LickLawn

New patch causing game connection issues

LickLawn

After installing the new patch I can't play a game without loosing server connection in-raid. Can somebody advise?

System specs:

GPU:

Radeon RX 580

CPU:

AMD Ryzen 5 1600 Six-Core

16GB of RAM

NoJoyBoy
Posted (edited)

Same here. Every raid I enter I get to play around 1-2 minutes (if I'm lucky) until the screen blacks out and gives me the "Server connection lost" message. I feel like I should mention that the ping number in the top right corner does not show up before I lose connection, so I'm not sure if this has anything to do with the ping kick. I had the servers with the lowest ping selected before the latest patch and I've been playing with no issues until last night. I have also tried letting the game select the servers automatically, selecting only the two lowest ping servers available to me (under 70) and deleting the files in the cache folder, but to no avail. I can currently not play at all.

My specs are similar to yours, by the way:

GPU - Radeon RX 590

CPU - AMD Ryzen 5 2600X

RAM - 16GB

I think it's just a coincidence though. Hope this gets fixed soon or at least I hope we can get some clarity.

Capture.PNG

Edited by NoJoyBoy

alekspl97

I got the same issue. Let me know if there is a way to resolve this.

• Like 1

CaptainC0w

Same, today multiple games I'm losing server connection.

internet is Ethernet at like 94mbps

Rig:

GPU - Radeon RX 580

CPU - AMD Ryzen 5 2600X

RAM - 16GB

• Like 1

Tushiku

Same. After patching I got random disconnection between 30-40secs. I got normal internet connection. I chose a good ping server.

Screenshot_22.jpg

Zeerios
On 4/9/2020 at 10:43 AM, NoJoyBoy said:

Capture.PNG

Holy shhh.. You guys really play this game with those pings. damn, no wonder ppl are teleporting etc. and everybody is seen as a hacker 🤦‍♂️

• Sad 1

CaptainC0w
1 hour ago, Zeerios said:

Holy shhh.. You guys really play this game with those pings. damn, no wonder ppl are teleporting etc. and everybody is seen as a hacker 🤦‍♂️

He only has the servers with low-med pings (65-68) selected.

• Upvote 1

Alex032776

Also getting constant disconnects with latest patch. Also happening to other people I run with. We all only have 1 server (OCE) selected.

Game is actually unplayable when I get into a raid, run 50m then get disconnected.

Zeerios
2 hours ago, CaptainC0w said:

He only has the servers with low-med pings (65-68) selected.

Thats my point. My selected servers are 5-30ping 5 of them

ContinuitySR

I have been having some Bluescreen fun recnetly

Ryzon 5 3600X

16Gb Mem

AMD 5700XT

Zeerios
1 minute ago, ContinuitySR said:

I have been having some Bluescreen fun recnetly

Ryzon 5 3600X

16Gb Mem

AMD 5700XT

Bluescreen has nothing to do with the game. so move on and fix your windows/hardware

ContinuitySR
Just now, Zeerios said:

Bluescreen has nothing to do with the game. so move on and fix your windows/hardware

I also get CTD's in the game, and the unity errors. 

Every other app or game i run doesn't cause CTD's or bluescreens. most of the time my machine is sat at 100% Cpu and 100% GFX utilization when running Folding at home.

To be clear, ANY application can cause a blue screen, for instance, if it was to attempt to access memory outside of its bounds, due to a buffer overflow error.  Or a memory leak leading to an OOM and not being able to swap, so please dont make wide sweeping statements that are factually incorrect.

If on the other hand you are implying that most BSOD are due to hardware/temp issues, then yes i would agree, but it should never be ruled out.

sYs

while playing try to

run ping google.com -t

and see if your connection in the moment of disconnect is not bad. 

Good internet is quality of connection not speed. 

CaptainC0w
12 hours ago, Zeerios said:

Thats my point. My selected servers are 5-30ping 5 of them

Nice, I'm jealous! In the APAC region, I only have Sydney that's 5-30.

superstyln

yep dc when geared and come back dead. sweet. how is this game so good but so poo at the same time?

ukALex93
20 hours ago, Zeerios said:

Well blue screen errors can be caused by corrupted files, so it potentially could have something to do with the game files. People like you always post dismissive comments, when you actually know quite little about the subject. Also for reference, a ping of 60ish is still low. Certainly low enough to play games lmao.

• Like 1

Ando79
Posted (edited)

I can approve this problem, too. 

The last 3-4 days I don´t wanna be in raid with my PMC anymore. I lost my complete gear 6-7 times due to this "server connection lost"- issues. I spawn in raid and after walking around about 5-10minutes I get disconnected every single time. I always hope to get to the exfil point, before getting disconnected again.

I hadn´t any problems playing Tarkov the whole last month. But since one of the latest updates, I can´t play a single raid without any disconnects!

My internet connection is stable and my ping is pretty good ingame ( min: 9ms / max: 24ms)

Edited by Ando79
  • Like 1

RememberRemembr

Same here.   since last update 4 days ago...Using Sydney (launcher showing 9 ping) servers in Sydney with 100mb up and down and getting kicked every game now regardless of squad or solo, pmc or scab. Any ideas on possible fixes would be helpful. All connection and ping test come up good.

ping.PNG

Gruffpup4650

Yeah same here guys. OCE server, stable ping on every other game and platform. Open tarkov and the RTT and Player RTT go sick. Nearly every game now is a disconnect or lagging to the point of being unplayable. I've tried nearly everything to try and fix it on my end. 

This all happened after the most recent patch 0.12.4.6675. Seems all kinds of messed up atm. Good to see I'm not the only one. 

• Like 2

-Rage-

Same here for me. Since the last recent patches (2?) network is terrible. Strange thing as Scav its even worse sometimes I can't connect "Awaiting session start" never ends and I have to Alt-F4 and reconnect but only for Scav for some reason.

Is there a priority difference for SCAV vs PMC? 

rueger99

Hi, since the last update that occurred a couple days ago, I too am having a very odd disconnect issue.  My CPU seems to freeze as the game completely freezes, but so does another apps running (like discord).  This freeze lasts probably 4-5 seconds which is enough to disconnect me from the game.  I can then re-connect and if I am lucky, I'm not dead yet.  It's like whatever they did to try to fix the slight freeze that was occurring for everyone is made the issue a lot worse for me.  My PC is 2 weeks old, Alienware Aurora R8 with all up to date drivers, chipset, BIOS.  Nothing on my end changed so that is why I think it has to be related to the patch.  I am uninstalling the game/reinstalling it right now, but I doubt that will help.   Anyone else have the full freeze effect occur?

CaptainC0w

Server is laggy as hell with people glitching and hopping around the map. Screenshot below of my FPS 1 stats. My FPS is ok, my RTT (round trip time - the time for a data packet to go from my pc to BSG servers and back) is also fine (10) and the PlayerRTT is what keeps spiking and causing lag, here it's at 521.

I've also shared this with BSG on Twitter, I know it's Easter and they're busy but many of us can't play as PMC so hopefully they're aware of it. Please RT / Fave  https://twitter.com/TheCaptainC0w/status/1248503376582553600

1474191665_2020-04-1212-12(0).thumb.png.2b3d8e433a231b59745f5fcbed2d42a8.png

tecco33

We need a hotfix, still broken.

lost so much stuff the last 2 day

server connection lost yay

• Like 1

CaptainC0w

So it looks like the Sydney server causing problems for me. I've just played a full raid (had no gear to test the server but I actually zero'd to hero'd Interchange ) but I can play Singapore where my ping is higher (80-100) on average but the Player RTT is more stable at 130 and doesn't spike up like Sydney servers. Maybe some others in this thread can do the same.

Andy788

N1. Same here. Got also Anticheat connection failed