Hazy95

No directional/surround sound

Hazy95
Posted (edited)

Hey im wanting to jump back into the game first 2 raids back my sound has been weird. I cant hear the direction of people running or shooting, First raid i only survived because a bloke opened a safe and there was only one near me that was my first hint that the sound was off. Secondly my mate died like 5 metres to my left. i heard the gunshots but not from the bloke that shot him (i just happened to spot the shooter standing up). I later died that raid because i was hiding in a bush listening to someone getting repeatedly shot and his PMC crying out. Then i hear a bush rustle and he lays me out in the same bush im in from behind.

Is this a game thing atm, or something to do with my headset (arctis 7). Same one ive had for years. All my drivers are up to date
EDIT: My directional sound works in games like COD.

Thanks in advance

Edited by Hazy95

GassperUK

Silly thing to recommend but make sure your headphones are on the right way around lol... I've met so many players that thought their sound was fucked but it was just their headphones on the wrong way! 

However the actual sound in game atm isn't 10/10 I do agree with you, it can sometimes be off putting and misleading but not to the extent that you have mentioned above, for me anyway! Hope you get it sorted out mate :)

Grimm285
40 minutes ago, Hazy95 said:

Hey im wanting to jump back into the game first 2 raids back my sound has been weird. I cant hear the direction of people running or shooting, First raid i only survived because a bloke opened a safe and there was only one near me that was my first hint that the sound was off. Secondly my mate died like 5 metres to my left. i heard the gunshots but not from the bloke that shot him (i just happened to spot the shooter standing up). I later died that raid because i was hiding in a bush listening to someone getting repeatedly shot and his PMC crying out. Then i hear a bush rustle and he lays me out in the same bush im in from behind.

Is this a game thing atm, or something to do with my headset (arctis 7). Same one ive had for years. All my drivers are up to date
EDIT: My directional sound works in games like COD.

Thanks in advance

yea supposedly with the next big update or possibly the next wipe we are going to get a large sound update.  Last wipe was migrating the game engine to the new engine, and then this next big update should be a full revamp of sound design.  Not confirmed its coming next but they do have a full new system they are implementing, someone more knowledgeable then me might know because it does have a specific name for the sound system they are putting in game eventually 

Hazy95
Posted (edited)
21 hours ago, GassperUK said:

Silly thing to recommend but make sure your headphones are on the right way around lol... I've met so many players that thought their sound was fucked but it was just their headphones on the wrong way!

hahaha honestly wish that was the case easy fix.

Edited by Hazy95
Correct my comment

Osirium
3 hours ago, Hazy95 said:

hahaha honestly wish that was the case easy fix.

I've noticed the same until a friend of mine by chance forgot to activate the dolby surround and the directional sound was way better in Stereo.

After that I tested and at least for me, when in stereo I can pinpoint enemies much better than with Dolby. Might be worth giving it a shot.

Subw00er

yes this game is stereo only, so turn dolby off, but its still really bad.