jay_x

Kicked because of high ping

jay_x

Hello,

the game is unplayable for me right now. I get kicked out of the server every 60 seconds with a ping of 300. I couldn't even play one proper raid, i just lost gear round after round. Everthing was fine yesterday. I don't have a bad internet connection, i don't play with wifi. My internet works fine but the all the Tarkov server show up with high pings in my server list. I live in germany. See the screenshots attached. 

Unbenannt-1.jpg

Unbenannt-2.jpg

• Upvote 2

Tenderkaj

Weird ping, but that you shouldn't be able to play with 300ms of ping is totally correct.

I don't understand why your internet tests' and the launcher's ping metrics are so different though.

spaghettigod

I came here specifically to make this topic as well. I have never posted to the forums before, but I feel that someone somewhere should see that there are people who are negatively effected by the new change that they have recently made. If no one speaks up, they will leave it the way it is and I won't be able to play the game again until I get consistent internet in some way, which could take me years. 

I say consistent and not "better" because I have normal stats. I have been able to enjoy the game for well over 500 hours and I've been a dedicated player since the beginning of this wipe. My internet is not the problem, I suppose you could say the only truly bad thing about my internet is that it has regular lag spikes. I live with it, I play with it, I got over it and I still have regular stats just like any other player. 

With the rise in popularity of EFT, I can only imagine how many other people also are in this same position. Not "bad" internet just internet that has a short lag spike every 5-6 minutes. I hope that the developers watch the player count closely. I guarantee that they will see a decrease in regular players due to this change. 

I just got out of a Shoreline raid where I disconnected 6 times, it's a miracle that no one came across me and killed me while I was disconnected. I spent half of the raid timer loading the game, over and over again. For a dedicated player, imagine how frustrating it is for your favorite game to suddenly become completely unplayable just because you don't have a perfect connection? This isn't fair, a buddy of mine spent his hard earned cash to gift this game to me for my birthday way back when and now we can't play it together anymore because of this change. I know, it's in testing. We must give it time, changes will be made, it was outlined to everyone at the beginning. This, I understand. I just hope that I can play again eventually, but until the change is reversed or until I have a more perfect connection, I will have to play other games and set this one down because it is now completely unplayable. 

spacer.png

• Upvote 2

Foster317

I am having this same problem. I just upgraded to EoD this weekend too since the sale, I only have 24 or so hours into this game too really bummed about this. I dont even want to try playing if i know ill get kicked every couple minutes. i'm so addicted to playing right now.

spaghettigod
4 minutes ago, Foster317 said:

I am having this same problem. I just upgraded to EoD this weekend too since the sale, I only have 24 or so hours into this game too really bummed about this. I dont even want to try playing if i know ill get kicked every couple minutes. i'm so addicted to playing right now.

I looked into a previous thread on this and there were people actually applauding the fact that people like us couldn't connect to the game. Their main reasoning was "if you play with a high ping, or an unstable connection, you're a ping abuser and on par with a cheater" it comes off as very pretentious, insensitive and privileged. Due to the fact that there are a lot of people who enjoy the game who live in areas with bad providers or in out-of-the-way countries. Personally, I live in a rural area and our provider isn't very good. My family doesn't have any other choice but to use the provider we have available to us. I'm essentially being punished and thrown out of the game for not living in the right place for better internet, I guess. 

Have they ever considered that not everyone has the best internet, or enough money for the best internet? Some people are poor or just lucky to have internet in the first place. If you live out in a rural area or have the wrong provider, I guess you just can't play Tarkov now? Why would they want to limit the number of people who can play their game? Wouldn't they want as many people as is possible buying their game and recommending it to other people?

I've never had an advantage from having a high ping. All I've ever seen from it is disadvantage and loss's. I've ran into plenty of skilled players and it never stopped them from laser beaming me in the forehead. I die just as much as my friends, my inconsistent connection has never saved me as far as I know. It sounds like they just want to make excuses for being bad at the game, makes sense cause the game can be pretty brutal at times. I don't think that the jury is out on whether or not high ping is truly an advantage in a firefight. Sometimes you get killed when you think you're in cover but you're not actually in cover, it seems like some players are just thinking about it from one single perspective and not considering the other side because they are use to having such good internet. 

If they had to play with bad internet they would see just how wrong they really are about it being an "advantage". 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Xarc

Don't use a shitty ISP or give up to VPN to play.

Judge by yourself my results.

2035709519_2020-04-0805_07_04-Matchingconfiguration.thumb.png.a32d5a72024eef063d75ab2152cfc21a.png

This is made inside my network.

1422440674_2020-04-0805_10_30-SpeedtestbyOokla-digi.png.269d25f51bdf9aea8ea79090520ab88a.png

The rest is approximately around the servers

1284367458_2020-04-0805_12_57-SpeedtestbyOokla-Warsaw.png.68988d9c6a2c26a319bad1a0307185a7.png

1117203074_2020-04-0805_14_28-SpeedtestbyOokla-Strasbourg.png.73927cee313599bc08efcd448930cd56.png

1547098537_2020-04-0805_17_10-SpeedtestbyOokla-Frankfurt.png.fb29517f1e22ccfc06a218c2514875e5.png

384503312_2020-04-0805_19_07-SpeedtestbyOokla-TheGlobalBroadbandSpeedTest.png.d39ff6ccae59ef75ec93f89fb327e426.png

896365277_2020-04-0805_19_25-SpeedtestbyOokla-London.png.218ee0b1ef7d5dfa61bdfd7c4f110baf.png

1484809836_2020-04-0805_20_45-SpeedtestbyOokla-Helsinki.png.1f96cf1811c6c79ea4f6c60204ebbb44.png

2017884882_2020-04-0805_22_02-SpeedtestbyOokla-Madrid.png.bf476c6411e5c1d9bd1f5ee083fde26a.png

1046597756_2020-04-0805_27_58-SpeedtestbyOokla-Netherlands-Apeldoorn.png.b32a0534621bbf82b3123cda2b8857c4.png

1985844258_2020-04-0805_29_22-SpeedtestbyOokla-Milan.png.e20bd91bbc922c507da54c0a6e3dc71f.png

840130635_2020-04-0805_31_06-SpeedtestbyOokla-Turkey-Ankara.png.7eb8b6f191a1adbe5c5b3b0f31bd3ebc.png

1647842091_2020-04-0805_33_17-SpeedtestbyOokla-TheGlobalBroadbandSpeedTest.png.5f4b7b62dd1715b69d9c9d027cc89249.png

588498740_2020-04-0805_33_37-SpeedtestbyOokla-TelAviv.png.7ec2b73609645c1a382dd7b09d894f15.png

804870835_2020-04-0805_35_33-SpeedtestbyOokla-Moscow.png.01dd3607f38a0fb99406502ed49140b7.png

1402731434_2020-04-0805_37_16-SpeedtestbyOokla-Miami.png.07bc3a3a8ae2f204726f814790d919b5.png

414902630_2020-04-0805_39_09-SpeedtestbyOokla-Beauharnois.png.6b2d5e5f025aa316e3568b25b9c9d50d.png

732778295_2020-04-0805_40_50-SpeedtestbyOokla-Washington.png.2b9016eb96eda8644e3c389bb70f9c81.png

1266696840_2020-04-0805_42_21-SpeedtestbyOokla-Chicago.png.ffc57374ce671005530cb1930ab6e2d3.png

772856399_2020-04-0805_43_39-SpeedtestbyOokla-Dallas.png.b7b702c02b87d815b473a2ee32946442.png

• Sad 2

jay_x
Posted (edited)

@Xarc

I don't have a shitty ISP. I am a CGI artist and video cutter and i handle big loads of data everyday with my 500k-900k connection. It is a EFT sided problem. Every other service, website and game worked fine yesterday.

It worked yesterday, 3 hours after my post. But now it is back again.

Edited by jay_x

Xarc

@jay_x I think quantity is not always reflected in quality.

Maybe you have some applications in the background which are using your connection.

p30pl3h4t3m3

just one more suggestion: somewhere is a bottleneck between your isp & eft servers. could be several reasons, one (and mostly) maybe your isp have bad peering contracts with others on your connection route. or your isp backbone is under pressure sometimes... yada yada yada.

this is a sign if it happen more than once...

vor 49 Minuten schrieb jay_x:

It worked yesterday, 3 hours after my post. But now it is back again.

soviel zur netzneutraliät 😉

even in covid shutdown times, most of internet infrastructures can handle the abnormal traffic atm. maybe your just unlucky at specific times and you connection get alternate routes which leads to higher pings.

one way to check this, would be simple tracing and see how your hops are... and you will find the bottleneck.

jay_x
Posted (edited)

It is still there, but as soon as the clock hits 23:30, it's gone.

It was like this 2 days in a row now, and I'm waiting again to play right now. I am pretty sure I can play in about one hour.

Like always: Every other service, game or website works fine. And this bug occurs since the last patches with the high ping kick poo.

Edited by jay_x

p30pl3h4t3m3
Posted (edited)
vor 7 Stunden schrieb jay_x:

It is still there, but as soon as the clock hits 23:30, it's gone.

It was like this 2 days in a row now, and I'm waiting again to play right now. I am pretty sure I can play in about one hour.

Like always: Every other service, game or website works fine. And this bug occurs since the last patches with the high ping kick poo.

does it always happen @ 23:30 ? cause some isp use reduction measures @ high traffic times. just one more possibility and i could count it on and on, but don't want to bore with (technical) details. simple version, cause world decide to use asynchrony signal technology (costefficiency compare to full digital signal), it's like the traffic in real life. sometimes you have clear road, sometimes traffic jam. depending on your region and available isp proposals, if this state doesn't shift (maybe it's just temporary cause of different technical reasons) i would think about changing the isp. maybe contact your isp and illustrate your problem. in most cases it is talking against a wall (cause you have internet connection and single applications are not isp problems), maybe you are lucky and they listen. sry a lot of maybes...

personally i would just wait and see if any improvements happen, because a lot of stuff happens in the background and the internet infrastructure is monitored and updated all the time. only earth orbit is more observed cause of spacetrash and satellites ...

if nothing happen in near future, change isp and hope for improvement. don't believe it's a (technical) problem from your side.

your routing would be interesting, i could remember in the past (a long time ago) my isp @ that time route me over 3 different ways, and depending on which route i get, i just restart my router over and over until i get the shortest/fastest one. but that's really not a solution in the long run.

well that's it, nothing more to say from far away. good luck.

eidt:

vor 7 Stunden schrieb jay_x:

Sorry is late, brain doesn't work how it should...

And again.. patch problem ? maybe ? 😉

Edited by p30pl3h4t3m3

Scrotorb

I am being kicked from every match now, I used to be fine. My testing shows I shouldn't have such a high ping, and even if I do the system for kicking high ping players is broken atm. I can't play because of it. I live 400km from the server I use and should have <20 ping but currently matches are going from 300 to 900 and I am booted from all of them.

jay_x

It is always starting around 20-21 and it usually ends around 23-00. I am waiting to play again right now. 4 days in a row now.

Kornden

I also cannot play because of the new change. I have never abused high ping, if anything it has been a detriment. It has been difficult to play but I still enjoyed the game when I could play it smoothly. Now I can't play it at all. I have tried on 2 different connections at multiple times during the day to no avail. I really hope they fix this.

tSoG

Literally unplayable for me. I'll admit that my connection is not the best, but I'm able to play anything else with sub 100ms latency. I enter match, and suddenly it spikes above 1000 and bye bye all of my gear. I've had a handful of successful games compared to latency induced deaths. I can't even use my PMC because I've lost every gun I looted to this garbage. 

added irony: when trying to report a bug, THE ducking SERVER TIMED OUT. 

THELORDNIK0N

Are you guys able to choose a server manually? I can't even do that. I'm afraid my game is automatically selecting a higher ping server.

jay_x
Posted (edited)

No, i still have this bug. Everyday from 20 to 24 o clock i am not able to play because i got a high ping on all servers. The tickboxes are grayed out for that 4 hour time period so i can't choose a server manually.

Edited by jay_x

Xarc
23 minutes ago, jay_x said:

No, i still have this bug. Everyday from 20 to 24 o clock i am not able to play because i got a high ping on all servers. The tickboxes are grayed out for that 4 hour time period so i can't choose a server manually.

I don't think it's a bug. Are you able to play the game outside of this time period(20 to 24) ?

jay_x
Posted (edited)
vor 24 Minuten schrieb Xarc:

I don't think it's a bug. Are you able to play the game outside of this time period(20 to 24) ?

Yes i can without problems with a ping of 15-30. I don't know what it is but it occurs daily in time 20-24 since the last major patch where they implemented that high ping kick system. I swear to god EVERYDAY 20-24! Before and after that i am able to play as i said. The only solution the support had was to use my phone as internet source and it works. But only because i have a 60 GB mobile plan, luckily.

Edited by jay_x

EdgarHighman

https://forum.escapefromtarkov.com/topic/126986-cannot-select-server-auto-select-kicks-due-to-high-ping/

Same issues. Nikita is flawed. I originally had all US Servers selected, rarely an issue. My friend asked me to choose a specific server and Voila! I am ultimately fucked. It forced me to Auto select since then and will not let me choose USA servers. These Auto shivers, i mean servers have higher ping and kick me repeatedly in a game. This is a GAME flaw. Don't bash people's internet, they may not have as many options as you. You overprivelidged shits.

Xarc
Posted (edited)

@EdgarHighman You don't have the same problem as jay_x .

He can play without problems but not between 20:00-00:00 where his ISP I guess is throttling his connection.

Edited by Xarc

tSoG

time is irrelevant for me, 2pm, or 2am, my internet is fine, tethering my cellphone nets the same problem. sub100ms load in, and then 1500ms once in game. 95% of my games end up dead by lagout, or dead by player/scav while lagging. literally no other game is causing me grief.  

jay_x

i found the problem but no solution, it is a problem related to ipv6 and ipv4 addresses

tobiassolem

This is an ISP-related issue, and with routing to the game servers. And thusly very hard for BSG to do anything about, as they use data-centers and server providers that "are where they are".

Just because you have high bandwidth to one part of the world, doesn't mean that you do it to the rest. Poor routing led through severe bottle-necks will increase your ping by a lot (as is evident by OP data).

Shaktimaan

@jay_x

Alright, I have a couple of questions for you and I'm interested in solving this problem.

1) In which country do you live?

2) Can you give me some detailed information about your internet connection and your ISP in general? Like do you have a leased line or is it a broadband line? Is the IP configuration static or dynamic? Etc.

3) Do you use a VPN connection to play the game?

To me, it looks like a routing issue. Depending on your ISP, it should be fixable by just giving them a call. They will ask you to provide some sort of trace routes to them and their technical team will fix it for you. In most cases though, the customer support idiots will just ask you to "restart your modem" 1000000 times in a row.

Sometimes though, the routing issue might arise because of a node problem in the usual traffic route. Sometimes fibre optic cables are damaged and sometimes the nodes are shut down because of maintenance. The routing usually goes haywire if something like this happens. At that point it's hard for your ISP to solve the problem if the routing issue isn't internal to your ISP's subnet and it also depends on the peering agreements between your ISP and all other ISP's.

Packet scheduling also might be a problem depending on what router you use or if there are any background applications which constantly force your OS to schedule those packets alternately between applications.

And last but not least, do you happen to play on a wifi connection? Wifi connections are notorious for being extremely unreliable for gaming in general. Nothing beats a wired connection when it comes to anything related to networking.