Kicked because of high ping

jay_x

On 5/14/2020 at 1:59 PM, Shaktimaan said:

@jay_x

Alright, I have a couple of questions for you and I'm interested in solving this problem.

1) In which country do you live?

2) Can you give me some detailed information about your internet connection and your ISP in general? Like do you have a leased line or is it a broadband line? Is the IP configuration static or dynamic? Etc.

3) Do you use a VPN connection to play the game?

To me, it looks like a routing issue. Depending on your ISP, it should be fixable by just giving them a call. They will ask you to provide some sort of trace routes to them and their technical team will fix it for you. In most cases though, the customer support idiots will just ask you to "restart your modem" 1000000 times in a row.

Sometimes though, the routing issue might arise because of a node problem in the usual traffic route. Sometimes fibre optic cables are damaged and sometimes the nodes are shut down because of maintenance. The routing usually goes haywire if something like this happens. At that point it's hard for your ISP to solve the problem if the routing issue isn't internal to your ISP's subnet and it also depends on the peering agreements between your ISP and all other ISP's.

Packet scheduling also might be a problem depending on what router you use or if there are any background applications which constantly force your OS to schedule those packets alternately between applications.

And last but not least, do you happen to play on a wifi connection? Wifi connections are notorious for being extremely unreliable for gaming in general. Nothing beats a wired connection when it comes to anything related to networking.

1.I live in Romania 

2.So i don't really know cause am not Romanian i got here couple months ago but as far as i can tell i have fiber internet with Orange i use static ip configuration ( i tried both static and dynamic my ping still sucks and as a plus tried static and dynamic on other and they had the exact same ping no issues so that's defiantly not the problem 

3. nope no vpn 

tried the turning off the router and all nothing .

no background applications use my internet or cpu or ram for that matter, am aware of what applications i use and usually when i game i close everything even if my internet or pc is capable of handling other apps apart from the game .

nope i use wired connection i hate wifi .

I really hope someone can help cause its a shame i love the game (my internet is very good  as far as i know this is the first time i had remotely any issues and i played multiple online games before eft they all had less than 50 ms ) but unfortunately Lord nikita hates me  

@ukly0

Seems like a routing issue.

Try to take a traceroute by getting the desired server's IP address from Wireshark. It should definitely tell you more about the problem.

You can easily google on how to use Wireshark for getting the IP address of the server.

I can't because I live in Asia and it's currently under a regionlock so I cannot access any other servers (or even see them in the server selection list) and obtain the IP address for you. You look like a tech savvy person and I think you can handle it.

If you're having any trouble, you can always DM me and I'll help you.

I'd also suggest you contact your ISP, but generally the service in second/third world countries is bad to say the least atleast in my experience 😃. I live in India and that place is a sh**hole for anything even remotely related to computers. I have no idea about the service people get in Romania though so your mileage may vary.

• Like 1

On 4/7/2020 at 11:43 PM, spaghettigod said:

I came here specifically to make this topic as well. I have never posted to the forums before, but I feel that someone somewhere should see that there are people who are negatively effected by the new change that they have recently made. If no one speaks up, they will leave it the way it is and I won't be able to play the game again until I get consistent internet in some way, which could take me years. 

I say consistent and not "better" because I have normal stats. I have been able to enjoy the game for well over 500 hours and I've been a dedicated player since the beginning of this wipe. My internet is not the problem, I suppose you could say the only truly bad thing about my internet is that it has regular lag spikes. I live with it, I play with it, I got over it and I still have regular stats just like any other player. 

With the rise in popularity of EFT, I can only imagine how many other people also are in this same position. Not "bad" internet just internet that has a short lag spike every 5-6 minutes. I hope that the developers watch the player count closely. I guarantee that they will see a decrease in regular players due to this change. 

I just got out of a Shoreline raid where I disconnected 6 times, it's a miracle that no one came across me and killed me while I was disconnected. I spent half of the raid timer loading the game, over and over again. For a dedicated player, imagine how frustrating it is for your favorite game to suddenly become completely unplayable just because you don't have a perfect connection? This isn't fair, a buddy of mine spent his hard earned cash to gift this game to me for my birthday way back when and now we can't play it together anymore because of this change. I know, it's in testing. We must give it time, changes will be made, it was outlined to everyone at the beginning. This, I understand. I just hope that I can play again eventually, but until the change is reversed or until I have a more perfect connection, I will have to play other games and set this one down because it is now completely unplayable. 

spacer.png

Being another play with near 700 hours in game, this needs to be seen. I think this is the situation that most of us having problems are in now. 

Our ping isn't a constant 400, we have generally good ping. Mine is usually 60-90, but many of us get these lag spikes every now and then in our internet that take us to the 250 mark just long enough to get kicked multiple times in raids, effectively making it unplayable.

We love this game and want to keep playing and supporting the devs and community, but we're in such a difficult position in that we can no longer enjoy it, because we can't play it.

The most annoying thing I've experienced about this issue is the huge number of people on the forums that basically tell us "GG, go play something else, you're on par with hackers, cheaters and exploiters." We're just people that want to enjoy this game like we used to.

I really feel like this has been going on for too long now, and without a proper answer or any updates from the devs on if they're looking into it or planning on changing the feature.

I just want to play tarkov.

• Upvote 1

Same here, 

Its unplayable for me right now

Im from Brazil and we have SAM server (São Paulo Server) and sometimes i play in USA Server were my ping is beetween 190-210 and i always get kicked for high ping, lost all my interest in playing the game after this update.

Same message always

Server Connection.PNG

• Upvote 1

I’ve recently been getting high ping and keep Disconnecting with a friend I play with from the US, we’ve never had this problem before and it’s starting to get irritating 

• Upvote 1

Ive recently been getting disconnected from games with a friend I play with from the US,I live in the UK and we’ve never had this issue but it’s only just started since the wipe.

also we always get high ping is there a fix for this issue or not

• Upvote 1

Im also having this issue every raid and it only started a couple of days ago.  I get the issue in both scav and pmc runs and I dont understand why it is happening.  Never had the issue before and my internet is not the issue.  Any devs got any suggestions or are you currently looking at this for fixing?

• Upvote 1

On 6/2/2020 at 8:21 PM, Forby said:

Being another play with near 700 hours in game, this needs to be seen. I think this is the situation that most of us having problems are in now. 

Our ping isn't a constant 400, we have generally good ping. Mine is usually 60-90, but many of us get these lag spikes every now and then in our internet that take us to the 250 mark just long enough to get kicked multiple times in raids, effectively making it unplayable.

We love this game and want to keep playing and supporting the devs and community, but we're in such a difficult position in that we can no longer enjoy it, because we can't play it.

The most annoying thing I've experienced about this issue is the huge number of people on the forums that basically tell us "GG, go play something else, you're on par with hackers, cheaters and exploiters." We're just people that want to enjoy this game like we used to.

I really feel like this has been going on for too long now, and without a proper answer or any updates from the devs on if they're looking into it or planning on changing the feature.

I just want to play tarkov.

Thanks for pointing this out. 100% AGREE with this statement. I have the same problem over and over of being kicked in almost every game I launch. I have a totally fine connection 50Mbps and ping test google give me a 10 ms ~....... My internet is SUPER FINE.

This is completely unplayable at the moment.... . Issue is still not fixed since the last update yesterday (june 10)

Copy of bug report 

Intermittent high ping  disconnection  problems since the 12.6 upgrade. The problem is not at my end and it is not my service providers problem either. I have tried  Tarkov from my friends house on his internet and on my phones hotspot. All with exactly the same problem. My son who does not live with me is having the same problem. Also since the 12.6 upgrade. I have tested my other games when I have not been able to play Tarkov (Deadside etc etc) and they have all played perfectly. I accept that the game is in beta at the moment, but when I fork out over £100.00 pounds for a game I expect to at least be able to play it. I have been monitoring this ongoing problem on the internet chat rooms and the are many people complaining about the same thing. I have read that you guys have put a cap on the pings to stop cheaters. Well you have stopped a great many (now very unhappy) people that don’t cheat to. Please get the problem sorted ASAP as its not a game changer. Its a game stopper. If you have no intention of fixing the problem you have coursed, I will be seeking compensation. As will a great many others I would guess.

Yours

A very disgruntled player (when its working).

• 1 month later...

Since yesterday i get massive lag hits - runing with friend so he was quite annoyed by this bug?!

im playing on servers with 10-40ping with 10-20 ping spikes maks

and yesterday? i see 70ping - ok thats fine, 80 - ok fine, 150 - hmm 1500 -hmmmmm 2500 ------- ???? 4000 -?!?!?!?! and like that till today, my isp is fine, 25Mb download 1m+ upload like allways everything else is playing fine, but tarkov?

keep getting disconnected like 10 times in game, loosing about 80% oof time to reconnect and not to loose loot, lucky friend can shot my head and hide it but if it keeps up, tarkov dies 

guessing it might be port problems? or game server side issues or some coding? :?

Edited by Pestek

• 1 month later...

Hi guys,

Do you see this issue still? I started getting that problem like 2-3 weeks ago and still cannot play even if other games work perfectly.

Edited by Braveshock

• 1 month later...

Hi, I'm having a ping problem from a couple of weeks ago, the case that randomly in some games and only in the loading screen of the raid, my ping goes up to 800 approximately, and of course when I go out to game at The 20 or 30 seconds kick me out of the game, I reconnect the game and by magic the high pingo mark no longer appears and I can play, it does not always happen and only stops for a couple of minutes as soon as it starts to load information server and starting, and it doesn't stop in all games, I've been playing for more than 5 months and pinging has always worked quite well, but this has happened to me for a couple of weeks. Any suggestion? It only happens at the start of the game, it never happens to me in the middle of the game or at the end, it only happens on the loading screen, my internet is fine, so when my PMC appears I have to run to hide because a few seconds later I They kick from the game, I reconnect and it works perfect again, does someone else happen?

Edited by ravewaas
falta texto

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 4/7/2020 at 7:43 PM, spaghettigod said:

I came here specifically to make this topic as well. I have never posted to the forums before, but I feel that someone somewhere should see that there are people who are negatively effected by the new change that they have recently made. If no one speaks up, they will leave it the way it is and I won't be able to play the game again until I get consistent internet in some way, which could take me years. 

I say consistent and not "better" because I have normal stats. I have been able to enjoy the game for well over 500 hours and I've been a dedicated player since the beginning of this wipe. My internet is not the problem, I suppose you could say the only truly bad thing about my internet is that it has regular lag spikes. I live with it, I play with it, I got over it and I still have regular stats just like any other player. 

With the rise in popularity of EFT, I can only imagine how many other people also are in this same position. Not "bad" internet just internet that has a short lag spike every 5-6 minutes. I hope that the developers watch the player count closely. I guarantee that they will see a decrease in regular players due to this change. 

I just got out of a Shoreline raid where I disconnected 6 times, it's a miracle that no one came across me and killed me while I was disconnected. I spent half of the raid timer loading the game, over and over again. For a dedicated player, imagine how frustrating it is for your favorite game to suddenly become completely unplayable just because you don't have a perfect connection? This isn't fair, a buddy of mine spent his hard earned cash to gift this game to me for my birthday way back when and now we can't play it together anymore because of this change. I know, it's in testing. We must give it time, changes will be made, it was outlined to everyone at the beginning. This, I understand. I just hope that I can play again eventually, but until the change is reversed or until I have a more perfect connection, I will have to play other games and set this one down because it is now completely unplayable. 

spacer.png

i feel like i wrote this myself!

• 4 weeks later...
14.05.2020 в 21:52, tobiassolem сказал:

This is an ISP-related issue, and with routing to the game servers. And thusly very hard for BSG to do anything about, as they use data-centers and server providers that "are where they are".

Just because you have high bandwidth to one part of the world, doesn't mean that you do it to the rest. Poor routing led through severe bottle-necks will increase your ping by a lot (as is evident by OP data).

I would love to have official information. My internet provider requests to ping server that is causing the issue but I have nothing to ping. The server I am connected to while playing is simly a port that doesn't answer requests.

• 6 months later...
On 5/15/2020 at 12:22 AM, tobiassolem said:

This is an ISP-related issue, and with routing to the game servers. And thusly very hard for BSG to do anything about, as they use data-centers and server providers that "are where they are".

Just because you have high bandwidth to one part of the world, doesn't mean that you do it to the rest. Poor routing led through severe bottle-necks will increase your ping by a lot (as is evident by OP data).

hello there my isp is good and i played on your servers with same ping for 2 months ,as you pushed the latest update the ping issues have arised 
Is that a problem from my isp that you guys pushed a update and fcked the routing and now you guys are blaming the isp coz you cant resolve your fcking mistake ,shame on you guys

• 3 weeks later...

I live in Australia, and I'm having a similar issue; ~20 ping most of the time, but sometimes I have a constant 180 ping or so when connecting to Australian servers, causing kicks. I'm using TPG as an ISP.

I have to play on Singapore servers (~100 ping) to able to play consistently without being kicked, routing to Singapore servers seems to be fine.

Really sucks to be forced to play on high-ping servers to play the game without having to roll the dice on losing all my stuff, I want to ask friends to buy the game but I don't want to recommend the game to someone if they are going to have the same issue.

I guess I have a similar story but it little different. Im not sure if it is consistent but I had the same problem where I had like 100 - 200 ms and I would get kicked every minute. But so far It seems that this only happens in the evenings, because I got home earlier and it was completely fine and then the after a few minutes in the evening It was impossible for me to play. hopefully this is just a coincidence.