kanseii

Low fps/ Do i need to upgrade?

kanseii

Hello all, thank you for reading, 

I´m playing at my laptop equipped with: 

- i7-7500 [email protected]/2.9GHZ 

- 16GB of ram (8GBx2 ddr4) 

- nvidia geforce gtx 960m GPU

- Two SSD´s having windows on separate built in m2 (240Gb sata3 & built in m2 slot with OS) 

The issue is for me that two weeks ago I was able to get around 50-60fps on customs, but now i struggle with 30ish with lags during shootouts which is terrible and basically unplayable. 

I want to state that I have tried almost everything that I could find around reddit, youtube and forums, my nvidia settings are all set to performance as visible on the pics, also the battery settings, compatibility of the eft.exe file & the hdr and bloom in txt file, the ingame settings are also in the pics, I´ve set priority to high in task manager, deleted the pc´s temp.files etc. etc. 

I´m currently clueless about what to do. Do I have to upgrade the hardware? Is there something wrong with my settings? Is there a problem on the other side?-dev´s; as I was able to play before normally and now I struggle. I have really enjoyed the game so far and  I would definitely like to continue playing with my friends, but with 30 fps, its just such a pain.

Is there anyone out there having the time and will to help a fellow out? 

Thx for any replies!!! :)

2020-05-05[13-39] (1).png

2020-05-05[13-39] (2).png

Screenshot_1.jpg

Screenshot_2.jpg

Screenshot_3.jpg

Screenshot_4.jpg

Screenshot_5.jpg

Screenshot_6.jpg

spanna
18 minutes ago, kanseii said:

I´m playing at my laptop equipped with: 

18 minutes ago, kanseii said:

- nvidia geforce gtx 960m GPU

This  is your problem I think, a Laptop just doesn't have what it takes to push out any more fps, you've done amazingly to get 30 like you said, whats it like in a smaller map like factory ?

kanseii
Spoiler
15 minutes ago, spanna said:

This  is your problem I think, a Laptop just doesn't have what it takes to push out any more fps, you've done amazingly to get 30 like you said, whats it like in a smaller map like factory ?

Hey, thx for the reply, I´ve tried it out. 

Its the same: 25-30ish 

2020-05-05[14-17]_4.0, 5.2, 34.7_0.0, 1.0, -0.1, 0.2 (0).png

spanna
Spoiler

try putting that setting on performance mode ?

41 minutes ago, kanseii said:

Screenshot_4.jpg

Try changing that to;  use my preference emphasizing: performance (the last box)?

kanseii
Spoiler
41 minutes ago, spanna said:
  Reveal hidden contents

try putting that setting on performance mode ?

Try changing that to;  use my preference emphasizing: performance (the last box)?

Hey, tried that. Sadly no improvements 

spanna

AW, well dude, Did you try disk cleanup yet also ?

kanseii
Spoiler
37 minutes ago, spanna said:

AW, well dude, Did you try disk cleanup yet also ?

I´ve done that yeah... I´ve also tried uninstalling and deleting all the tarkov files, and downloading it again. No results 

spanna

Are you running the game in fullscreen mode?

kanseii
Spoiler
3 minutes ago, spanna said:

Are you running the game in fullscreen mode?

of course yes, its in the settings :)

TheWhistler

Hey there Kanseii, sorry you are having issues running the game. Sadly I think Spanna might be right, especially in regards to you GPU. However, I am curious, do you play with your laptop plugged in?

kanseii
Spoiler
Just now, TheWhistler said:

Hey there Kanseii, sorry you are having issues running the game. Sadly I think Spanna might be right, especially in regards to you GPU. However, I am curious, do you play with your laptop plugged in?

Hi Whistler, Yes I am. What makes me wonder is the fact that before the game was much smoother and I havent done anything to game or the pc before the drop... That´s why I´m trying to find a solution.. 

TheWhistler

I completely understand. It's very odd that you have noticed such a dip in performance. What about PostFX, have you messed with that at all?

kanseii
Spoiler
12 minutes ago, TheWhistler said:

I completely understand. It's very odd that you have noticed such a dip in performance. What about PostFX, have you messed with that at all?

Nope, I dont think that would help, I have it off. 

TheWhistler
Posted (edited)

I was just making sure you had it off. That's the only new major thing they have implemented that I can think of that would mess with your FPS. I guess the only other thing I can suggest is messing with your antialiasing, sometimes TAA can mess with your FPS. I'd even try and see if it runs better without VSync but, if you had all these settings the same as before I don't see why there is such a big difference. If none of that works hopefully a following update will fix it or someone else can give better advice.

Best of luck.

Edited by TheWhistler

mend0k

Upgrading your RAM may help a tad bit. I was averaging around the same FPS, maybe a tad bit better with my 1060 6GB/2500k/16GB DDR3 1600MHz, 1080p widescreen.

After upgrading my cpu to 9700 and my ram to 32GB DDR4 3000MHz it is doing a bit better even though my GPU is the same, also running with on a 1440p screen now as well.

Kinda odd since I was monitoring my hardware while playing and my GPU was always the one going to 100% while CPU and memory were about ~80%, now the load is much lower on my CPU/RAM, BUT, I am still using more memory than before as now I avg 12GB usage whereas before it was at 8GB (when I had 16GB). The speed bump increase is significant also for my memory modules since it almost doubled, frequency wise (un-sure of the timing)

I will be getting a 2070 super next week and IF my profile finally gets "unstuck" from "Leaving the game",  then i'll post an update.

spanna

Please let us know how you get on, I'd like to see you get it fixed tbh..

Ventron

With that low power, I would turn the resolution down.

kanseii
Spoiler
On 5/6/2020 at 2:15 AM, mend0k said:

Upgrading your RAM may help a tad bit. I was averaging around the same FPS, maybe a tad bit better with my 1060 6GB/2500k/16GB DDR3 1600MHz, 1080p widescreen.

After upgrading my cpu to 9700 and my ram to 32GB DDR4 3000MHz it is doing a bit better even though my GPU is the same, also running with on a 1440p screen now as well.

Kinda odd since I was monitoring my hardware while playing and my GPU was always the one going to 100% while CPU and memory were about ~80%, now the load is much lower on my CPU/RAM, BUT, I am still using more memory than before as now I avg 12GB usage whereas before it was at 8GB (when I had 16GB). The speed bump increase is significant also for my memory modules since it almost doubled, frequency wise (un-sure of the timing)

I will be getting a 2070 super next week and IF my profile finally gets "unstuck" from "Leaving the game",  then i'll post an update.

Updating a ram isnt an option for me here, no slots left, I thought 16gigs enough :/ Will see... 

Spoiler
16 hours ago, Ventron said:

With that low power, I would turn the resolution down.

getting lower res hasnt improved anything at all even after re-setting the settings... :/ 

So I´ve messed with the settings and Im able to pull off 40-50ish on customs right now on text. med, shadow high and TAA High with 0.5 downgrading.. Im satisfied with that so far, but other maps like interchange or factory are hell ... :/ Thank you all for replies 

• Like 1