Sign in to follow this  
OGBustaGut

Simple Fix to Exit Campers

OGBustaGut

Seems easy to me.  And you make it more complex but not sure you really need too.

Why not have an equation that negatively awards late game kills within X feet of an exit area.  I think this would help with the PMC/Scav joint exits too which I really don't understand anyhow.

You can ramp it up but this would require more camping with and idle time for someone who has not moved in X amount of time from an given X by X area.

Than for the punishment take increasing amounts of experience away. 1000, 10000, 100000 etc.

It doesn't happen all that often but it is annoying based upon the looting concept of the game.

MD

• Sad 1

GrumpyFox

Or just pay attention thruu the whole raid until you're out and don't take exit for granted?

I've been exit camped maybe <1% of my games

There are more pressing issue fixes than few campers

• Like 2
  • Sad 2
  • Upvote 2

LasseNielsen

Or BSG should just make more extract options, so that extract camping has less chance of succes.

That most maps only have 1 viable (always open) extract just begs for camping, especially with the added weight system.

Also Scavs and PMC's should have to use different extracts. And not just calling them different names. Ruined Road and Tunnels are the same extract...

• Upvote 1

OGBustaGut

I don't get the pay attention statement, like duh, still doesn't fix a simple issue that could be addressed.

• Sad 1
  • Upvote 1

GrumpyFox
20 hours ago, OGBustaGut said:

I don't get the pay attention statement, like duh, still doesn't fix a simple issue that could be addressed.

If you don't get the pay attention statement then no wonder you get killed by these people at exit.

It's simple as it sounds, pay attention thruu whole raid and observe your surroundings, nothing you pick is yours until you extract in this game.

Simple issue? It's not even an issue, you're blowing it out of proportion.

You can basically meet more hatchlings per raid than exit campers in 10 raids

You know what's issue? Stutters, hackers, fps drops when zooming scope, de-sync, hit-reg list can go on

Those are issues, exit campers are just joke and memers that are bad at the game

• Like 1

OGBustaGut
Posted (edited)

Got it your priority list is the only one that matters ...

whatever...

Edited by OGBustaGut

Naqel

More exits would be a better solution, especially ones that require you to drop the backpack off, or meet a specific In-Raid condition(like the Saferoom Exfil on Interchange).

I'd also be concerned with the close proximity of spawns on some maps, since it's completely absurd that things like spawning within 10 seconds sprint on Woods or on Customs can happen.

LasseNielsen
15 hours ago, Naqel said:

More exits would be a better solution, especially ones that require you to drop the backpack off, or meet a specific In-Raid condition(like the Saferoom Exfil on Interchange).

I'd also be concerned with the close proximity of spawns on some maps, since it's completely absurd that things like spawning within 10 seconds sprint on Woods or on Customs can happen.

I agree, more extracts. But not like the stuff on interchange. Only leaving without a backpack just adds to the viability of pistol/hatchet runs.

Make them geared specific in other ways. Like the paracord red rebel. Only Cheaper.

Like: A locked door in customs, where you need a crowbar to open it.

Or a sewer manhole, where you also need a crowbar.

Or in Interchange, where the underground parking area is flooded. If you had a waterproof bagpack, and a airbreathing device. You could extract there.

Or a foldable ladder to get over a specific part of a wall somewhere.

Just ideas but that would make it, so you had to have a plan of extract before you entered a raid. Just like in real life.

• Like 1

GeneralBrus
vor 7 Minuten schrieb LasseNielsen:

I agree, more extracts. But not like the stuff on interchange. Only leaving without a backpack just adds to the viability of pistol/hatchet runs.

100%

MarcBorgia
On 4/14/2020 at 7:08 PM, GrumpyFox said:

If you don't get the pay attention statement then no wonder you get killed by these people at exit.

It's simple as it sounds, pay attention thruu whole raid and observe your surroundings, nothing you pick is yours until you extract in this game.

Simple issue? It's not even an issue, you're blowing it out of proportion.

You can basically meet more hatchlings per raid than exit campers in 10 raids

You know what's issue? Stutters, hackers, fps drops when zooming scope, de-sync, hit-reg list can go on

Those are issues, exit campers are just joke and memers that are bad at the game

I agree that its not a common issue but it sure is frustrating when you have a pretty good raid, excited to extract and theres 3 people sitting at the extract keeping anyone from getting out. Not even for loot, i spent a few minutes fighting them and there was only about 30 seconds left to extract so obviously they couldnt kill and loot me and get out. Just annoying there are people there just trying to ruin peoples time.

BanditMaka
Posted (edited)

I hate extract camping, but when you look at that sniping spot above tunnel on Shorleine, you know devs must think it's somewhat legit.
I do what other say and bring nades, or try come up behind in the case of tunnel. Think of it as another challenge.

More extracts are the solution. These dudes don't care about xp, they probably have none to take if they are playing that way.

Edited by BanditMaka