Feedback | TwitchRivals Event

Natalino

Hello everyone,

Now that the Twitch Rivals event have concluded, we would like to hear your feedback about it. Let us know your thoughts and how it could have been better if you did not like something. 

Thank you and make sure to follow the forum rules while stating your opinions freely. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

Issues:

Cash - 200k max per person is kinda whack to transfer 6m.

Team kills... come on... seems bad.

Rules should have been posted and circulated Hours before EU started. this 5 minutes prior basically made it seem very poorly structured. 

Now the good,

The bingo card made it easy to know where people stood. Its a fun clean style and would like to see more of this. it was a even play of RNG and PVP/E, so it was definitely interesting

Edited by xXxKinkyKelly
  • Like 5
  • Upvote 2

Let the event be run by people who have a good understanding of the game.

Clarify rules beforehand; no Teamkills, Scav runs don't count for objectives, and especially, clarify the goddamn rules so they aren't ambiguous or conflicting. Don't clarify it halfway through when the participants are more focused on the game, and especially not at the end.

Edited by Cincinattus1776
  • Upvote 9

Shoutout to my dude LVNDMARK!  Nobody deserves it more. Good to see his twitch explode over this!

feedback - these are the best of the best, team killing should not have been allowed and most of all, how do you DQ QuattroAce before the event...

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4

Hey Natalino, I liked the event in general but there are things to improve:

• Make the rules more clear. Make sure everyone knows about those rules. Anton mentioned a planned voice meeting beforehand which obviously never happened or was optional.
  • Do not allow team kill cheesing for dogtags or 100m kills, etc.
  • The Google Spreadsheet was overrun and barely accessable. I learned from someone in chat to spam F5 to get it shown after 2 hours.
  • Worrun got duped today, the quest said "Obtain 6.000.000 total rubles between all stashes". Not one stash! Trading those rubels to one account would also have needed many raids since there is a limit.
  • Use different challenges for EU and US or people know the hidden ones beforehand.

I hope this will improve in the future.❤️

Edited by Pvt_Chill
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 9

At first i wondered how they would make an Twitch Rivals for Tarkov.

But after finding out it was built like Bingo, I found out that that would be best realization, and i hat a lot of fun watching

But the Rules need to be more clear, and the hidden secrets need to be different from region to region.

• Like 1

I had my account linked and everything and didnt get a single drop. other than that the streams where great. Hope to see more things like this

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2

Rules we're getting changed while the event was live,
None of the Quests/Challenges was actually team based, need more team playing other then Solo, we can watch them Solo on streams or YouTube,
Some streamers we're using Fence to buy the mayo and the other stuff some viewers even helped them, which doesn't makes really sense if you blocked Flea market but not Fence, Everyone were confused over the event really it felt like it was made up yesterday, plus for the viewers i know from discord groups only around 30 people who got good drops, everyone else were getting scav vests tools and other poo, really? is that supposed to be promoting something? Not to talk about the players who were watching all day long and don't even know what a drop is...
Plus I'm kinda that you let US Army sponsor and only had like one decent prominent US Military player like comeon

As rating? 6/10 

It was good but not good enough, need a list of rules, need to know who actually counting the score and how, improve the drops, i don't say give everyone iCase but no scav vests that's for sure Give it more time and more quests, felt like it was missing a lot of content and actually supervise each team that they aren't cheating the event using moderators or w/e 

Edited by FullMetalJ
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

It was very confusing what challenges could be completed as a team. It seems to me that none of the challenges were actually team based and it was actually best for every person to split up and go solo to get more coverage on the bingo card. I would like to see more reason to do challenges as a team or just make the event a solo event next time.

• Upvote 2

Great event, very clumsy ending. Also would be nice to have the hardcore streamers more involved in the planning.

Tasks should be different between regions as well.

Content wise some of the best i have seen in quite some time! The teams did great both EU and NA!

Rule being changed during the event is a big nope in my book. Also the fact that the bingo card/rules were distributed so late was also a huge nope in my book. This event was sloppy, and the execution wasn't on par.

Honestly I hope we don't see twitch rivals come back to tarkov anytime soon if they don't learn anything from this.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Upvote 2

I didn't get to fully tune in, but there seems to be an issue with how to organize and clarify the rules. 

I do appreciate the twitch drops, I happen to be one of the lucky ones. I liked the organization of the stream, but felt like the announcers to be very boring. 

Overall, I absolutely loved it, please do these again, maybe some for the newbies?

Rigged, Worrun’s team won not swagger. Check again they had 6 mil between accounts as well as 3 ASG kills. They had more bingos and before Swagger’s team. Also, changing so much stuff so late and not responding to questions from the participants. Terrible run and all the bingo tiles were so in clear. There should have been a meeting after it was over to clarify things with participants before announcing. Pretty bad way to find out, by watching your stream. Poorly executed

Bingo system was great, really was fun to watch. 
Make it so that viewers could follow standings in real time. Googlesheets does not work on that, as you might have notice.

Rules should be explained  better to teams, before race begins. 

Definetly want to see more of this, very entertaining. 
If you wanna ad a twist, you could force teams to do some team raids to complete some tasks. 
Could lead to some interesting conflicts.

• Team Killing was not acceptable and shouldn't have been allowed
  • Extremely vague conditions, rules, changes of squares, and etc - very not okay either.
  • The rules/practices changed between EU and NA sessions.
  • Money and starting gear seemed okay, it made people put in some effort.
  • Applying more team based squares rather than a more solo approach.
  • NA/EU should not have been able team for numerous reasons during a time the community is upset over high ping players.

Overall, better than CODERED's hatchet running competition, but had many of those same aspects and RNG based looting square... As a comp player before Tarkov, this is a bit of a laughing stock - and thats putting it nicely.

Fire up your servers you use for trailers, and make it actually a competition between streamers; or just simply dont do this again until you have actually added Arena. What a joke.

Edited by SSEE38
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Like every Tarkov event, it seemed poorly managed and structured, not prepared at all. Based off the streamer's confusion alone it was clear they had no idea what was going on and communication with the Twitch Rivals staff either wasn't clear or not there at all. People were confused about specifics, last minute rule changes, and things like that. 

Personally, I don't think that team kills should've been allowed for tasks (i.e team-killing your squad-mate for 2 grenade kills, etc etc).

Now, I'm sure the coordinators of the event had no influence on the drops, but if they did or they know who did, what happened? The drops were insanely nerfed. I know people that either got no drops at all or 20 "Common" items, which included scav knives and rigs, worthless items, but at the same time, I'm personally someone who got Moonshine as a "Common" drop, an item that's worth nearly 300,000. 

Artificial rarities shouldn't be added to drops due to the in-game economy being artificial itself. A pack of sugar or a graphics card may count as a "Common" item, but they're worth 50,000 and 300,000, respectively. They should not be on the same tier as a knife worth 1,000. 

I'm sure I'm speaking for many others when I say this, but I prefer the old drops. They were typically less common, but the items were astronomically better, giving people more of a reason to watch the event and enjoy the game. 

Other than those things, the event was enjoyable especially with all the personalities participating.

Thank you for taking the time to read this. Happy Escaping.  

• Like 1

If you are familiar with twitch this give a way may seem like easy money.  However if you do not regularly use social media  this is pretty flustering.  Maybe you should do a better job explaining what the whole interaction looks like.

This was the first Twitch rivals I was actually interested in and I had a lot of fun watching and figuring out who was doing well and who wasn't. The bingo board was a great idea and I echo some previous people with the thought that it should be more easily viewable/trackable and changed more between EU/NA. On that note; perhaps make more team based objectives like running woods and using the factory gate extract after killing Schturmn? (forcing a partner to join them)

Overall I am even more excited for the next iteration of this where the feedback on this forum is implemented and a smoother experience is had.

Side note; So far I've had 8 common drops of which one was a graphics card. This is great for a starter newbie like myself!

1) Ruleset should be clear from the getgo and not changed or altered on the fly. If kills need to be on one person or collectively, specify that and not change it. If grenade/machine guns on Reserve did not or did count, specify that.

2) Players should not be able to cheese via teamkill, or use Fence or flea.

3) If using the bingo format or similar, someone in discord should have entered each voice chat to verbally confirm when someone completed a square. Having the streamers have to guess is a waste of time in a timed event and creates confusion as to which tasks to prioritize or if they need to be repeated.

4) All tasks should have had VERY clear wording with no room for interpretation. "All stashes" should have been clarified whether it was the stashes between all players or if all stashes meant all money variations (RUB/EU/DOLLARS) on one person.

5) All items examined. Having to sit and watch streamers examine everything was a waste of time in the prep phase before the tournament started. And in the event the streamers had problems logging in to fresh accounts or linking accounts, examining things and other issues would have prevented them from starting immediately.

6) Max traders (including Jaeger) when there is no flea market access allows players to focus on the tournament tasks at hand and provides them with access to what they need.

7) All quests completed would be good to prevent issues should they be passively or purposely completed on the side, potentially skewing the final results.

EFT is a dynamic game with a lot of gameplay/interaction options and this needs to be taken into account for a fair match where everyone understands what is available to them and to prevent confusion in the future.

Edit: More team-based or gear-based tasks would have been nice to potentially see and would have been entertaining, although I understand matchmaking/dying would make team-based tasks cut into the overall time to complete tasks with the downtime on waiting for buddies to extract in order to group up again (and doesn't make for a good viewer experience to watch people waiting).

Edited by Sminty
Added more suggestions
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

It was fun to watch, but I heard some participants got word that they had been invited only half an hour before the start of the event, and as such, arrived late and/or poorly prepared for it. But the bingo was exciting to watch, the prizes for the players seemed nice, and the drops were generally nice quality.

Unrelated to the event, but I'm not a fan of the purple Twitch stuff. It seems too much like PUBG clothing, and I think this game and our community are too different from PUBG's to be dressing up like them for combat.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

After watching this all day, it was confusing on the rule set, I’ve watched the code red and now twitch rivals. If you are going to have teams then they need to squad up and play not solo, in addition it should be based off PVP and XP    Have everyone at level 40 all quests unlocked. TK not allowed,, If you are going to add objectives, I.E “Kill a player with a Melee then it should count as a SCAV”. stash should start with basic level 4 armor and helms, and set weapons.  “Kleans” idea that he proposed is fantastic and should be the basis 

• Upvote 1