List game improvements & suggestions

Vortex_Bear

On 2/7/2021 at 6:08 PM, Whoopy89 said:

Aaaand another post from "hardcore" player who fails to realize that Tarkov is no longer a niche game and it need to keep and attracts more and more people in order to keep being profitable. 

I'm not gonna go point by point because I some of your ideas are sooooo out of the place that I'm afraid you're too deep in love with your own perspective that nothing I'd say would change your mind.

I'm confident tho that BSG knows very well how to make the game even more popular and fun to play. (And as a backup I have Nikita's words that Tarkov is just as much RPG game as it is a shooter)

Oh and your idea of flea market changes and "muh realism!"... Yeeeeah.... I'm glad you're not a dev

With all respect, it's players like me who have been playing and contributing to this game early on, who helped in shaping it to what it is today. I don't understand why it is necessary to put a label on me in order to attempt to discredit or talk down on me.

The only thing I'm in agreement with you is that I do love and enjoy this game, and I keep thinking about it a lot over the years. Ultimately it's the developers who decide what gets implements, and I'm happy to know that some of my suggested improvements have already been implemented into the game since I have provided them here.

Be sure to keep your post in mind for when we have to move through entire maps to reach specific traders just so that we can buy and sell things, because that right there is going to take the game to hardcore extreme mode and it is a planned feature as confirmed by Nikita, unless anything has changed in the meantime. As I understand the current in-game market is still just a placeholder for the final version with in-raid accessible traders on various locations.

-PMC dogtags could have a value multiplier based on the survival rate of the PMC. Say a PMC has a 56% SR rate, the dogtag could have a value multiplier of x1.5 or x1.56. Optionally the SR rate could also be displayed on the dog tag to help understand who you went up against in terms of skill.

1 minute ago, Vortex_Bear said:

-PMC dogtags could have a value multiplier based on the survival rate of the PMC. Say a PMC has a 56% SR rate, the dogtag could have a value multiplier of x1.5 or x1.56. Optionally the SR rate could also be displayed on the dog tag to help understand who you went up against in terms of skill.

Could make for an interesting addition!

I can see it now...

• Kill juicy PMC
  • Rush over and take his stuff
  • Inspect his dogtag: 2% survival rate
  • Dog tag receives a negative multiplier
  • You have to pay traders to take it off your hands, discarding is not allowed

LOLOL!

• Thanks 1

Hi all fellow Tarkovers out there

I'm new to Tarkov, as I have only played the game for 1 1/2 month now. I have played a lot of all the common fps game on the market and have played computer games since the 90'ies. So my thoughts must be seen in that perspective, as I do not have any in depth knowledge about Tarkov. I'm a casual gamer that typically spends 8-10 hours a week on the game.

First of all, I must say this game is great. It has second to none compelling features that has made the game crawl under my skin like no other game has done in a very long time - fps in combination with rpg, amazing and really interesting.

I'm not going to dwell on all the bugs and smaller issues  that hopefully get reported, as this thread seems to have discussions on some of the "bigger" thoughts about the game and development (i.e. really good posts by Vortex).

So from a new players perspective with relatively limited time available (but who loves the game) what features could be fun (Not trying to start the whole discussion about how Tarkov should develop in general - more niche or more casual)?

Game mode: 
- Limitation (or something): Se a value/monetary cap on the game mode (i.e. 200K, 300K 400K) - you equip your PMC with stuff from your inventory. The equipment has value equivalent to the traders valuation of the items. You then join a game alone or with friends and have a pvp battle, no loot/loss, just FPS for the fun of it. <-- why not go and play CoD og BF? Because you wanna play Tarkov and need some sort of fun "training mode" that is better that the current offline mode. This is not and will never be the heart and soul of the game, but it would be appealing for practise aim/movement, casual fun, trying builds, training specific things with your squad and so on.

Hideout:
A "tech tree" overview in game about your hideout. 

Make development of the hideout so that certain things removes other options/possibilities, i.e. you wanna focus on weapons, you go down the "workbench road/branch" and this will exclude you from building some others things in the hideout. You might have better access to certain things but other stuff must bought or found in raids. Again, this will make every wipe different. Maybe have the ability to share stuff or combining stuff with "squad members/clan members". They added a "clan" thing to Dota 2 where members of the same guild get quests and players contribution to the clan benefits all the members. I think this could be developed into something really fun. Imagine if you and your 6 friends form an in game "clan" with a name and tag. You could declare war on others clans from a different factions, get specific quests that has to be solved by the clan as a whole. Have access to clan hideout, share certain stuff and so on.

A trophy case: A small case where you and other players could go and watch your acomplishments (killed SCAV boss XX 14 times, medal for 100 pmc kills and so on).

RPG-development:
When you have chosen your path as BEAR or USEC - let there be a difference. BEAR factions has access to specific traders and items vice cersa USEC. Will also incentivize people to try different factions after wipe. 

Add a new faction: Taken the above in consideration it could be fun with a third faction that has a middle eastern twist or maybe an Asain faction.

Maps:

A map that has different look with snow or dessert, so you have to suit up for that with special camouflague.

Just my 5 cents.

4 hours ago, Babushka_ULE said:

Hi all fellow Tarkovers out there

I'm new to Tarkov, as I have only played the game for 1 1/2 month now. I have played a lot of all the common fps game on the market and have played computer games since the 90'ies. So my thoughts must be seen in that perspective, as I do not have any in depth knowledge about Tarkov. I'm a casual gamer that typically spends 8-10 hours a week on the game.

First of all, I must say this game is great. It has second to none compelling features that has made the game crawl under my skin like no other game has done in a very long time - fps in combination with rpg, amazing and really interesting.

I'm not going to dwell on all the bugs and smaller issues  that hopefully get reported, as this thread seems to have discussions on some of the "bigger" thoughts about the game and development (i.e. really good posts by Vortex).

So from a new players perspective with relatively limited time available (but who loves the game) what features could be fun (Not trying to start the whole discussion about how Tarkov should develop in general - more niche or more casual)?

Game mode: 
- Limitation (or something): Se a value/monetary cap on the game mode (i.e. 200K, 300K 400K) - you equip your PMC with stuff from your inventory. The equipment has value equivalent to the traders valuation of the items. You then join a game alone or with friends and have a pvp battle, no loot/loss, just FPS for the fun of it. <-- why not go and play CoD og BF? Because you wanna play Tarkov and need some sort of fun "training mode" that is better that the current offline mode. This is not and will never be the heart and soul of the game, but it would be appealing for practise aim/movement, casual fun, trying builds, training specific things with your squad and so on.

Hideout:
A "tech tree" overview in game about your hideout. 

Make development of the hideout so that certain things removes other options/possibilities, i.e. you wanna focus on weapons, you go down the "workbench road/branch" and this will exclude you from building some others things in the hideout. You might have better access to certain things but other stuff must bought or found in raids. Again, this will make every wipe different. Maybe have the ability to share stuff or combining stuff with "squad members/clan members". They added a "clan" thing to Dota 2 where members of the same guild get quests and players contribution to the clan benefits all the members. I think this could be developed into something really fun. Imagine if you and your 6 friends form an in game "clan" with a name and tag. You could declare war on others clans from a different factions, get specific quests that has to be solved by the clan as a whole. Have access to clan hideout, share certain stuff and so on.

A trophy case: A small case where you and other players could go and watch your acomplishments (killed SCAV boss XX 14 times, medal for 100 pmc kills and so on).

RPG-development:
When you have chosen your path as BEAR or USEC - let there be a difference. BEAR factions has access to specific traders and items vice cersa USEC. Will also incentivize people to try different factions after wipe. 

Add a new faction: Taken the above in consideration it could be fun with a third faction that has a middle eastern twist or maybe an Asain faction.

Maps:

A map that has different look with snow or dessert, so you have to suit up for that with special camouflague.

Just my 5 cents.

I appreciate your post and ideas @Babushka_ULE.

-There is something like an arena mode planned, could even be a separate add-on or dlc that will focus more on pvp. Would definitely be cool to have some game modes such as having to find loot like in a battle royale kind of sense and other modes, maybe even rouble cap or completely random starting weapons/mods, everyone starting with the same initial loadout, etc... This could become big with esports but I see how that doesn't really fit the gritty story based lore of the main game.

-I'm totally with you when it comes to choice of factions, even to the point where you have to some degree, different traders (not all traders would be interested in dealing with all factions involved, although there could be some overlap, some traders who only deal with a specific faction and different quests involved with these). I also like the idea about skill development having hard choices and not being able to be the best at everything. However for this to work out BSG would also have to introduce a proper group system where you either have an additional group hideout, storage or even just a trading system, so you can benefit from different people advancing into different skill sets and have features in places so that you can move items between players more easily, other than trading in-raid. It could be then be debated if in-raid found status could be kept or not for any traded items to prevent this feature from becoming too overpowered, as in not giving groups or clans too much of an edge over solo players.

Oh some really great suggestions over here. I had some train of thought as well the last couple of days.

I think I would start with one of the biggest drastic changes:
*Multiple characters
-Hardcore gameplay
-Casual gameplay

Both speaking for themselves, making progression much slower and more difficult on hardcore servers, implementing the most difficult playthroughs.

Example of changes for Hardcore Servers:

*Market changes:
-Traders only sell basic stuff thus no high end gear, to obtain high end gear you have to go into a raid and you might have a chance  to find that great item.
-Traders, outside their basic stuff, can only sell what has been sold to them by PMC's; this can make the whole trader stuff more dynamic. 
-Make flea market barter only

*Healing changes:
-PMC can only do so much on the meds to himself
-Blood regeneration instead of simple use of med kit to restore HP points, hence complete use of bloodbag is required if it needs to be done quickly. 
-Using surgical kits is only possible by your buddy
-Stims being a drug making your PMC wanting to have those more, thus becoming a "junky"

*Gear changes
- just as all armor all the gear you wear can be destroyed and must be repaired at Ragman

*Gameplay changes
-Removing skills completely, more equal against eachother
-On each map have scav waves (I know that was present in the past) starting out with first wave that is "easy" scavs; next wave more geared scavs etc and completing last wave with wipe of the map by raiders (high end gear, lvl6 armors, lvl5 helmets and so on)

*Hideout
-weapon cleaning
-fixing broken gear 

Generally put the aspect on the hardcore survival more

Examples of changes for casual servers:

*Market changes
-Traders having no limits on stocks
-progression on traders through the amount of money spend instead of quests

*Keep healing as it is now.

*Gameplay changes:
-On each map have scav waves (I know that was present in the past) starting out with first wave that is "easy" scavs; next wave more geared scavs etc and completing last wave with wipe of the map by raiders (high end gear, lvl6 armors, lvl5 helmets and so on)

*Keep hideout as is

Just couple of my ideas

If a hardcore mode gets implemented I feel we need a second character, as otherwise the playerbase might get too fragmented, but I want to have a hardcore mode as well. Sometimes playing as scav and having to find loot makes for the most memorable experiences and raids and I'd love to have that for the PMC as well.

Ty for the comments Vortex

I hope what you wrote about the "arena mode" will be implemented some time down the road. If we try and elaborate a bit and take some of the suggestions into account it could be really cool.

If you had a squad/team with a shared hideout (you still have your own hideout) you could build a communications center of some sort. Clans could challenge each other - 4 vs. 4 on a small map (maybe some sections of the existing maps) or another game mode that the teams agree to. You could agree to put in a price to play for, maybe one teams needs a specific thing for the hideout, weapons, money or whatever and then put up a challange and other clans can then take on the challenge.

Another thing that could be added taken the above into consideration could be something like a "weekend cup" known from Dota 2. Your team can sign up for a tournament - round robin - winners takes a price and get rewarded to their trophy cabinet. 

I'm not trying to make the argument that the game should evolve away from what it is, a shooter with emphasis on realism.

"However for this to work out BSG would also have to introduce a proper group system where you either have an additional group hideout, storage or even just a trading system, so you can benefit from different people advancing into different skill sets and have features in places so that you can move items between players more easily, other than trading in-raid" <-- I am totally with you here, would be a very nice and useful addition to the game.

Hey,

Great idea for game improvement and higher player count would be, let players of similar skill level play against each other. The game isnt easy and its killing new players and obviously they wont recommend it to friends. Out my 6 friends 0 are still playing it ,just because people that play the game the entire day and probably dont work kill casual players.  Spawn locations should also be changed, my last raid was 6 seconds and i had dozens of raids which lasted under 10 seconds.  

Hey there

ØrangePresident I agree with you - there should be some kind of a match making system that in some way equals out the games more. If the player base needs to grow and be stable I think this i vital. there is nothing as boring as playing a game where you are completely overmatched - after all most play this game to have fun.

I heard Veritas and JesseKazam were discussing an open world Tarkov. Rather interesting. Imagine if the game was like a merger between EFT and Rust. Rust without endless farming and cartoonish style, but with Tarkovs gun play and military look. Imagine having a base on a Tarkov style map, where you go out to "farm" components for your base, crafting weapons and equipment - it would be awesome in my opinion. 

The whole "raid bases thing" from Rust should not be implemented (it is fun though) as this is what makes Rust almost a "lifestyle" where endless farming and grinding is necessary to have any succes. To get offline raided after 4 hours of gameplay is really not satisfying when you don't have 10 hours to spend every day. 

If the information provided by Veritas and JesseKazam holds up it sounds really interesting.

• 2 weeks later...

-Option to remove looting dot indicator (just the dot, not the text) both within the hideout and in-raid.

-Reducing hip fire accuracy at long and medium distances: In case people here are following the discussion, I definitely want to include a link to the discussion to one of @Spectator6's potential improvements on reducing hip fire accuracy, as I feel it is very well researched and planned out, even just in it's pure conceptual form, and I support the direction of exploring this topic and the potential ways to deal with the current issues 100%:

Edited by Vortex_Bear

-Weapon presets should be able to be turned into weapon blueprints (paper could be a requirement to create these). These should have found in raid status or always be tradeable and be 1x1 cell so we can sell it on the fleemarket or trade them in game to friends. These should then also fit into the documents case.

IDEA:

Add finally some sorting to the crafting a.k.a. favourite crafts. It is pain in the ass to scroll down all the time to look for the crafts and it is even worse when you have to scroll down and then market link the needed items, buy them and go back only to scroll down again and again and again ... it annoys AF and rambling about the anti-bot protection is a TRASH. If you want to follow this (stupid) reasoning then add the favourite crafts for people who got the crafting mastery or something like this!

I spent a lot of time to master my crafting and now I suffer 2x more from that scrolling crap (since i got 2 crafts in one station simultaneously).

What is more, Nikita mentioned there are almost NO cheaters in the game then what is the problem? Just add it to make the gaming experience better! I also hate this anti bot protection when buying the stuff on the market. I am a player who likes sitting in the hideout while watching some videos on the second monitor - it means that i buy a lot of stuff and it's ridiculous when you bot-test me several times douring 1 hour of gameplay! STOP IT, change the system to punish the bots and not the casual players :/ daaaaaaaaamn REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

5 hours ago, 0ne_puppy said:

IDEA:

Add finally some sorting to the crafting a.k.a. favourite crafts. It is pain in the ass to scroll down all the time to look for the crafts and it is even worse when you have to scroll down and then market link the needed items, buy them and go back only to scroll down again and again and again ... it annoys AF and rambling about the anti-bot protection is a TRASH. If you want to follow this (stupid) reasoning then add the favourite crafts for people who got the crafting mastery or something like this!

I spent a lot of time to master my crafting and now I suffer 2x more from that scrolling crap (since i got 2 crafts in one station simultaneously).

What is more, Nikita mentioned there are almost NO cheaters in the game then what is the problem? Just add it to make the gaming experience better! I also hate this anti bot protection when buying the stuff on the market. I am a player who likes sitting in the hideout while watching some videos on the second monitor - it means that i buy a lot of stuff and it's ridiculous when you bot-test me several times douring 1 hour of gameplay! STOP IT, change the system to punish the bots and not the casual players :/ daaaaaaaaamn REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Definitely we should discussing and putting more focus into quality of life changes and logical additions. Thanks for contributing to this thread.

• 2 weeks later...

-Nighttime needs to be darker and longer, currently the issue is that night raids are too well lit, so even without nvgs or flashlights you can see everything fairly well, with also makes scavs too viable without them using their flashlights.

-Scav, raider and boss gear is too repetitive, it's always the same few weapon presets they are using. The weapons themselves could be way more varied to allow for greater variety of found weapons, including modifications. There are lots of modifications which are never used by any scav or boss/raider.

A couple of QOL things that would be nice:

Presets/flea market: Find parts - please add a button that says "exclude parts already in inventory" - so that you can find and buy only the parts you need for your build.

Search/flea market: Add the possibility to search  flea market for items used for craft - just like when you search for gun parts via presets "find parts".

Craft list: Don't change the order of craftable items in hideout. When you click on for example on your workbench the order of craftable items changes from to time, really annoying.

Make presets/loadouts for PMC: PMC presets - being able to save a gear loadout so that you don't have to look for gear in boxes/containers/rigs etc. to put on your pmc. If you don't have the gear for the loadout you have chosen, give us on an option to "to use available gear from inventory" and then I can buy the missing parts (find parts on flea market - see above).

Move several items: Make it be possible to move several items in your inventory at the same time and move them at the same time (just like you do in Windows when holding down shift or ctrl to mark and move several files).

Task "button": It would be nice if you could sort the different tasks and minimize the description of the tasks again after having clicked on it (you have to click out of the task menu for it to minimize). It would also be nice to have a sort of "tech tree" view so you can see which quests interact/interfere with each other.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Babushka_ULE said:

A couple of QOL things that would be nice:

Presets/flea market: Find parts - please add a button that says "exclude parts already in inventory" - so that you can find and buy only the parts you need for your build.

Search/flea market: Add the possibility to search  flea market for items used for craft - just like when you search for gun parts via presets "find parts".

Craft list: Don't change the order of craftable items in hideout. When you click on for example on your workbench the order of craftable items changes from to time, really annoying.

Make presets/loadouts for PMC: PMC presets - being able to save a gear loadout so that you don't have to look for gear in boxes/containers/rigs etc. to put on your pmc. If you don't have the gear for the loadout you have chosen, give us on an option to "to use available gear from inventory" and then I can buy the missing parts (find parts on flea market - see above).

Move several items: Make it be possible to move several items in your inventory at the same time and move them at the same time (just like you do in Windows when holding down shift or ctrl to mark and move several files).

Task "button": It would be nice if you could sort the different tasks and minimize the description of the tasks again after having clicked on it (you have to click out of the task menu for it to minimize). It would also be nice to have a sort of "tech tree" view so you can see which quests interact/interfere with each other.

Not sure about how the dragging multiple items would work like, for example if you dragged 2x2 items on an area where one item is blocking one cell, could be a bit difficult to implement. I do like the other suggests a lot though. Definitely tasks should be sort-able by trader or map/task type or a combination of these parameters. Thanks for contributing to this thread.

This game needs to be tuned for new players to stand a chance. The vendors will sell a firearm but wont sell the clips or the ammo type for the fire arm. The vendors also need a static loot table that last longer then a few seconds. Every time I try and purchase certain things from fence it says this item has been sold. I mean wtf is it on the list , if it is going to be sold to some other player before I even have a chance to scroll down and actually look at the item. I should not have to compete with other players to buy things from the vendors that is what the flea market is for. 

Research I have done also indicates that flea market used to be available at level 5 why did it get moved to 10? I don't see a logical reason why all players don't have access to the flea market. You still have to live long enough to make any money to buy things from it.

The matchmaking should be based off of levels of characters not just throw everyone into whatever match for speed. You are not encouraging new players to stay when they get slaughtered by people using the best ammo and high end weapons in the game. Create some sort of bracket system so new players can face new players and if they want to party up with a higher level friend then they get lumped into the higher level bracket.

Scav runs should have an internal timer that allows you to go on another scav run if you get killed within the first 2 mins of the run. Getting locked to a 20 min cd because of instant death before you can take 15 steps is bad form for new players. 

From what i can tell from research there are a few websites that sell undetected wall hacks and aimbots. Why would any new player hang around to be killed 3 secs into any run by a player who is cheating. You are not encouraging anyone new to the content to hang around when its next to impossible to progress or make money due to the current system.  Me and a friend were on customs and got shot through a big green truck that says welcome to tarkov on the side.  It happened though armor less than 2 seconds apart by same player and he one shot killed us both. Another example I spawned PMC on Factory turned a round upon load in took 3 steps and got one shot. 

The way the system is now its next to impossible to actually bring anything out of a raid. Due to new players being lumped into battles with geared over powered players, or people just plain cheating. It has made my first few days of this game frustrating to no end which is sad because I really like the concept of this game. 

@cipher2012this is not the game that holds your hands and what I see is that you are demanding the game to change so you can enjoy it. It's not going to happen. This might not be the right game for you, and the suggestions you make can easily be seen to come from a new and less experienced player. There is a huge learning curve to this game, if you want to be good at it you have to keep at it and improve.

You can purchase plenty of stuff including mags and ammo from lvl 1 traders, enough so to take down geared players if you know what you are doing. Learn the game and how ammo system works, as well as the maps, hotspots, places of interests, how to move between cover, etc... and you'll be fine. Fence is a bit weird but basically things are displayed fresh and sold to first player purchasing, some of it will be changed.

In my opinion the game was more immersive before we had any flee market at all, and I think the level requirement for the flee market should even be upped to level 20 or 30 even, so you really have to work your way up to it and to prevent players from simply purchasing all the quest items, keys and hideout resources too easily and progress through the quests as if they are simply minor chores, as it happens now.

Matching doesn't exist in real life. What you go up against is what you go up against, be it a low level low experience character, small group of highly geared players or a 4 man group of player scavs with nothing to lose. This is the charm and unpredictability of this game, which is what makes it so intense. Changing this to appease newbies will only wreck the game for everyone else. There is absolutely nothing better than running into a group of players as a solo player and coming out of top through outsmarting them and making smart choices. There is no other game where you can have anything like it.

Scav runs are a possibility to gain more things with zero risk, you get one try, make it count. Why should have multiple tries if you keep messing up? Doesn't make sense. Think about it, if your idea was implemented most people would just keep playing as scavs only and STILL complain that they can not make any money from it, because it was never the problem to begin with.

When I started playing I died to literally everything, even just scavs with makarov pistols, and this is after playing shooters basically my entire life including higher level CS clans, etc.. It's just the nature of the game. Take the punishment and rise through it or leave and play something else.

note that this topic is intended to discuss refinements and logical additions to the game, not to hear about people complaining about cheaters which is an obvious issue, and dying due to lack of experience, taking the focus away from important discussions that are already being hugely diluted due to the influx of new players, all complaining about the same things over and over again, literally everywhere.

If there is going to be a min level of 10 before you have access to the flea market, then there should be some system in place to where you don't go into raid with people who are lvl 10+ until you get there. It's ridiculously difficult to do anything, even for good players, when everyone you come across has the highest end gear and you have basically nothing.

2 hours ago, Tidekiller237 said:

If there is going to be a min level of 10 before you have access to the flea market, then there should be some system in place to where you don't go into raid with people who are lvl 10+ until you get there. It's ridiculously difficult to do anything, even for good players, when everyone you come across has the highest end gear and you have basically nothing.

You go Prapor and get SKS, or Skier and get Adar, put inside ammo, line up on ugly head of target, clicky the trigger, go take profit home into stash. If you take down thicc boi, you eat tushonka and drink voda. Then go do again. Where is problem?

• 3 months later...

In an effort to keep possible game improvement suggestions somewhat condensed and central I'm adding this suggestion made by @Fakte:

-When repairing equipment, the equipment will be handed over to the trader, who will then require a certain amount of time until the equipment will be handed back repaired. Repair time will be influenced by factors such as gun type, armor type level as well as condition of the item to be repaired. This will make it so that you will have to make a decision to either repair equipment and it being unavailable or taking it into a raid as it but risking the weapon to jam and protective equipment having less durability.