barricade127

Question about modding

barricade127

I know that modding will be moderated by the admins, but are we allowed to add in content like NPC animals, more weapons and a new map? I was hoping to make something like DayZ for ARMA(the mod won't be about zombies), so it will have custom servers but not affect the main game in any way(Inability to join main servers with mod, not affect stats). It will not be monetized in any way as it is to help me and my friends better our skills with Unity 5. If we are allowed to, we will most likely release a free download of the mod for everyone to use as long as they have purchased the game. 

Thanks in advance!

barricade127

Also, if people are interested, I will release the details of the mod me and my friends are planning to make.

Recontiger94

Read the FAQs and such.

Moding might be allowed, but probably not. And any Mods that are allowed will be closely curated by the Developers. Things that change gameplay will definitely not be allowed.

eftcurious

Mods always sound like a good idea at first glance, but mods separate player base.  you have 200 people on their server all by themselves because they want this, and that, and no one is playing with anyone.  It's a multiplayer game and mods = divided player base.

DrStone

Despite all the negatives of modding I think a metro 2033 mod would just be the cats pajama's.latest?cb=20121009162918

• Upvote 1

Bloodshot_pico

Allowing modding = A longer life span this can be seen across a various amount of games.

• Upvote 1