Jump to content

List game improvements & suggestions


Vortex_Bear
 Share

Recommended Posts

-Negative Fence reputation notifications for Scav players should be moved to the after action raid report for following reason. When you are in combat as a player scav and you manage to take down a player scav, you don't need to confirm the kill because of the message doing this for you, allowing you to be even more aggressive with pushing on instead of taking your time to clear the area and confirm the kill. This is negatively affecting gameplay because kills always need to be confirmed, and sometimes you never know that you took out an enemy until you get to see the after action report.

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

The malfunction message shouldn't have to be shown in the bottom right when you get one, especially not with it telling you what key combination you need to do to clear it.

You should have to figure it out yourself (how to clear it), and it should be noticeable in the animation or sound that you have gotten malfunction.

  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

In real life, on some guns (at least the AK in my personal experience) you can move the safety/selector without making noise.
On the AK you sort of pinch it and force it onward little by little. It's slow to do, but it's quiet.
In the game you can do it with an exploit. Rather than removing that exploit, I think they should consider making it a feature.

Trading speed for stealth.

Edited by Hvrskv
  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

-When placing quest items, the countdown timer text box twitches around due to the size constantly changing. Maybe this can be fixed so it stays at a constant width instead?

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

The recent efforts to standardize scope FOV's needs more attention.

Eye-relief is not 100% the same across the board from scope to scope, so why would they standardize scope distances?

IMO, the better way to approach it would be for them to set head positions from gun to gun based on cheek weld/stock length and then modify the rail position accordingly to be within the eye relief distance.

Would some scopes take up more or less FOV? Sure. But IMO, that would be a more accurate representation than what we have now.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, Spectator6 said:

so why would they standardize scope distances?

Possible explanation is that BSG is moving toward adjustable scopes position on the rail as this mechanic was mentioned as planned. If they plan to add this mechanic in the next major patch, maybe what we see now is just a work in process

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I like the combining healing items idea, but a lot of the other ideas is already possible  (like smoke nades can be put on hotbar), and rewarding xp to players for using gear will translate to a even bigger gap between the player base so its unnecessary. 

As someone who has been playing the game for a long time, you have to remember that there is a lot of people that have not played it for a long time. Try to keep ideas more considerate of less experienced players.

Far as CMS kits, how would you feel if you got sprayed by 3 separate PMCs and lost all your limbs to the point of not even being able to fight anymore? Youll just be a walking loot bag at that point and itll push people into playing in groups even more.

Some people like playing solo and a change like that would completely duck us.

There is one idea I liked in particular, jumping down from height while carrying gear would break your legs even at 5 feet or so in real life. Seeing people jump from 2 story buildings naked is pretty ridiculous as it is, but carrying 40+ lbs/18+ Kgs? downright impossible.

Select fire and other noises are louder in the game than in real life by a decent amount.

There is a lot of room for improvement in the audio by itself, and id perfer they focus on that well before worrying about tinted scopes or silly quality of life improvements that wont make any real difference.

Edited by aceprojectx
Link to comment
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, Andrudis said:

Possible explanation is that BSG is moving toward adjustable scopes position on the rail as this mechanic was mentioned as planned. If they plan to add this mechanic in the next major patch, maybe what we see now is just a work in process

Yes, good reminder @Andrudis!

Another one of those been-on-the-TODO-list-forever items that I still hope makes the final cut :)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, aceprojectx said:

There is one idea I liked in particular, jumping down from height while carrying gear would break your legs even at 5 feet or so in real life. Seeing people jump from 2 story buildings naked is pretty ridiculous as it is, but carrying 40+ lbs/18+ Kgs? downright impossible.

Definitely!

Fall damage does currently scale with total carry weight, though I agree it could be an even more pronounced effect because too many players still take advantage of "drop down from nowhere" kills.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Spectator6 said:

Definitely!

Fall damage does currently scale with total carry weight, though I agree it could be an even more pronounced effect because too many players still take advantage of "drop down from nowhere" kills.

Yeah, while it is possible to jump from that high, you wont be landing on your feet safety without breaking your knees\ankles, lol

Edited by aceprojectx
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'd like to see the ingame maps be re-incorporated in some way. 

For example, maybe quest areas could be marked/circled by the the Traders as they become available to the player. Maybe as the player discovers extract points, they too could be marked/noted on the maps in some way.

A similar feature could be used to give players "individual" tasks/quests from time to time as well. I'm imagining the player receiving a message from The Rapist Therapist, "Morning! I've heard there's a stranded shipment of meds in Customs. I'm not sure how long it will be there, so my advice is to get there soon! Bring a map with you into a Raid, and I'll circle it on there for you..."

And then, while in raid, the player pulls up his map to see where it's located. Maybe the map along with its "marked" location could become lootable item for other players to discover should they kill the player?

There are a lot of really interesting places they could take this, IMO.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/12/2021 at 10:23 PM, Spectator6 said:

I'd like to see the ingame maps be re-incorporated in some way. 

For example, maybe quest areas could be marked/circled by the the Traders as they become available to the player. Maybe as the player discovers extract points, they too could be marked/noted on the maps in some way.

A similar feature could be used to give players "individual" tasks/quests from time to time as well. I'm imagining the player receiving a message from The Rapist Therapist, "Morning! I've heard there's a stranded shipment of meds in Customs. I'm not sure how long it will be there, so my advice is to get there soon! Bring a map with you into a Raid, and I'll circle it on there for you..."

And then, while in raid, the player pulls up his map to see where it's located. Maybe the map along with its "marked" location could become lootable item for other players to discover should they kill the player?

There are a lot of really interesting places they could take this, IMO.

Love the idea! These kind of daily quests could also be used to turn low activity areas on some maps into spots that players need to go to and actively search.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

-Scav group amounts should be limited for each map. I was just today fighting 3 or 4 groups of scavs on Reserve of about 3-4 scavs each, who all decided to group up and be friendly towards each other. I was getting trapped inside the white knight building after my friend got taken out, with multiple scavs throwing grenades and taunting at me, and I ended up killing 8 player scavs in total, with the 9th taking me out and more still remaining. It was a bit too much. Some balance needs to be found if player scavs keep grouping up in large numbers.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

-Implement a Diablo 2 style trading system between friends or clan members. Traded items should lose their found in raid status.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

-Scav karma should be balanced out more to the point where player scavs should still be able to decide to shoot other player scavs on sight or betray them, but retain the ability to improve their negative karma more easily than it's now, which right now is very, very hard to do. If you are a scav with very low karma you almost don't have any reason not to shoot other player scavs because of how hard it is to regain it.

There needs to be a better middle ground so that player scavs don't feel forced to group up each time, being afraid of receiving negative karma that they can not improve. After all, these people are cut throat savages so there should always be an element of distrust and danger between them. The game should entice player scavs to make the conscious decision of risking negative karma for potentially better loot or defending yourself at each confrontation, and also having them be on the edge at all times over other player scavs making their decision, not to prevent scav on scav fights entirely as it is currently.

-Scav karma should also improve at the end of the raid slightly if you didn't shoot or hurt a single scav and remained peaceful the entire raid.

-Scav karma status updates should also be moved to the after action report, you shouldn't be able to know exactly how karma affects you at all times, but have to resort to your own judgement while in raid.

-Various gun stances such as a high and low ready stance would greatly enhance scav gameplay, as you could tell if someone wanted to shoot you, indicated by the player raising and aiming the weapon at you, which previously was pointed at the floor.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

37 minutes ago, Vortex_Bear said:

-Scav karma should be balanced out more to the point where player scavs should still be able to decide to shoot other player scavs on sight or betray them, but retain the ability to improve their negative karma more easily than it's now, which right now is very, very hard to do. If you are a scav with very low karma you almost don't have any reason not to shoot other player scavs because of how hard it is to regain it.

There needs to be a better middle ground so that player scavs don't feel forced to group up each time, being afraid of receiving negative karma that they can not improve. After all, these people are cut throat savages so there should always be an element of distrust and danger between them. The game should entice player scavs to make the conscious decision of risking negative karma for potentially better loot or defending yourself at each confrontation, and also having them be on the edge at all times over other player scavs making their decision, not to prevent scav on scav fights entirely as it is currently.

-Scav karma should also improve at the end of the raid slightly if you didn't shoot or hurt a single scav and remained peaceful the entire raid.

-Scav karma status updates should also be moved to the after action report, you shouldn't be able to know exactly how karma affects you at all times, but have to resort to your own judgement while in raid.

-Various gun stances such as a high and low ready stance would greatly enhance scav gameplay, as you could tell if someone wanted to shoot you, indicated by the player raising and aiming the weapon at you, which previously was pointed at the floor.

Yeah, I see what you're saying. In a lot of ways, per the game's own flavor text, scavs are supposed to be in more of a grey area, dog-eat-dog type of situation.

I'm still not sure how I feel about scav runs having some sort of "eye in the sky" keeping track of how naughty or nice of a scav you've been for Christmas.

That said, I definitely see the "problem" of trying to influence player behaviors. IIRC, Kayne and Lynch's online mode had a "backstab" feature. Everyone runs for the getaway car and no one was *really* sure whether or not someone would betray the group and try to kill everyone and keep everything for himself. And because the consequences of negative behavior were so light or even nonexistent, it didn't really add anything to the game. That dynamic become something that annoyed people more than one that added to the drama/tension of the experience.

Which makes me wonder... What if an altogether different metric could be used to "drive" scav karma?

For example... 

  • What if the major contributing factor was simply, "How often does the player extract with other scavs NOT in his own party?"
  • What if this were modified in some way by the value of goods the other scav/s extract with?
  • By how MANY other scavs extracted with?

In this way, perhaps the player would feel incentivized in the OUTCOME of his raids. And let the game largely "ignore" the various goings on within the raid.

Rather than keep a running tally of how many times scav player A attacks another scav or whatever, what if it's simply, "Hey, did you help other people get out with some good stuff?"

But even then, the tricky part seems to be what are the downsides? Should a scav be penalized for acting selfishly? And what metrics drive that determination?

Which makes me wonder... 

How much of this mechanic is meant to discourage scav players getting "free loot" from organizing a mass killing of raiders to get "free upgrades" for their PMC?

Hmm.... (thinking)

Edited by Spectator6
clarify, typos
  • Hot 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

-Unlocking the flee market reputation/selling slots is very hard. I'm selling literally everything to the flee market and with level 36 I still haven't unlocked the 4th slot. I'd suggest to open the 4th slot at 5 reputation and the 5th at 10 reputation already. I have only ever once unlocked the 5th space within the timeframe of a whole wipe and I play almost daily, I don't think that most casual players will even have a chance of unlocking the 4th slot with how the system currently is.

-There are many smaller geometric issues in various maps, such as grass clipping through house walls on shoreline and other other issues of objects either being physically disconnected or clipping into each other. It would be nice if you could dedicate a single person to check through each map for such clipping issues and fix these, to make the maps more polished.

-There are various small tweaks you could implement, many of which have been suggested here, such as a more logical gun sorting order in the skills window, separate grenade/flashbang/smoke keybinds in the options, ability to set laser mode, optics zoom mode, reticle mode and ranging within the character screen, etc... which may have low priority at this moment, however even dedicating a single person to such low priority tasks, and going about implementing these gradually, will add a nice feel of polish to the game and will make it less raw feeling.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 hours ago, Spectator6 said:

Yeah, I see what you're saying. In a lot of ways, per the game's own flavor text, scavs are supposed to be in more of a grey area, dog-eat-dog type of situation.

I'm still not sure how I feel about scav runs having some sort of "eye in the sky" keeping track of how naughty or nice of a scav you've been for Christmas.

That said, I definitely see the "problem" of trying to influence player behaviors. IIRC, Kayne and Lynch's online mode had a "backstab" feature. Everyone runs for the getaway car and no one was *really* sure whether or not someone would betray the group and try to kill everyone and keep everything for himself. And because the consequences of negative behavior were so light or even nonexistent, it didn't really add anything to the game. That dynamic become something that annoyed people more than one that added to the drama/tension of the experience.

Which makes me wonder... What if an altogether different metric could be used to "drive" scav karma?

For example... 

  • What if the major contributing factor was simply, "How often does the player extract with other scavs NOT in his own party?"
  • What if this were modified in some way by the value of goods the other scav/s extract with?
  • By how MANY other scavs extracted with?

In this way, perhaps the player would feel incentivized in the OUTCOME of his raids. And let the game largely "ignore" the various goings on within the raid.

Rather than keep a running tally of how many times scav player A attacks another scav or whatever, what if it's simply, "Hey, did you help other people get out with some good stuff?"

But even then, the tricky part seems to be what are the downsides? Should a scav be penalized for acting selfishly? And what metrics drive that determination?

Which makes me wonder... 

How much of this mechanic is meant to discourage scav players getting "free loot" from organizing a mass killing of raiders to get "free upgrades" for their PMC?

Hmm.... (thinking)

I totally love these concepts. Just today I was fighting against a group of two player scavs, and after the fight I grouped up with a friendly player scav, which I gave some nice loot to, and in turn he protected me from an AI scav before we both extracted together via the train in reserve.

In my opinion, I shouldn't be punished by having shot player scavs who were clearly demonstrating very aggressive behavior and previously engaged in a big fight killing a bunch of raiders, even if I shot them first when I moved towards them, and I definitely feel I should have received positive karma for extracting with the unknown player scav.

What I see with the current system is that it's not working too well, in the sense that if you get into a fight, your enemy misses your shots but you manage to hit him first and take him out, you end up receiving bad karma. A very rigid, who shot first karma system, is clearly not going to work, because sometimes you have to shoot first to defend yourself or you end up getting the first hit even if being fired upon first.

It definitely could use a more complex system with multiple layers, which BSG could also keep secret to prevent people from directly studying and abusing these mechanics.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Suggestion: If you're going to introduce a ping auto-kick into the game, then remove the ability for people to switch to different countries and make it localized server switching only. Helps people not have to struggle to try to reconnect every 10 seconds to try and make exfil, only to lose everything. Only makes sense, right? :)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

-Can you add the legal names of all traders and their country of origin back into the popup windows when you hover over the question mark? I thought it was a nice touch to the game.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

-Changing faceshields on helmets both equipped and un-equipped should take a small amount of time and not be instant.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

-Customs dorms extraction car uses an audio file that loops in a really weird way. Maybe the audio file can be made longer and looped so that it sounds more continuous and even?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share


×
×
  • Create New...