fourskineater

Just upgraded! NDA for alpha

fourskineater

Just upgraded to the Left Behind Edition! Hopefully I get into the alpha :~)!!!!! My question is, if we do get into the alpha, do we get to at least talk about the alpha or is it completely mouth closed? 

Much love

Thomas :~)

• Upvote 1

McGral

The Alpha is mouth closed (with risk of banning for leaks).

The Beta however you can freely stream/speak.

Kabbz
18 minutes ago, McGral said:

The Alpha is mouth closed (with risk of banning for leaks).

The Beta however you can freely stream/speak.

I thought that both betas were under NDA or is that only closed beta?

McGral
3 minutes ago, Kabbz said:

I thought that both betas were under NDA or is that only closed beta?

https://www.reddit.com/r/EscapefromTarkov/comments/40bmjn/greetings_from_battlestate_games_team/cyugsoi

-I forgot to ask, but what will the NDA be like for Escape From Tarkov? Will we be able to stream the alpha/beta on Twitch.tv?

-on beta yes on alpha - no

Edited by McGral

Fatchu

Thank god for this topic I was about to go 140 into this game but it's not worth the alpha access if I can't record and stream it. 

• Upvote 1

Recontiger94

Please use the search topic. I think this gets answered at least twice a week.

Alpha: NDA in effect. Accounts posting footage will be banned, and most likely wont be refunded.

Beta: No NDA, Stream/record footage all you want. contact [email protected] with your social media/youtube/stream info for higher placement in the beta drawing.

crbarden92

Pretty sure I saw one of the developers write that you may speak about it, just no screen shots or video.

Scruffy
On February 11, 2016 at 9:45 AM, Fatchu said:

Thank god for this topic I was about to go 140 into this game but it's not worth the alpha access if I can't record and stream it. 

Paying $140 is worth for few more reasons apart of what your intentions are. 

Let me elaborate:

1.early access to the gameplay which will make you better at this game before it is released

2. Opportunity to report bugs, therefore make game better.

3. Starting bonuses

4. showing support for indie game and dev team that are creating this game with huge passion

5. Fill it yourself ;)

Edited by Scruffy
  • Upvote 1

1-800-Get-Rags
On 2/14/2016 at 8:52 PM, Scruffy said:

Paying $140 is worth for few more reasons apart of what your intentions are. 

Let me elaborate:

1.early access to the gameplay which will make you better at this game before it is released

2. Opportunity to report bugs, therefore make game better.

3. Starting bonuses

4. showing support for indie game and dev team that are creating this game with huge passion

5. Fill it yourself ;)

Some of these reasons seem a little iffy to me. 

You shouldn't have to pay for the "opportunity to report bugs". You're literally saying that a reason to give BattleState money is so that we can tell them what bugs are in the game. That seems like something that one shouldn't have to pay for.

And if you list the starting bonuses as a reason for preordering the biggest edition, then how can you reasonably justify that these bonuses are worth paying $140 for, but are not paying to win or paying for power?

Number 4 seems odd, too. You are making this game with such passion that you're letting people give you $140 for a product that has no unscripted footage or playable demo of any kind? To me, and to many people, that does not sound like it's passion. That sounds like you want money before the product is actually put on the market.

I'm not trolling you or ragging on you. As a consumer in a marketplace that's fraught with shady developers and bad business practices and a person who is legitimately interested in this game's development, I would really appreciate legitimate answers or an attempt at discussion. 

I make videos for Youtube as a side hobby, and I preordered this game for the guaranteed Alpha access. But I am about to refund it since there is an NDA on the Alpha footage. Are these other reasons of yours worth $140 dollars? Let's be frank...that's a huge chunk of cash for a game. That's not out. That's not a AAA game. That has no unscripted footage. That has no playable demo.

Surely you can understand why many consumers in the video game industry have serious qualms, right? What would you tell us to convince us that Battlestate is worthy of that risky cash drop?

• Upvote 1

Scruffy

@1-800-Get-Rags

I agree with you in your points, however, I just wanted to show at the time, that access alpha is not the only reason to purchase EOD.

Not everyone will purchase EOD. Package bonuses were enough for me to give that amount of money, probably not good enough for everyone.

When I mentioned starting bonus, I want you to have in mind that almost all those bonuses are obtainable in time for any other package and this doesn't give an unfair advantage down the road.

That was my personal opinion at the time and my reasonings behind the value of the game.

Cheers

George Young
16 minutes ago, 1-800-Get-Rags said:

You shouldn't have to pay for the "opportunity to report bugs". You're literally saying that a reason to give BattleState money is so that we can tell them what bugs are in the game. That seems like something that one shouldn't have to pay for.

And if you list the starting bonuses as a reason for preordering the biggest edition, then how can you reasonably justify that these bonuses are worth paying $140 for, but are not paying to win or paying for power?

Number 4 seems odd, too. You are making this game with such passion that you're letting people give you $140 for a product that has no unscripted footage or playable demo of any kind? To me, and to many people, that does not sound like it's passion. That sounds like you want money before the product is actually put on the market.

I'm not trolling you or ragging on you. As a consumer in a marketplace that's fraught with shady developers and bad business practices and a person who is legitimately interested in this game's development, I would really appreciate legitimate answers or an attempt at discussion. 

I make videos for Youtube as a side hobby, and I preordered this game for the guaranteed Alpha access. But I am about to refund it since there is an NDA on the Alpha footage. Are these other reasons of yours worth $140 dollars? Let's be frank...that's a huge chunk of cash for a game. That's not out. That's not a AAA game. That has no unscripted footage. That has no playable demo.

Surely you can understand why many consumers in the video game industry have serious qualms, right? What would you tell us to convince us that Battlestate is worthy of that risky cash drop?

Yeah agree, but sometimes the man should let himself float with the hype, btw I'll just buy myself into the beta, but good luck with the refund, it's around 99.9% shure u won't get any:D 

Next time read about the product u buy! And my friend this is totally your fault and u cannot blame the industry nor the developers...

Europoor
1 hour ago, 1-800-Get-Rags said:

But to reassure you, alpha will not take for too long.

Gambles

Alpha is still scheduled for Q1 (end of march?) from what I've read. Correct?

Scruffy
35 minutes ago, Gambles said:

pr.jpg

• Upvote 1

Drekal
41 minutes ago, Gambles said:

Dude, look at today's date xD

Alpha dev stream is scheduled for saturday, so we can expect the alpha to come out after that. They might even give a date for it at the end of the streams :3

DCG_Wulf

@1-800-Get-Rags  I don't remember what post it was on, but I'm pretty sure @Claus mentioned that the pre order wasnt going to happen initially. They had the funding and support already to finish the game. The community pushed for a chance to play and test the product, so they created the packages.

• Upvote 2

Keza
1 hour ago, Gambles said:

There is no fixed schedule...only good intentions!

Scruffy
27 minutes ago, DCG_Wulf said:

@1-800-Get-Rags  I don't remember what post it was on, but I'm pretty sure @Claus mentioned that the pre order wasnt going to happen initially. They had the funding and support already to finish the game. The community pushed for a chance to play and test the product, so they created the packages.

^^This

DCG_Wulf
13 minutes ago, Scruffy said:

^^This

IS SPARTA!!!

Scruffy
2 minutes ago, DCG_Wulf said:

IS SPARTA!!!

bb4442aa_this-is-sparta-caution-wet-floo

• Upvote 1

Dex (Aust)

No - This is SPARTA. LOL

Brave-French-Bulldog.gif

• Upvote 2

Nyctea

We were glad to know that people appreciate our game as much as to offer a financial support to development. The torrent of letters in our inbox on the topic of financing/crowdfunding/preorders following the announcement finally convinced us to launch pre-orders; however, we have been developing this game for 2 years with our own means and would continue to do so even without preorders.

That notwithstanding, we are really grateful to the people who support us by investing their time and/or money. It is really invigorating to know that there are people out there who share your vision and believe in you so much.

As for refunds, there is a point in the Terms and Conditions of pre-order purchase that says we will only do them if the game is not released - i.e., never. We are sure we will finish it, and we do not currently have enough lawyers, accountants and support agents to do refunds all over the world in multiple payment systems, losing money on transaction fees and taxes (some which are not refundable, so players lose too).

• Upvote 2

MadStalker

Faith and Hope men, that's why you pay 150$

mark_nader

The mindset of some individuals who pre-order a game always interests me. On one hand you get those that just honestly want to contribute to the development financially, and in some cases receive access to test them game. On another hand you get those who feel entitled to receive special treatment and do with the product however they like before the release. 

I know a small selection of developers allow users to stream,record, and upload content of their products. But in the end that normally leads to a vast amount of misinformation, poor representation, and bad press. 

So in that respect I'm more than happy to not stream or record the Alpha. It's easy to find this information, so it should not come as any surprise. Beta will be here soon enough. If you want the edge on other streamers or youtubers prepare your scripts ahead of time for content, map out your videos in advance, and set time tables for content releases once beta begins. This way you've got everything set except the video content and you can use the first day of Beta to fill out most of the video.