggy, sluggish gameplay. I'm attempting to get a refund after ~30 minutes of gameplay and i'm being denied. What other way would I have to make a decision about this game other than purchasing and trying it out? there's no demo so I went off of gameplay video and reviews online. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

RainmakerM4

Your fault you played yourself. You should have done your research before clicking buy. Let that be a life lesson for you.

On the other hand, I disagree. The game is amazing and nothing matches it to this day, still.

• Like 1
  • Sad 8
  • Upvote 3

Grimm285
8 hours ago, Tbrig525 said:

This game is just not fun IMO. So laggy/buggy, sluggish gameplay. I'm attempting to get a refund after ~30 minutes of gameplay and i'm being denied. What other way would I have to make a decision about this game other than purchasing and trying it out? there's no demo so I went off of gameplay video and reviews online. 

they have a strict no refund policy so it doesnt matter how little you have played.  

they actually do have trial versions of the game, i believe they are 7 days long but not too sure how to get them unless you know someone who already has a code

moses06

I tried to get a refund too, pretty annoying. Offering no refunds is a clear sign of having no confidence in your product. It's kind of like Bethesda creating their own launcher for Fallout 76 to get around Steam's refund policy, and sure enough the game was pure garbage.

Providing refunds should be a requirement in the gaming industry, far too many used car salesmen types in the industry exploit being able to provide junk and never be held accountable for it.

• Upvote 2

Xarc
1 hour ago, moses06 said:

creating their own launcher for Fallout 76 to get around Steam's refund policy

Since when Steam is the god of policies ?

• Upvote 1

kenzomlg

If you really are not happy with your purchase. Your credit card / bank card has a standard 30-day protection policy for situations as these. Simply call up your bank and tell them you aren't happy with the purchase. 

They will let you know what  options you have. 

GL!

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Sneed
19 hours ago, Tbrig525 said:

its still beta, what did you expect?

Game is fantastic imo though, this update they supposedly fixed the stutters

• Sad 1

Hamm

call your bank and have them get involved.

Dickeynation

do you always buy online without reading about product or if you dont like it refund policy or such? well i have part of the brooklynn bridge id like to sell you...

Straafe

Their refund policy is kind of silly/unrealistic. You should have and could have checked that before buying, but at the same time I feel for you. It's easy for everyone to blame you since the refund policy is something you could have looked into, but the truth is the refund policy is bad and unlike pretty much any other video game (or product in general) in this day and age so you can't have all the blame. You may as well give the game another chance because now you're stuck with it.

moses06
17 hours ago, Xarc said:

Since when Steam is the god of policies ?

The point is that if Bethesda released Fallout 76 on Steam, they would have been bound to Steam's refund policy. And if you recall, Fallout 76 had a ton of refund requests the first week of launch (and probably beyond, I stopped paying attention). They had so many refund requests they changed their refund policy after a few days, causing someone to file a class action lawsuit against them.

If they launched on Steam they would have had to honor all of those refund requests. Creating their own launcher is a pretty clear sign they didn't have confidence in 76, and they were right...it's junk.

Tbrig525

I just want to note that it clearly states that I am pre-ordering the game with access to the beta. If the game is technically not complete and hasn't been released in its final version then I should be able to cancel my pre-order and get my money back. I reported this company to the FTC for fraud as I am extremely pissed off.

Tbrig525
On 4/7/2020 at 6:19 PM, RainmakerM4 said:

Your fault you played yourself. You should have done your research before clicking buy. Let that be a life lesson for you.

On the other hand, I disagree. The game is amazing and nothing matches it to this day, still.

Try again bud, full refund via my bank agreeing this is fraud. Life lesson, don't listen to people on the internet who think they can't get their money back.

Capacitygear
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Tbrig525 said:

I just want to note that it clearly states that I am pre-ordering the game with access to the beta. If the game is technically not complete and hasn't been released in its final version then I should be able to cancel my pre-order and get my money back. I reported this company to the FTC for fraud as I am extremely pissed off.

ah the internet, its a strange thing eh?

For instance, the games developer and the system in which is used to buy the game is based in Russia and therefore only needs to adhere to the rule of said country.

Now just because you can purchase this game while being in America doesnt mean it has to adhere to the rules of America, I.E the FTC guidelines.

Its the sermantics of digital purchasing. Can something be sold "IN" America without following FTC rules, NO. But can something be sold "TO" an American from a foreign country that doesn't adhere to their rules, Yes.

Basicly digital content is always seen as an etherial object with no real presance as a product, the rules only apply to the retailer and the country in which it resides. Which is why steam and alike offer refunds, its the point of sale that determins everything

Edited by Capacitygear

RainmakerM4
Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, Tbrig525 said:

Try again bud, full refund via my bank agreeing this is fraud. Life lesson, don't listen to people on the internet who think they can't get their money back.

Sounds to me you've learned your lesson. Next time you will do your research before you throw your hard earned money away.

Edited by RainmakerM4