WhiskeyBravoVA

Using Player's Stolen Gear to Repair Gear in Stash

WhiskeyBravoVA

Seeing as Nikita has said the the flea market will be for found-in-raid items only, maybe there should be an ability to break down player's gear for repair resources. There was a mention of dogtags possibly being a type of currency (a sum of all the lvls of the dogtags you have in stash) so maybe player's gear that you stole in raid could break down into a type of repair resource (or currency). These points could be dependent on the health of the gear you stole and a 'Repair' skill that allows you to extract more repair resources out of the items. Those resources could then be applied to existing gear within your stash to repair them, allowing an addition repair option so you don't have to spend Rubles every time. The 'Repair' skill could also be leveled up so that it could take less repair resources to repair gear.

Just a thought I would like some discussion around seeing as it seems like the gear I would exit the raid with will now only be able to be sold to vendors.

• Upvote 1

NoSerialBliky

All for it, called equipment cannibalizing or cannibalization or something in real life.

Kyuzo-Zekken
12 hours ago, WhiskeyBravoVA said:

Seeing as Nikita has said the the flea market will be for found-in-raid items only, maybe there should be an ability to break down player's gear for repair resources. There was a mention of dogtags possibly being a type of currency (a sum of all the lvls of the dogtags you have in stash) so maybe player's gear that you stole in raid could break down into a type of repair resource (or currency). These points could be dependent on the health of the gear you stole and a 'Repair' skill that allows you to extract more repair resources out of the items. Those resources could then be applied to existing gear within your stash to repair them, allowing an addition repair option so you don't have to spend Rubles every time. The 'Repair' skill could also be leveled up so that it could take less repair resources to repair gear.

Just a thought I would like some discussion around seeing as it seems like the gear I would exit the raid with will now only be able to be sold to vendors.

Might not be a great zombie game but 7 days to die has a pretty decent equipment cannibalization system in place, it would work well enough in this game since you can find "generic" weapon parts in the world right now.