About bans

TheWay

Dear Escapers!

About bans:

1. Everybody can actually appeal to BattlEye with a ban case (you can write to them directly). Also BattlEye unban people from time to time due to their false-positives, although it is really really rare.
  2. Tweak was banned by manual mistake (it's not related to cheat accusation videos or BattlEye) and it literally was a single specific case. Human factor is always a thing and we immediately checked that no one else was banned by that mistake.

We do not favoritize anyone. Again, you CAN appeal to BattlEye. If they cannot help you and you still thinking it was a mistake, after you get a response from them - write to our support.

Thank you!

• Like 9
  • Confused 3
  • Upvote 10

im guessing reporting someones name is going to be hard as the game allowed us to change name easily. Im guessing there is logs but what are the chances of two or more different people switches name accidentally and get banned?

Something to suggest and maybe add later, kill cams, only when full team dies. If someone leaves the team before everyone dies can't view. But give option watch teammate. Afterwards can see how they die and report any suspicious players. 

• Like 3
  • Hot 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Kriegs said:

im guessing reporting someones name is going to be hard as the game allowed us to change name easily. Im guessing there is logs but what are the chances of two or more different people switches name accidentally and get banned?

I would assume that when you report the username, it will take the user's UUID and record against that

but tweak, why he got unbanned when 2 people proof recording him glitching around? its obvious that on his screen everything is normal, i guess this streamer got a expensive cheat to stream, also pestilly and some other streamers are using radars hacks, 40k people spamming in the chat but the eyes on a second monitor always before he peaks?? wtf is this there are so much hinds that this people are obvious cheating but only cause they are famous streamers they get unbanned? srsly?

• Cold 1
  • Sad 7
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, BreakingDreads said:

but tweak, why he got unbanned when 2 people proof recording him glitching around? its obvious that on his screen everything is normal, i guess this streamer got a expensive cheat to stream, also pestilly and some other streamers are using radars hacks, 40k people spamming in the chat but the eyes on a second monitor always before he peaks?? wtf is this there are so much hinds that this people are obvious cheating but only cause they are famous streamers they get unbanned? srsly?

Do you want me to craft you a fabulous tinfoil hat?

• Thanks 1
  • Hot 1
  • Upvote 6

Gerade eben schrieb LE_MOFO:

Do you want me to craft you a fabulous tinfoil hat?

pls do it :D i dont want that you believe this! ofc there will always people who defend them, but just check on your own u will find enough fishy actions never ever legit...

• Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 2

9 minutes ago, rarik332 said:

How can I open up a thread? I want to report a cheater with evidence but i cant find it

If youre gonna respond to a post, at least take the time to read it. Theres 6 replies before it and the 7th has the answer with a link to what youre looking for, the cheater report megathread.

5 hours ago, AI_Oracle said:

Something to suggest and maybe add later, kill cams, only when full team dies. If someone leaves the team before everyone dies can't view. But give option watch teammate. Afterwards can see how they die and report any suspicious players. 

This has been confirmed to never happen, by other BSG members and Nikita himself. KillCam has no place in game like this. Not during or after the raid. If you wanna find out why, you can search older KillCam suggestion posts to see lengthy discussions there.

There are too many external players in the game, so too many players want to give up the game, and most of the external players are from China, so I hope that the Asian server can be divided into 2 servers, China and Asia, and the use of vpn is prohibited. Got a reply.

I am a Chinese, an international student in Australia. Many Chinese players use network accelerators to hack in Sydney server. Yesterday I had more than a fifty percent chance of getting killed by hackers and their ID are all chinese ID. Could you lock ping to 150 to stop Asian players going to the Sydney server, they should stay in Asian server.

Edited by houyuanzhe
  • Hot 1
  • Upvote 1

16 hours ago, ItsLittany said:

I would assume that when you report the username, it will take the user's UUID and record against that

ah you mean their PK in database? right

What about content creators using 3rd party software?

Also, 50k cheaters confirm banned just for march 2020, will you re-think about progression through any kind of offline gameplay?

I love the game so far, to be honest its the best fps on the market, but due to all the business made around it (cheats development, ingame money and objects (black)markets) i dont want to play it anymore.
There is no more fun playing because there is no fairness at this point.
You cannot know if you are playing against other fair players. Not to mention the new postFx adjustable ingame.

I sincerely hope you will find a way out of this.
With deepest respect.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Baat said:

What about content creators using 3rd party software?

Also, 50k cheaters confirm banned just for march 2020, will you re-think about progression through any kind of offline gameplay?

I love the game so far, to be honest its the best fps on the market, but due to all the business made around it (cheats development, ingame money and objects (black)markets) i dont want to play it anymore.
There is no more fun playing because there is no fairness at this point.
You cannot know if you are playing against other fair players. Not to mention the new postFx adjustable ingame.

I sincerely hope you will find a way out of this.
With deepest respect.

I cant agree with you more, but its one off those thing you cant shut down expl. they shut down Pirate bay another one pops up. It nearly imposible to stop it. I dont care that some get money by paying better that then to cheat to be honest...

On 4/29/2020 at 1:08 PM, AI_Oracle said:

We suggested a lock out VOD untill server closes down and  the game then allows you access.

• Like 1

On 4/29/2020 at 8:14 AM, BreakingDreads said:

get your tin foil hat, this conspiracy theory will knock your undetected anti government surveillance trailer truck explode with the truth! git gud

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

On 5/10/2020 at 2:24 PM, KuhanaKokica said:

Anti cheat is trash and manual bans are gonna get players that never cheated banned..

so true, people getting banned for apparently cheating but its not that they just followed other players until there were in a position where it favoured them and not the guy they were hunting down, like using a thermal in the night or waiting at choke points for them to try and creep around.

seen too many videos of people apparently cheating who are not, and I've reported so many players for cheating but now I've actually played and experienced the game i look back at them and think actually no they could of fired from so many places i just didn't know the map well enough to see them that was all.

like don't get me wrong there is a lot of obvious cheating but then the number of false reports far out weights that of actual cheaters

Edited by pryme4180

• 3 months later...
On 4/29/2020 at 11:56 AM, TheWay said:

Dear Escapers!

About bans:

1. Everybody can actually appeal to BattlEye with a ban case (you can write to them directly). Also BattlEye unban people from time to time due to their false-positives, although it is really really rare.
  2. Tweak was banned by manual mistake (it's not related to cheat accusation videos or BattlEye) and it literally was a single specific case. Human factor is always a thing and we immediately checked that no one else was banned by that mistake.

We do not favoritize anyone. Again, you CAN appeal to BattlEye. If they cannot help you and you still thinking it was a mistake, after you get a response from them - write to our support.

Thank you!

Sorry but I don't believe it! I was banned for nothing and i received no explenation from BSG, Anton and Tweak have beem unbanned just because they are famous...
Implement "serious" anticheat software instead of banning with mistakes!!!! It's unfair!!!!

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, Xarc said:

@Charles1969 You can make appeal to BattlEye.

12 hours ago, Charles1969 said:

Sorry but I don't believe it! I was banned for nothing and i received no explenation from BSG, Anton and Tweak have beem unbanned just because they are famous...
Implement "serious" anticheat software instead of banning with mistakes!!!! It's unfair!!!!

I can confirm that if you message BattlEye in an email that it will eventually sort itself out. I truly didn't cheat and got an email saying I was banned under BSG's "deception" rules 3 days after the wipe on my only account. It was actually saddening because it was my first time ever being banned on anything and I had no direction. BSG's support didn't help because they relay it to BattlEye, but the issue I had was it was pretty much no communication. My emails felt like they fell on deaf ears because I never got a respone. One day, I decided to log in to my main account after I bought a 2nd account and played on it for a month and a half almost even and saw I wasn't banned on the forums anymore. I was like "what? wait...." and logged in. Sure enough, I was able to login and play, but by that point my 2nd account passed my main. If you truly didn't cheat, you should be fine I think. I've logged hundreds of hours on BattlEye anti-cheat with ARK, PUBG, etc. so I don't know what flagged on me or why it did for obvious reasons. I'm just glad to have my account back that I never play on because it's not as progressed now.

My experience was exactly the same as bbplayer514.... i received a ban email one day after 12.6 dropped. It came as a shock to say the least. Been playing since end of 2017 and would never cheat or rmt or anything.

Anyway I sent about 20+ emails to battlestate and to Battleye. Battleye never responded aside from the confirmation email. BSG did send a couple replies but it was always the same. " you need to contact Battleye and only after they respond will they look into it" 

it took about 45 days but one day when I booted my pc up I decided to try and I could log on.  

So if you have been  banned and its truly unwarranted than I should work out eventually. Atleast that was my experience and I know of other people who had the same.  It sucks that once your banned you lose access to forum though. It limits your options to contact support if it was false. 

• 2 weeks later...

New player. Never played shooters before. COH2 top100, lichess around 2000.

1. For what exactly do they ban? 

Any AHK script = ban?

Any gaming mouse = ban?

2. Do they warn first that something is not allowed or just silently close account forever. 

3. Bans permanent?

Edited by Zastava172

I was banned in 2019 (or 2018) i have Never cheated and have never received a reason for the ban, i bought a new account and of course have never had any trouble, i just want my name cleared,....is there any possibility of this?

Edited by _Dodger

17 minutes ago, _Dodger said:

I was banned in 2019 (or 2018) i have Never cheated and have never received a reason for the ban, i bought a new account and of course have never had any trouble, i just want my name cleared,....is there any possibility of this?

battleye support