Jeffy14

Disconnected due to poor Connection

Jeffy14

Hello everyone,

I keep on getting disconnected due to "due to poor COnnection quality".
This is what the game tells me. I never had those problems before.

ANyone experiencing the same?
Thank you

• Like 1

schubbey

need to check your ping, if its constantly above 250 you will be disconnected automatically - open launcher and click on "change server" , then select a good ping server - if thats the problem

• Like 1

Jeffy14
15 hours ago, schubbey said:

need to check your ping, if its constantly above 250 you will be disconnected automatically - open launcher and click on "change server" , then select a good ping server - if thats the problem

Hi Thank you for your answer.
The way the ping lock is implemented is not good.
It came happen that the ping of a player goes above 250 temporarily due to internet issues at home or from the ISP. The player should not be kicked from the game when this happens.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

schubbey
vor 24 Minuten schrieb Jeffy14:

It came happen that the ping of a player goes above 250 temporarily due to internet issues at home or from the ISP. The player should not be kicked from the game when this happens.

it wont happen unless its a constant ping above 250 (i think after 5 or 10 seconds with high ping)

Jeffy14
51 minutes ago, schubbey said:

it wont happen unless its a constant ping above 250 (i think after 5 or 10 seconds with high ping)

5 or 10 sec is too short. I had internet issues and I had to reconnect to the game literally 15 times to be able to extract. Each time I was getting kicked out by the game because of this new feature.
Very bad implementation.

• Sad 1
  • Upvote 1

schubbey

honestly i love that feature - why? because it stops ping abusing, people go on bad ping servers intentionally so in the server calculation they get an advantage, so you see them lagging around while they can play quite normally...results in them winning most fights

as i mentioned above

vor 19 Stunden schrieb schubbey:

open launcher and click on "change server" , then select a good ping server

if its something with your provider or just a really bad connection in general im really sorry for you and i feel you, as i have a 1.1k down and 400kb/s uploadrate myself

Jeffy14
On 4/19/2020 at 5:21 PM, schubbey said:

honestly i love that feature - why? because it stops ping abusing, people go on bad ping servers intentionally so in the server calculation they get an advantage, so you see them lagging around while they can play quite normally...results in them winning most fights

as i mentioned above

if its something with your provider or just a really bad connection in general im really sorry for you and i feel you, as i have a 1.1k down and 400kb/s uploadrate myself

I see. I know how to change the server thank you. 
But it seems you still dont get it.
Imagine you are playing on your best server where you get a ping of 50, then something happens and your internet connection suffers and your ping goes up to 250 for a few minutes (maybe your wife starting uploading pictures on the cloud or your ISP has issues); then you will be pushed out of the game even though you did nothing wrong.
The region lock should only prevent you from joining a region too far away from you like they did in PUBG for example. The implementation was much smarter.
The point of the region lock is to stop Chinese hackers and not what you are talking about.

kelevra_06
vor 9 Minuten schrieb Jeffy14:

But it seems you still dont get it.

High Ping is High Ping...if its intentional or not doesnt matter. Other players shouldnt suffer just because you have no stable connection. Its not BSG's or other players fault wehn your connection is not that good and your provider has problems. But its the other players who will suffer because you have a 300+ ping even its just for 20 seconds!

EvilMrZed
44 minutes ago, kelevra_06 said:

High Ping is High Ping...if its intentional or not doesnt matter. Other players shouldnt suffer just because you have no stable connection. Its not BSG's or other players fault wehn your connection is not that good and your provider has problems. But its the other players who will suffer because you have a 300+ ping even its just for 20 seconds!

Dude its quarter of a second if you hitting 250 ping. You want to worry about something worry about the people flyhacking or using aim assist, much harder to kill someone who is hovering above you than someone who is a quarter of a second behind. All its done is stopped people being able to play with friends that are international. Worry about the real issue like Fly hacks, aimbot or extract camping! Jeffy i feel your pain! Biggest mistake they made in tarkov so far.

• Like 1

kelevra_06
vor 52 Minuten schrieb EvilMrZed:

You want to worry about something worry about the people flyhacking or using aim assist

Thats a different thing you shouldnt compare!

schubbey
vor 4 Stunden schrieb Jeffy14:

then you will be pushed out of the game even though you did nothing wrong.
The region lock should only prevent you from joining a region too far away from you like they did in PUBG for example.

its not a region lock, its to prevent high ping abusing

vor 4 Stunden schrieb Jeffy14:

Imagine you are playing on your best server where you get a ping of 50, then something happens and your internet connection suffers and your ping goes up to 250 for a few minutes (maybe your wife starting uploading pictures on the cloud or your ISP has issues)

imagine you upload something intentionally so your ping stays at 900 so youre teleporting around the map for everyone else while its fine for you - server calculation will give you the advantage - basically hacking

vor 3 Stunden schrieb EvilMrZed:

Dude its quarter of a second if you hitting 250 ping. You want to worry about something worry about the people

if its a quarter of a second you wont be kicked, if it stays above 250 for 5 or 10 seconds (not sure if 5 or 10) it will kick you - so now if you play on a server far away it will stay very high all the time, if you dont it wont (unless you have a really unstable connection but looking at pc specs it always says that a working connection is needed)

vor 3 Stunden schrieb EvilMrZed:

Worry about the real issue like Fly hacks, aimbot or extract camping

or teleporting, or god mode - wait that was still lag related sry

EvilMrZed

You missed the point, no one said 900 ping its a 250 cut off. and what i meant by a quarter of a second is thats what 250 ping is equal too in real time. All i was saying was that maybe a little more time spent adressing the real problems as i mentioned because sure enough someone at 250 ping is still killable dude, plus you dont teleport or become invincible at that cutoff. Each to their own i suppose... 

Jeffy14
18 hours ago, schubbey said:

its not a region lock, its to prevent high ping abusing

imagine you upload something intentionally so your ping stays at 900 so youre teleporting around the map for everyone else while its fine for you - server calculation will give you the advantage - basically hacking

if its a quarter of a second you wont be kicked, if it stays above 250 for 5 or 10 seconds (not sure if 5 or 10) it will kick you - so now if you play on a server far away it will stay very high all the time, if you dont it wont (unless you have a really unstable connection but looking at pc specs it always says that a working connection is needed)

or teleporting, or god mode - wait that was still lag related sry

Bro, your high ping advantage is a myth. Try to go play on a server with 900 ping. YOU are going to hate it and not the other way around.
The system was implemented to limit CHinese cheaters. Nikita clearly said it in the podcast.

I have played with both a high ping and a low ping. I would never ever go back to a high ping. No one connects to a high ping server on purpose. If this gave you a real advantage, everyone would have done it, like for the NVIDIA graphic filter option.
Stop fantasizing please. It just does not make any sense.

22 hours ago, EvilMrZed said:

Dude its quarter of a second if you hitting 250 ping. You want to worry about something worry about the people flyhacking or using aim assist, much harder to kill someone who is hovering above you than someone who is a quarter of a second behind. All its done is stopped people being able to play with friends that are international. Worry about the real issue like Fly hacks, aimbot or extract camping! Jeffy i feel your pain! Biggest mistake they made in tarkov so far.

Thank you bro!

Jeffy14
On 4/22/2020 at 3:34 PM, kelevra_06 said:

I know no other game that kicks you out of a game because your ping spikes higher for a moment.
Maybe no one did that because it is not a good system. Dont you think?

gianluzzz

I'd rather do so (as developer) in order to get kicked out of the server due to high ping.
Sure the first value I'd look at is the ping but, on the other side I would consider another data that might be called "Quality".
First, you look at the ping and let's accept spikes cause on the internet this is normal. As the spikes starts, quality will decrease from let's say 100 to 90. As the time goes by, if in like 30secs the situation is getting worse, then let's notify the user for other 10secs if no changes are made you are going to be kicked out.

Surely BSG is looking for something like I mentioned above. The actual system is just under test but there will be great improvement on this matter. 

kelevra_06
vor 5 Minuten schrieb Jeffy14:

I know no other game that kicks you out of a game because your ping spikes higher for a moment.
Maybe no one did that because it is not a good system. Dont you think?

Some games have Regiolocks and some have Pinglocks! Most shooters have anything thats similar to a pinglock. Bsg didnt invent that a month ago ;)

Pinglock should be way less than 250 in my opinion to prevent cross-sea gaming!

Some ppl will suffer from that for sure, but the majority gets a better ingame-quality! I would prefer different servers. Most of them with a 150 ms Pinglock and some "open" global servers without any restriction related to Ping. So everybody can decide by himself if he wants to play on "fair" conditions or if he wants to play against ppl with unknown highping. 

Forby

I've made a topic about this before and it was just ignored. No one cares that so much of the player base can't even play the game at all anymore. I can't play Tarkov at all because of this feature now.

Having a high ping doesn't help you against other players, it makes it harder. People blame it on high ping players because they're mad and need something to blame it on.

The feature should be changed, at the very least the cap should be reduced significantly.

It's nice to know that the devs don't seem to care about us not being able to play and support the game anymore, until this is fixed, I'll simply not be able to play the game.

lavatiger
On 4/18/2020 at 12:43 PM, Jeffy14 said:

Hello everyone,

I keep on getting disconnected due to "due to poor COnnection quality".
This is what the game tells me. I never had those problems before.

ANyone experiencing the same?
Thank you

I had this problem too. Even with server ping averaging around 14, I was disconnecting at least once out of three rounds. I ended up running a cat6 and the problem was solved. You most likely have a weak wifi adapter, at best, find a faster server.

Spectro887
7 hours ago, Jeffy14 said:

Bro, your high ping advantage is a myth.this gave you a real advantage, everyone would have done it

Are we playing the same game? Just look at the lobby to see how many Chinese are still playing on EU, NA, RUSS servers .... they do it on purpose because they are rubbish and until they put the region lock this thing will continue indefinitely ...play in your ducking server. It also happens to me to sometimes go from a ping of 50 to 300 for a rush of lag but it lasts 2-3 seconds maximum and I am not cicked ... if you have these problems it probably depends on your connection, or to the servers where you play that sucks (and here is the fault of the bsg) or you play on servers where you shouldn't be playing.

blazedlaser

I have been playing this game for about a month now. I live in the middle of bumfuck nowhere and this was one of the few games that I could run on my shitty ass WiFi. Now since this feature has been implemented I have not been able to play a single ducking run without getting disconnected at least20 times. This needs to be fixed or tarkov will lose another player for some dumb duck ass reason

LenzOA

so i cant play this game with friends from another country? because either they or i get kicked when we play together or is this just for solo queue?

BrettB

Yep I live rural Australia and have been playing for prob 2-3 wipes. Never a problem, now its not playable and I hope this is removed.

Its an uninstall kinda problem. I cant justify $280AUD to play offline mode?

Edited by BrettB
  • Like 1

Porpoise_CZ

This feature made the game unplayable for me. I live in a small village with internet infrastructure under construction. All what is available is wifi. I have 30-40 ping most of the time, but the stability could be an issue few times a day. It is just a minute or two when the net goes crazy, but this feature kills me instantly. I  am losing my stuff and I cannot do anything about it. 

When this connectivity issues occured in last patches I could just lay down and wait for the internet to come back in few minutes. Now I am not willing to play and lose my stuff every 3rd raid because of 30s of unstable internet. 

Not everyone is living in big town having access to the optical fiber. Sad. See you in the next century when 5G will be a thing. 

• Like 1

Xininix

This implementation is absolute trash. The only reason I play this game is to play with friends and now I can't. This has made the game 100% worthless to me. Absolute zero value with one patch. 

Tonsasn

ive been disconnecting while have ping around 170-190ms and this just started after the most recent launcher update...smh cant play once again because of servers