TheWay

Short status update from Nikita Buyanov

TheWay

Dear friends.

Nikita Buyanov stopped by at one of the popular Escape from Tarkov streamers - Pestily, where he told some insider information regarding upcoming plans for the game and answered some questions. We present to your attention a short clipping of the main topics that Nikita discussed with streamers.

• Information about the wipe will probably be released next week.
  • RAID episode 4 is planned in mid-May.
  • The next patch 0.12.5 will contain the settings of graphic post-effects. Filters from Nvidia will become unavailable for use.
  • The 1911 pistol will be in 0.12.6.
  • Kriss Vector - most likely will appear in 0.12.7.
  • UMP is in the plans, but there are no exact dates yet.
  • Boss on the Shoreline - The Sanitar is scheduled for 0.12.7
  • Rework of skills - the first changes will be in the patch 0.12.7.
  • The compass is planned in patch 0.12.7 or 0.12.8.
  • Steam Audio - will appear in 0.12.6, this will be the first iteration and it is aimed at improving the quality of sound positioning in the game.
  • About 50,000 cheaters were blocked in March. Developers work daily with BattlEye.
  • Nikita and the developers do not quite approve the ping limit. For example, due to high ping, players cannot play with friends in different parts of the world. But at the moment, "we have what we have." These are necessary measures to combat cheaters and abusers. In the future, perhaps something on this subject will change and be finalized.
  • Players will have the opportunity to send reports of suspicious players, abusive nicknames and bug-abuses (in the near future).
  • Nikita once again noted that there will be no microtransactions in the game. This is not a method of dealing with intruders selling loot for real money. Trading for real money violates the license agreement and will lead to account blocking - this is only a matter of time.
  • BEAR voice acting that speaks “broken” English will be added in the game.
  • Offline game with friends is in the plans, perhaps for this there will be separate servers without gaining experience in raids.
  • Button to quickly drop the backpack - in the plans.
  • Next location will be either Lighthouse or Streets of Tarkov. The main work goes on Streets of Tarkov
  • In 0.12.5 and 0.12.6 there will be various corrections aimed at eliminating freezes and various errors.
  • The idea of   the ability to do everything all at once in one raid is something that the developers want to get rid of (lurking, shooting, making money). One man - no man - developers want players to have to choose between such things in raids.
  • Developers are actively trying to find a balance between the creation of new content and technical updates (bug fixes). Cheaters and bugs take up most of the time for programmers, and they cannot work fully on new features.
  • Nikita and the developers believe that the gameplay at the Escape from Tarkov tournaments does not show the real essence of the game, but it is interesting to watch such tournaments. There will definitely be more tournaments, including those from Twitch - more well-developed.
  • Daily tasks (similar to quests from the tournament, random quests) - players will have the opportunity to perform such tasks in the future.
  • Merchandise store postponed due to COVID-19.
  • Patches 0.12.5 and 0.12.6 will be directed mainly to the technical component. 0.12.7 approximately 50/50 with content. When adding new mechanics, we have to stop and fix errors
  • The ability to send loot to the stash and remain in the raid is planned. This means the ability to evacuate a backpack with loot from a location for money.
  • Developers are also testing a version of Unity 2019 so they can switch to it soon.
  • Unity is a rather complex and specific engine. There are no games like EFT on Unity and most likely will not appear.

Record of the broadcast in English: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/592834791

TRANSLATIONS:

• Spanish translation can be forund here. Thanks to our Emissary and Moderator @NoisyCosmos
  • CZ/SK translation can be found here. Thanks to our Emissary @Snork_Svk
  • German translation can be found here. Thanks to our Community Representative for Germany @Hummz21
  • Romanian translation can be found here. Thanks to our Emissary @j0zeph
  • Portuguese translation can be found here. Thanks to our Emissary and Moderator @Alexandre_5
  • Chinese translation can be found here. Thanks to our Emissary and Moderator @Mage_Elminster
  • Turkish translation can be found here. Thanks to our Emissary @SolidMemo
  • Greek translation can be found here. Thanks to our Emissary @ZermanGR
  • Estonian translation can be found here. Thanks to our Emissary @TEXIT
  • Hungarian translation can be found here. Thanks to our Emissary @Settenke
  • French translation can be found here. Thanks to our Emissary @MadSilverballer
  • Arabic translation can be found here. Thanks to our Emissary @d3voo
  • Like 17
  • Thanks 5
  • Hot 1
  • Sad 1
  • Upvote 6

Its_Adam

Please do not rework skills AFTER the wipe. Do it before. Even if you have to push the wipe back. It makes no sense to rework the skills after. 

• Like 4
  • Hot 1
  • Sad 1
  • Upvote 5

Rodreguez

Brilliant work all round.  50000 cheaters ? wow thats a lot.

Thanks !

• Thanks 1

Hugobugo

Can you answer, if the skill rework will also wipe the skills? It would be nice to know so that players who wanted to level a skill know it wouldnt be worth it right now.

Xarc
37 minutes ago, TheWay said:

Nikita and the developers do not quite approve the ping limit. For example, due to high ping, players cannot play with friends in different parts of the world. But at the moment, "we have what we have." These are necessary measures to combat cheaters and abusers. In the future, perhaps something on this subject will change and be finalized.

Those friendships were done in other games which allowed high latencies.

I'm totally for the friendships in games but this should not spoil the pleasure of other players to play the game.

"These are necessary measures to combat cheaters and abusers." This job is for AC. If you rely only on ping restriction for cheaters or abusers, then you make islands (countries/regions) with more or less cheaters/abusers.

I believed this ping was for the better gameplay.

37 minutes ago, TheWay said:

Players will have the opportunity to send reports of suspicious players, abusive nicknames and bug-abuses (in the near future).

This is a good thing. But we need to see/read the plans to make our own idea about it.

42 minutes ago, TheWay said:

Nikita and the developers believe that the gameplay at the Escape from Tarkov tournaments does not show the real essence of the game, but it is interesting to watch such tournaments. There will definitely be more tournaments, including those from Twitch - more well-developed.

Even if was not perfect, it was fun to watch.

43 minutes ago, TheWay said:

Merchandise store postponed due to COVID-19.

Are you talking about T-shirts, underwear, socks and miniature puppets ? :)

43 minutes ago, TheWay said:

The ability to send loot to the stash and remain in the raid is planned. This means the ability to evacuate a backpack with loot from a location for money.

I totally disagree with this ... but it's just me.

1 hour ago, TheWay said:

Steam Audio - will appear in 0.12.6, this will be the first iteration and it is aimed at improving the quality of sound positioning in the game.

Sooner then expected. They have must been working hard to implement it.

RACWAR
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, TheWay said:

Nikita and the developers do not quite approve the ping limit. For example, due to high ping, players cannot play with friends in different parts of the world. But at the moment, "we have what we have." These are necessary measures to combat cheaters and abusers. In the future, perhaps something on this subject will change and be finalized.

Honestly, I hope they will keep this feature, I REALLY REALLY hope they will keep it, and preferably make it even tougher, because ever since this was introduced, I have encountered FAR less odd deaths, and seen far less people skipping and lagging all over the place - which are almost impossible to shoot. I has improved the quality of gameplay quite a bit!

It sucks for the people who have friends who live far away, but it's selfish to expect everyone else to have to deal with you lagging out the whole game and ruining all the other people's experience just because you want to play with someone from the other end of the world.

Edited by RACWAR
  • Like 2

CowBowJoe

yes amazing get rid of the nvidia filters time to see the AMAZING colours of this game

VolvicIzay
vor 2 Minuten schrieb CowBowJoe:

yes amazing get rid of the nvidia filters time to see the AMAZING colours of this game

Did you even fully reead that point? They add their own post effects so...? What??

• Upvote 1

TheCh1mera

I get you guys are working with BE to improve the AC, and we are all thankful for that. However, surely you can see that the massive incentive to cheat for RMT means you will always be on the defensive and will never win this cat and mouse game purely through detecting cheats better?

IMO you need to think of stronger ways to disincentive RMT. Hell at this point I'd maybe even support microtransactions for roubles, just so you can undercut the hackers! Obviously we all hate microtransactions but I think the player base would agree we hate hackers more. If you sold roubles easily through the game, it would immediately put a massive chunk of the cheaters who are farming roubles out of business (who I assume would be the majority of the hacker base). 

• Sad 8

RCSWE
15 minutes ago, TheCh1mera said:

we all hate microtransactions but I think the player base would agree we hate hackers more.

LOL, no.

Hackers may ruin a good game, but microtransactions make sure there isn't a good game to begin with.

Pay-to-win - which is what the hackers are mostly about and is what you are suggesting as a solution - is absolute death to a game like Tarkov.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1
  • Upvote 2

Xerthos
Zitat

Players will have the opportunity to send reports of suspicious players, abusive nicknames and bug-abuses (in the near future).

I don't think this is a good idea. Back in days, were i played CS 1.6 there were a lot of players and even a few admins, who blame skilled players as cheaters. I think the false positiv rate, people who get mistakenly blamed for cheating, will significant increase, where the true positiv rate will only have small change. 

TheCh1mera
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, RCSWE said:

LOL, no.

Hackers may ruin a good game, but microtransactions make sure there isn't a good game to begin with.

Pay-to-win - which is what the hackers are mostly about and is what you are suggesting as a solution - is absolute death to a game like Tarkov.

People are already buying billions of roubles, why do you think there are so many hacker farms on Labs? Wake up man. Nobody wants microtransactions, I personally despise them, but better those same people buy roubles from BSG than from hackers which ruins the game. Do you not get that this game is already "pay-to-win" (by your definition anyway)?

Go google "buy EFT roubles" and check out how many websites there are. 

Not that having extra money makes you ANY better at the game. Yeah, they go in with more gear but if they're bad they're bad. 

Edited by TheCh1mera
  • Sad 2

keyciraptor
vor 4 Stunden schrieb TheWay:

Unity is a rather complex and specific engine. There are no games like EFT on Unity and most likely will not appear.

There is a reason why there is no game like EFT made in unity, i am kinda suprised the devs are getting slowly WHY^^

Should have picked engines with more stable features, easier and also much better, its not like there isnt at least 3 4 5 of it

picking a mobile game engine and beeing suprised to have problems other devs with other engines dont have

Nisima

leaving the game!!!!why?

smokatoke
6 hours ago, TheWay said:

• The idea of   the ability to do everything all at once in one raid is something that the developers want to get rid of (lurking, shooting, making money). One man - no man - developers want players to have to choose between such things in raids.

Insert Karma with VERY harsh penalties for killing PMC during raids? Add more weight restrictions?

kelevra_06
vor 19 Minuten schrieb smokatoke:

Insert Karma with VERY harsh penalties for killing PMC during raids?

A yeah..and lose all your Karma by doing Quests where you have to kill PMC's! In my opinion: You have to make friendship to an other player in Raid (like its with F1 Greeting now) and if you kill your "mate" you will get punished!

VaaraJO

I just love that the BSG want to make a game where you can't go for everything in one raid, I love the weight change.

• Upvote 1

DullestKrayon
7 hours ago, TheWay said:

Can we PLEASE add color settings if we're taking down nvidia filters? Vibrancy is just preference and I like a little color in my games instead of grey

PrivateGER
2 hours ago, keyciraptor said:

There is a reason why there is no game like EFT made in unity, i am kinda suprised the devs are getting slowly WHY^^

Should have picked engines with more stable features, easier and also much better, its not like there isnt at least 3 4 5 of it

picking a mobile game engine and beeing suprised to have problems other devs with other engines dont have

Unity isn't a mobile game engine. Where did you even get that from?

smokatoke
37 minutes ago, kelevra_06 said:

A yeah..and lose all your Karma by doing Quests where you have to kill PMC's! In my opinion: You have to make friendship to an other player in Raid (like its with F1 Greeting now) and if you kill your "mate" you will get punished!

Clearly you didn’t understand as Karma has always been planned and the gameplay to be this way, just not implemented yet. It is also supposed to be limited to certain raids. DYOR

Fujimama

We don't want lagging people on servers, it's 0 fun shooting on someone who is skipping all around map..

The idea of   the ability to do everything all at once in one raid is something that the developers want to get rid of (lurking, shooting, making money). One man - no man - developers want players to have to choose between such things in raids.

I think it's good how it is right now that makes this game so good.

The ability to send loot to the stash and remain in the raid is planned. This means the ability to evacuate a backpack with loot from a location for money.

Please don't do that

Nikita once again noted that there will be no microtransactions in the game. This is not a method of dealing with intruders selling loot for real money. Trading for real money violates the license agreement and will lead to account blocking - this is only a matter of time.

Does that means that friend of yours can't bring you a gun/gear to the raid? Hope not

For everything else i am excided and glad you'r working to do this game better for us

Bibilunic

• 1: Information about the wipe will probably be released next week.
  • 2: The compass is planned in patch 0.12.7 or 0.12.8.
  • 3: Players will have the opportunity to send reports of suspicious players, abusive nicknames and bug-abuses (in the near future).
  • 4: Nikita once again noted that there will be no microtransactions in the game.
  • 5: BEAR voice acting that speaks “broken” English will be added in the game.
  • 6: Offline game with friends is in the plans, perhaps for this there will be separate servers without gaining experience in raids.
  • 7: Button to quickly drop the backpack - in the plans.
  • 8: In 0.12.5 and 0.12.6 there will be various corrections aimed at eliminating freezes and various errors.
  • 9: The idea of   the ability to do everything all at once in one raid is something that the developers want to get rid of (lurking, shooting, making money). One man - no man - developers want players to have to choose between such things in raids.
  • 10: The ability to send loot to the stash and remain in the raid is planned. This means the ability to evacuate a backpack with loot from a location for money.

1: Actually don't wipe needs to always happen i think the game will just die if there is no wipe Because of hitting max lvl being just better stuff like that

2: I don't think we needed that i guess people that can't use a map wich is easy to do will be happy (A replay mode would be better)

3: Nice but without replay mode it will make report not as trust worthy as if that where implemented

4: I note that in my head before they start doing some insurgency stuff and matrix everyone

5: Dicky needles

6: This is just nice but it might get your server and lantency to be completely fucked so you might fix server prob before

7: Why not just make a swap button

8: Nice

9: I'm a little scared because if i read correctly solo player are fucked they need to go to a raid for specifics thing like doing quest or get gear not both

10: Could be great but will cause camp might be prepared

Bibilunic
5 minutes ago, Fujimama said:

Does that means that friend of yours can't bring you a gun/gear to the raid? Hope not

No it means that you are not allowed to use real money in game

Like if someone is selling you 1k rub for 10 bucks

• Thanks 1

kelevra_06
vor 23 Minuten schrieb smokatoke:

Clearly you didn’t understand as Karma has always been planned

i understand! And i know that since a long time, but planned is not made! And it was never told how Karma will be implemented or in wich way it will affect somebody!  All they told were just ideas. Nobody really knows in wich way Karma will work!

As i yee you dont understand what has to come to make Karma functional ;)

Bibilunic
2 minutes ago, kelevra_06 said:

i understand! And i know that since a long time, but planned is not made! And it was never told how Karma will be implemented or in wich way it will affect somebody!  All they told were just ideas. Nobody really knows in wich way Karma will work!

As i yee you dont understand what has to come to make Karma functional ;)

Honestly i think Karma will be ass

And also that killing scav will not take karma down because they are ass and shoot you anyway

I think it would be more of a way to get people to not tk in group if that's a thing

And maybe having good karma will give you rewards

who knows