Squad tips, strategies, recommendations?

Hyppetrain

So I would like to ask you guys that play with squad regularly and take it "more seriously", what would you recommend for 3+ man squads to increase their effectivness? how to play, what to look for, what to look out for? what simple commands do youse to quickly get the needed information around?

AlphaPhiAlpha

Focus on one map to start, go to offline mode and walk through the map, give all important areas callouts (i.e gas station/shortcut (the door you can open at gas to get into factory area)/bridge left and right/watchtower/...) and make sure you know them all. Keep comms as short and as little as possible. Don’t rely too much on each other, still play slowly like in solo mode. Define what you want to do before entering round and stick with it.

• Thanks 1
Hyppetrain
On 4/10/2020 at 11:25 AM, AlphaPhiAlpha said:

Focus on one map to start, go to offline mode and walk through the map, give all important areas callouts (i.e gas station/shortcut (the door you can open at gas to get into factory area)/bridge left and right/watchtower/...) and make sure you know them all. Keep comms as short and as little as possible. Don’t rely too much on each other, still play slowly like in solo mode. Define what you want to do before entering round and stick with it.

yeah I'm pretty experienced with the game, I was thinking if there were some things that take you and your mates from playing as 3 (or more) individuals to playing as a effective squad. Map knowledge and not yelling bullshit all the time is pretty obvious for us. thanks anyway

Capacitygear

Try to think about how as an individual you are killed/engaged and the information provided by the enemy when you are. You are either seen or heard, and opon death the enemy is seen/heard, then use that as a method to apply your team.

See each memember as a audio and visual detection tool and seek not to keep everyone alive, but to leverage your numbers to react or to re-frag with the information provided from your team memembers and the enemy, which at best is their audio/visual detection of a enemy or worst, their death from one.

Aim to be in visual distance of each other to avoid FF and to be able to re-frag if things go wrong. Move one and at time, be sure that one memember watches the guy moving and the other watches everything but the guy moving. Be in the same area but not the same space, use your audio detection of movement to best effect by spreading out.

The aim is to present each memember as an individual to the enemy while hiding your true force, and positioning in a way to leverage that force depending on how the engagement goes. A mememebr gets killed? you're there to watch the corpse for re-frag when they loot. A memember gets shot at? you're there to offer location information and to provide cover when the enemy relocates. If a memeber is targeted and they have good cover their job is to sit tight an allow the enemy to react to the information of their location which in turn will present them as a target to the other memembers.

Edited by Capacitygear
  • Thanks 1
Hyppetrain
9 hours ago, Capacitygear said:

Try to think about how as an individual you are killed/engaged and the information provided by the enemy when you are. You are either seen or heard, and opon death the enemy is seen/heard, then use that as a method to apply your team.

See each memember as a audio and visual detection tool and seek not to keep everyone alive, but to leverage your numbers to react or to re-frag with the information provided from your team memembers and the enemy, which at best is their audio/visual detection of a enemy or worst, their death from one.

Aim to be in visual distance of each other to avoid FF and to be able to re-frag if things go wrong. Move one and at time, be sure that one memember watches the guy moving and the other watches everything but the guy moving. Be in the same area but not the same space, use your audio detection of movement to best effect by spreading out.

The aim is to present each memember as an individual to the enemy while hiding your true force, and positioning in a way to leverage that force depending on how the engagement goes. A mememebr gets killed? you're there to watch the corpse for re-frag when they loot. A memember gets shot at? you're there to offer location information and to provide cover when the enemy relocates. If a memeber is targeted and they have good cover their job is to sit tight an allow the enemy to react to the information of their location which in turn will present them as a target to the other memembers.

oh the "one watches him and the other watches everything else" thing is a great tip. our problem often is that when we play it slow and make sure we dont run around like dumbasses we miss out on all the action.

traumacode

Designate each person in your squad to take specific roles.  For example, in dorms after we clear/ensure no players inside: 1 person goes to marked room, watches hallway from there.  Second person is overwatch from outside looking at back entrance or front entrance (depending on which side we entered), 3rd person is watching staircase between 2nd and 3rd floor, and 4th person on standby if one of those 3 dies and takes a spot somewhere within dorms.

Do this for each map and you'll improve teamwork very quickly.  It becomes habit to watch each other's backs with experience.  Also making sure you know maps/use common terms to call out player locations is key.

Hyppetrain
On 4/14/2020 at 2:39 PM, traumacode said:

Designate each person in your squad to take specific roles.  For example, in dorms after we clear/ensure no players inside: 1 person goes to marked room, watches hallway from there.  Second person is overwatch from outside looking at back entrance or front entrance (depending on which side we entered), 3rd person is watching staircase between 2nd and 3rd floor, and 4th person on standby if one of those 3 dies and takes a spot somewhere within dorms.

Do this for each map and you'll improve teamwork very quickly.  It becomes habit to watch each other's backs with experience.  Also making sure you know maps/use common terms to call out player locations is key.

thanks, that's a good tip

• Like 1
GassperUK

I'm sure this has already been mentioned but: 

1 - Learn the maps, learn call outs for maps. Create custom call outs between your group, and make sure all are known with it. 

2 - Do not bunch up. Biggest mistake I see ALL groups do. My drum mag has demolished multiple of groups of PMC's because they were really closely bunched up. Nades will be your biggest enemy there too. 

3 - Loot body's that you have claimed the kill for. Too reduce chaos, if your team mate knows who you killed and where he is, and you are looting him, then your team mate/s will know your exact position if anything was to happen. 

4 - Avoid sprinting in places you do not need to sprint in. Countless times I've opened fire on a group of PMC's and they can't do anything because they are waiting for their stam to go back up! 

Every little idea that will pop into your head is probably a good idea, don't think it isn't. If you think given your team mates silly names or whatever will make your survival last longer then do it! Everyone has their own play style, adapt yours and stick with it :)

Hyppetrain
On 4/15/2020 at 8:23 PM, GassperUK said:

I'm sure this has already been mentioned but: 

1 - Learn the maps, learn call outs for maps. Create custom call outs between your group, and make sure all are known with it. 

2 - Do not bunch up. Biggest mistake I see ALL groups do. My drum mag has demolished multiple of groups of PMC's because they were really closely bunched up. Nades will be your biggest enemy there too. 

3 - Loot body's that you have claimed the kill for. Too reduce chaos, if your team mate knows who you killed and where he is, and you are looting him, then your team mate/s will know your exact position if anything was to happen. 

4 - Avoid sprinting in places you do not need to sprint in. Countless times I've opened fire on a group of PMC's and they can't do anything because they are waiting for their stam to go back up! 

Every little idea that will pop into your head is probably a good idea, don't think it isn't. If you think given your team mates silly names or whatever will make your survival last longer then do it! Everyone has their own play style, adapt yours and stick with it :)

yes this was mostly already said, I was looking for something more "advanced", ideally regarding combat specifically. Thanks for help though