mooppy

I have to use a VPN to get in to Tarkov

mooppy
Posted (edited)

Every time I play Tarkov the game launcher needs to repair. When I use a VPN server in Germany I can run the game. So Whats up Tarkov? Can I not play in Iraq or is it something wrong with my files.

Edited by mooppy
Grammer

sYs
50 minutes ago, mooppy said:

Every time I play Tarkov the game launcher needs to repair. When I use a VPN server in Germany I can run the game. So Whats up Tarkov? Can I not play in Iraq or is it something wrong with my files.

Something is wrong with your isp.  

BanditMaka

What does it say for region? Next to the server selection.
What should it say?

mooppy
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, sYs said:

Something is wrong with your isp.  

My isp is a Iraqi internet company. I have a dynamic ip. Could that be it ?

3 hours ago, BanditMaka said:

What does it say for region? Next to the server selection.
What should it say?

It saids EUR but Im in the Middle East .

Edited by mooppy

BanditMaka
44 minutes ago, mooppy said:

I don't think it's the dynamic ip, but I'm no expert.
I have seen other people from the Middle East have this issue before though. An Israeli dude made a post about it the other day.
He said he bought from his location, at the official store without using a vpn. So I don't understand why you both have EU copies.

They are region locked to some degree. So for example an Australian can connect to Singapore servers but not to UK servers, they can't even select them.

You should be able to play on Tel Aviv servers I think. But only if you can select it.

I would contact support and make sure you have the correct regional copy.

sYs
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, mooppy said:

EU means game can be accessed anywhere in the world.

My guess is that your ISP is blocking/injecting packets into connection to BSG servers - hance works with vpn - doesn't work without.

What is your ISP name?

Edited by sYs

betsycollins
14 hours ago, mooppy said:

There are no servers in the middle so you will have to resort to a VPN. Germany servers are good so you made a good choice but if you want a wider range of optimal server try a premium VPN. Theres a 7-day trial on PureVPN so you can test it out. 

mooppy
8 hours ago, sYs said:

EU means game can be accessed anywhere in the world.

My guess is that your ISP is blocking/injecting packets into connection to BSG servers - hance works with vpn - doesn't work without.

What is your ISP name?

My ISP is Dar-Al-Salam. Crappiest internet I have ever had.

9 hours ago, BanditMaka said:

I don't think it's the dynamic ip, but I'm no expert.
I have seen other people from the Middle East have this issue before though. An Israeli dude made a post about it the other day.
He said he bought from his location, at the official store without using a vpn. So I don't understand why you both have EU copies.

They are region locked to some degree. So for example an Australian can connect to Singapore servers but not to UK servers, they can't even select them.

You should be able to play on Tel Aviv servers I think. But only if you can select it.

I would contact support and make sure you have the correct regional copy.

I just got in Contact with them. Hopefully things work out. It shows on my account that I have the EUR addition but on server select I can still only select a few servers.

1 hour ago, betsycollins said:

There are no servers in the middle so you will have to resort to a VPN. Germany servers are good so you made a good choice but if you want a wider range of optimal server try a premium VPN. Theres a 7-day trial on PureVPN so you can test it out. 

I currently use  Express VPN. Idk how it works for gaming but it gets me across. I defintely would like to find out who is the top contender for gamers in the VPN realm. Looking to upgrade anywhere possible.

BanditMaka

EU copies can't be played anywhere, or connect to any regions servers. I have an EU copy and it works just like the rest.

Tel Aviv is a server that has been up, and was still up in February, so unless they removed it since then, there is a server in the Middle East.

If not Tel Aviv, Turkey would be the next closest.

You should not have to be playing on German servers through a VPN, don't listen to em.

Justifys

Is using a VPN recommended at all?  Is it necessary? For example I need  to unblock websites and I click this  link but how effective is it?