Sign in to follow this  
Ramjali

20 Round Magazines for AK weapons please!

Ramjali
Posted (edited)

Copy of my reddit suggestion:  https://old.reddit.com/r/EscapefromTarkov/comments/gc5ecv/it_would_make_my_world_if_there_were_20rnd_mags/

Truth be told, I'm a rat player which always takes cheap but good enough (for self defense) rifles in battle. This usually means I am a big fan of the 762 VEPR and AKMs. My setup is a Sainsbury "basic" range 1x spec'd rifle, 1x bag, some first-aid & with nothing more. Good enough to defend against scavs, pistolings, mosinlings and hatchlings. Enough to 1 tap any unsuspecting chads.

But a big crux has forced me to take the ADARs instead. The issue is that the AK rifles have no 20 round mags for 7.62 and 5.56 rifles.

• 10rnd mags are too little for a firefight. Essentially useless.
  • 30rnd mags while useful, take up 2 slots, meaning you need chest rigs.
  • I consider 30+rnds mags as dead weight as extended firefights mean that something has gone wrong in my ambush equation. Rats have no staying power, which chads have.

The main reason why I take ADAR is for that 20rnd pmag which is not too little, not too much, perfectly balanced, as all things should be. I'm not a chad player so anything above 20rnds is usually useless as I'm not gonna survive any extended slugging match where armour comes in play.

Would a dev or someone else let me know if there are plans for a 20rnd mags for AK small arms? I would rather take the VEPR/AK than the ADAR if possible.

Note: I don't like the SKS as it's not very modular and awkward without expensive mods.

Edited by Ramjali
  • Like 2
  • Cold 1

TheHappyMile

I'd love to see that, too. 20-round ADAR is really nice, would like to do the same with an AK-type

Ramjali

I know the meta currently is just the expensive rifles such as a the M4 and VSS, but i think there needs to be more focus on the lower end weapons.  slot 20rnd mags for the AK rifles will help those with budget orientated play style in similar vien to ADAR but worse characteristics. 

Not sure how a 20 rnd mag for AK systems have not be implemented yet. 

british_marine

load 20 rounds in 30 round mag

GeneralBrus
vor 21 Stunden schrieb british_marine:

load 20 rounds in 30 round mag

Doesnt turn it into a 1 slot item, jackass lol

• Thanks 1