New karma system real?

Is this something that is really coming to the game? because if so i am literally quitting this moment.. I think it is the STUPIDEST idea they will ever put in the game.

• Sad 3
  • Upvote 1
Spectro887

If it were applied only to the scav would be a good thing, so the unnecessary violence between scav would end, most of the times that you are killed by another scav player is totally useless, collaborating in certain cases can lead to exit from the raid with much more loot.

Edited by Spectro887
  • Like 2
Grimm285
28 minutes ago, Dzeaz said:

Sad day.

mostly the karma system is only going to be for scav runs at first, probably to test the system out and figure out what works.  There also isn't going to be any gun jamming because you have low karama.  It originally was said it would only effect trader stuff buuuut only certain traders and they still talk about re working the traders, like some traders might be actually on maps

Basically as the other guy said, everything is just ideas they have put out and constantly changing.  The devs have said they want it to be an experience where if you saw a usec under fire and you are usec you would go help that person,  like their raid show series.  BUT for anyone that has played back in the Arma 2 days like myself we know that karma systems where people can be good or bad 90% of people choose to just shoot everyone (then again under that system going negative karma aka bandit wasn't a bad thing just a different path)

So realistically right now we have no real information on what if any the karma system will be.  First we will see how they do it with scavs then if they decide to move forward we will see what they might do with main factions

• Upvote 1
Gender_Pronouns

I don't get the part with attacking PMC players of the same faction. How are you even suppose to tell in the first place? Everyone's kit looks the same until you get to see their dog tags.

• Upvote 1
chrisragnar
5 hours ago, Spectro887 said:

If it were applied only to the scav would be a good thing, so the unnecessary violence between scav would end, most of the times that you are killed by another scav player is totally useless, collaborating in certain cases can lead to exit from the raid with much more loot.

Scavs won't have karma and they were never intended to be forced to cooperate. It's litterly in the loading screen that scavs kill eachother for loot.

Ok,so what's gonna happen is BEAR vs USEC or PMC's vs SCAVS and that's it.

The concept of friendly fire and so on is quite interesting but basically this will change the game totally from a giant all vs all to "Oh duck a pmc,he is friendly?he is a BEAR like me?what about if he see me and shoot first?shall i go away?shall i drop him down and duck it?".

Also identification matters,the only truly difference between BEAR and USEC are the uniforms,and apart for that is gonna be nearly impossible to have time to acquire a target and discriminate it just from the uniform,not only because we will basically never have a still standing target ready to make himself identifing to everybody,but also because the decision progress wich i've mentioned above or the conditions wich such process it will be made(think about a night raid or when using a thermal....).

Doing that without jeopardize ourself and get killed in the meantime is absolutely ridicolous,it would have more sense if they will add some sore of IFF  pocket radar that interacts with the mounted optics but then it will be....i don't know i'm just making assumptions here.

Will see later on how this karma system will be done and eventually start to rant or not on it.

Edited by Jolly_Roger88
Mr____________X

Kharma for PMC's makes zero sense... it is unrealistic and adds nothing but bad things to the game.  This is a near apocalyptic zone without rule of law, both PMC factions have no leadership, hence they are not all on the same team.

For scavs it makes sense due to the AI not shooting fellow scavs at first and that these are supposedly groups that work together, until they dont at least.

oldforester

If the Karma system is making you leave the game, then … I for one am one of the players that will not miss you. Goodbye. :)

• Like 1
  • Hot 1
  • Cold 1
  • Sad 1
  • Upvote 2
skyflashde

I just wish the Karma system would be in game much sooner so that we actually get a tactical shooter instead of the Fortnite we have now.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

I can understand nikita well, they are stuck because they have to deal with bugs and cheaters. In its place, I would disable everything that doesn't work well to contain it. Then they have the rest to finish everything.

• Upvote 1
_Lazarus
On 4/30/2020 at 11:49 AM, oldforester said:

If the Karma system is making you leave the game, then … I for one am one of the players that will not miss you. Goodbye. :)

So edgy bro!

• Upvote 1
  • 1 month later...
Gideon_Kaine

Yeah - I really don't care if you quit because of something like that. I for one welcome to karma system. I am a friendly player; and I continue to be one even when it gets me killed sometimes. If I open a room and a hatchling is cowering in it; I ignore him and walk away if he doesn't run at me. I have let player scavs live when I knew they were a player; because there is no benefit for me to kill them for their shitty no stock AK or PM Pistol and anger all the nearby Scavs. The players who immediately gun you down as you spawn in on factory just to get killed by the three other Scavs standing nearby NEVER cease to amaze me with how stupid and unbeneficial that is to them.

I am tired of just scavving around; minding my own business - thinking that the scav nearby is an AI - just to have him shoot me in the back of the head as I walk by. I do not shoot scavs on sight as a scav because it's something I don't want to deal with. It is more beneficial for me to keep an army of allied scavs nearby in case of a geared PMC. It increases my chances of surviving and getting out with some loot. Scavs are all part of the same faction for a reason. You can cry 'well it's realistic to shoot people you don't trust in these situations! they could shoot you in the back!' - Yeah and randomly possessing a scav to do your bidding is? Screw off. Stop murdering other player scavs who aren't bothering you. Work together to kill the geared PMCs who have loot worth a duck - and have some form of integrity.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1
Gideon_Kaine
On 4/29/2020 at 3:07 PM, Mr____________X said:

Kharma for PMC's makes zero sense... it is unrealistic and adds nothing but bad things to the game.  This is a near apocalyptic zone without rule of law, both PMC factions have no leadership, hence they are not all on the same team.

For scavs it makes sense due to the AI not shooting fellow scavs at first and that these are supposedly groups that work together, until they dont at least.

This is not true. The lore clearly dictates that these are two factions who were working towards opposite goals. BEAR was investigating TerraGroup on behalf of the Russian Government - and USEC was destroying evidence of their illegal activities. Just like the video said; realistic military operations identify their targets to decide if they should engage or not. Just because the area has become an apocalyptic survival war zone does not mean that suddenly every single PMC in that faction loses all loyalty. 

You could have been really good friends with that BEAR Operative before everything went to hell. If you ran into him again - after loss of chain of command - are you really going to shoot someone that you've worked with for years? In real life - if you are a psychopath - maybe you would. The realistic human reaction is - oh crap, that's Jim - we've been friends in this Private Military Group for years - we should totally work together so we don't end up dead.

Edited by Gideon_Kaine
  • Like 2
  • 5 months later...

I think the game would be much more fun, if it was not KOS. Like at least trying to cooperate, take time to understand what another player are up to, from what faction they are, instead of shooting everything that moves, we have so many games like that already. I don't know how to make people come along, it should be some combination of punishment and reward, like double XP for exiting with a member of the same faction and cooldown timer, similar to what we have on scavs, for killing members of the same faction. In future would be amazing to have some team scenarios like during the raid BEARs need to steal some documents and USEC needs to protect them or vice versa

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2
vor 6 Stunden schrieb EvanZ63:

I think the game would be much more fun, if it was not KOS. Like at least trying to cooperate, take time to understand what another player are up to, from what faction they are, instead of shooting everything that moves, we have so many games like that already. I don't know how to make people come along, it should be some combination of punishment and reward, like double XP for exiting with a member of the same faction and cooldown timer, similar to what we have on scavs, for killing members of the same faction. In future would be amazing to have some team scenarios like during the raid BEARs need to steal some documents and USEC needs to protect them or vice versa

In EfT, KoS is all you can do. And only KoS is also rewarded. EfT has no endgame, and EfT has no midgame, EfT has nothing. It's just a shooting gallery with no point. The quests are 90% just complete nonsense. Something new is supposed to come, but I'm afraid that's also just complete nonsense.

There should be a task for each faction when the round starts. A generic one depending on the map. BSG could add a new one every few weeks.

No XP for teamkills, no loot from team mates. XP only for completing tasks and not for PvP kills. Change the looting system so that looting is only interesting for scavs. Randomly generated loot after the round for all those who helped complete the task. So that a raid is really a raid at last. Currently everything is just a stupid deathmatch arena with looting.

• 1 month later...
BigDirtii

As someone who loves this game for the PvP it provides, I would be open to a Karma system, as long as there's avenues for those who like PvP to continue playing the game they love. Make night raids a free for all, something like this. How the hell are we supposed to do shooter born in heaven if we can't fight half the map? People who complain that PvPing is annoying must not be trying to do the Kappa push, which literally explicitly requires PvP in a vast majority of the quests.

If this were implemented ALOT would have to change along with it. This is my third wipe, and I've neared lvl 50 each wipe. I don't want this game to turn into the poo show that fallout 76 is.

Cobain1234
vor 39 Minuten schrieb BigDirtii:

If this were implemented ALOT would have to change along with it.

Ya no poo.

Like they need to actually start creating the game that they advertised.

What we are currently playing is NOT the game they were trying to create. Not at all.

This wasn't advertised as a deathmatch style PvP game.

We need the Karma system, we need the story, we need to stop the incentives to just kill everything on sight.

We also need to give fat rewards for doing the things this game is about:

ESCAPING. SURVIVING.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
Overkill_Reaper

I go entire raids with seeing little to no action far more than I care to already. I just can’t see how a karma system to limit the action even further would be a positive change. 

Nomad510

shooting all scavs on sight, add all the karma you want it will change my behavior 0%, cant trust any of you bastards. but really your basically just adding tagged and cursed to my scav so i don't have to look for them as hard i see no downside.

kthomasr
On 6/18/2020 at 8:42 AM, Gideon_Kaine said:

You could have been really good friends with that BEAR Operative before everything went to hell. If you ran into him again - after loss of chain of command - are you really going to shoot someone that you've worked with for years? In real life - if you are a psychopath - maybe you would. The realistic human reaction is - oh crap, that's Jim - we've been friends in this Private Military Group for years - we should totally work together so we don't end up dead.

When I read this, it immediately reminded me of Deadpool... Timestamp 1:10 if you dont wanna watch the entire thing.

• Hot 1
DrParanoia

I suppose if they add a GPS module (same slot as a compass), which will be essentially a GPS device with an LCD screen that shows nearby allies, then it could work. You would need to check the GPS often to not just shoot everyone (think Counter-Strike radar, but more realistic and an actual device you have to use).

Edited by DrParanoia
  • 2 months later...
FN-OGRE-58
On 4/28/2020 at 7:07 PM, _Lazarus said:

Is this something that is really coming to the game? because if so i am literally quitting this moment.. I think it is the STUPIDEST idea they will ever put in the game.

Bye felicia