Hideout Idea for Strength/Endurance Building! ^^

Gamma281

I've been thinking about a possible solution to the great need for strength since the weight changes. My idea is a gym section in your Hideout. Have a treadmill for the endurance stat and weights to lift for strength. Either make them clickable and you gain a huge amount of XP for using them to the stat they are intended for with a huge cooldown so you can only do it about 1-2 times a day, or make it so that you have to manually sit and do the workout and gain stuff slowly over time. Sure the last idea with manually doing it will lead to a lot of macro abusers, but I'd rather have those people doing that in their Hideout instead of taking up raid PMC slots. ^^

Also as a little bonus speaking of stamina and stuff alike... why not make it so that leaning slowly drains your body stamina and blind-firing draining your arm stamina. I mean if A.D.S. is "heavy" for your character, then lifting the gun over your head is slightly heavier, no? xP

• Upvote 3
BanditMaka

Yes, I've seen it suggested (though not sure about here), I love the idea.
I pretty much knew what is was before I clicked as well, so I feel like they must have thought of this.
Hopefully it's coming.

Stam thing I can take or leave. ❤️

• Like 1

Yeah I hope they add something like it. Spamming nades and hitting team-mates is getting old just to get that Hideout upgrade for strength lvl3! xD

Kyuzo-Zekken
On 4/24/2020 at 7:12 AM, Thormato said:

Suggested more than once, so nothing original
Next time use the search function

Just like your shitty attitude.

• Upvote 1
Kyuzo-Zekken
12 hours ago, Thormato said:

Logic much? atleast use your brain if you want to insult me

There's also a thing called tact, which apparently your big brain never learned to use.

• 2 weeks later...
reaperpi

I love the idea of a training facility in your hideout.

A squat rack/pullup bar/bench rack in a dark bunker totally fits the vibe of PMCs in Tarkov.

I have some other thoughts on strength leveling here, I'd love your feedback on it: 

LasseNielsen

I like the idea of a upgradable hideout section thats a "Gym"

But it should give a % bonus til strength/endurance gains in game.

You should not be able to gain passive skill points by not playing the game. 

• Like 1
JeffreyLF
10 minutes ago, LasseNielsen said:

I like the idea of a upgradable hideout section thats a "Gym"

But it should give a % bonus til strength/endurance gains in game.

You should not be able to gain passive skill points by not playing the game. 

You also shouldn't have to play 1000 raids to passively level strength to 3, it's not realistic for everyone to get it through normal play

LasseNielsen
4 hours ago, JeffreyLF said:

You also shouldn't have to play 1000 raids to passively level strength to 3, it's not realistic for everyone to get it through normal play

No you're absolutely right.

I never use or carry a melee weapon in game, unless you plan to extract with red rebel. For me it's just another "safe" loot spot.
If you end in a situation where you need your melee weapon to kill your enemy, you gone fcked up in your planning.
And to level up your strength by melee people, we can all agree that isn't viable for most players.

If you don't carry grenades becourse they don't align with your playstyle. 

You would basicly never level your strength.

Strength like endurance, should level up when you are carrying 39kg or even 20kg. But it doesn't.

Maybe make it so, if you carry a rifle you passiv level your strength, the heavier the better.
If you wear a heavy armour/rig you should level your strength. The heavier the faster you level.

To combat hatchlings and pistolings, don't make weird game mechanics to target them, just make it better, more viable to not play that way.

• Like 1