Jump to content
Helljumper5031

New Player. Should I wait till wipe or keep playing to learn.

Recommended Posts

Helljumper5031

Hello,

I've had the game for about 2 weeks now and just hit level 9.  Been loving this game so far :) but since were close to a wipe I been dealing with a lot more players who have been going fully geared out and it's been tough to keep up with just a SKS or Mosin.  It feels great to kill someone and take their gear but I am still at a disadvantage since my traders are level 1 and I don't have that much Roubles for the flea market to buy good ammo, armor, guns etc. I been feeling like their no point of playing since I'm new and trying to progress is a waste of time with a wipe just around the corner. Looting just doesn't feel as good since it doesn't matter in a couple of weeks and I can't go full Chad when I lack resources. It sucks getting an amazing gun from a player and i can't even buy ammo, mags and attachments for it.

Do you guys believe I should just wait till wipe or should I still play just to learn?

Any advice is helpful,

Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Madiakz

Hello @Helljumper5031

I think even as a new player it is still a good time to play as you can learn the maps, extracts and high traffic areas/routes which will definitely help when the wipe comes.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
GeneralBrus

Yeah you should 100% use this time to plan how to start next wipe. Learn the maps, think about what loadout you want to use!

However dont think too much about where to look for the best loot, cuz static loot spots are getting changed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
TheWhistler

Hey there Helljumper, as these two said, it's a great time to learn maps, extracts, and get everything together so you know more when next wipe comes. Something I find fun late wipe like this (when I'm not fully geared 90% of the time) is bringing in a Hunter with M61 (in your case I would use M80, it will do the job) or a Mosin with really any ammo (I prefer 7N1 but it can be expensive sometimes) and if you keep your distance you can pick off some really geared players and come out with some good stuff (as long as you play carefully). It feels good to go from something not so great to high tier gear, even when you have the money to do what you want. Also, use your Scav to your advantage. This is a time when you might come across a geared body that has not even been looted (I have in the past couple of days) and you can just scavenge what is left from the big firefights to give yourself a fighting chance. Otherwise, I completely agree with these guys, lurk around and get used to extracts, this will help so much when wipe comes. Even though the big boys are out, you still have a good chance to get stacked.

Best of luck.

Edited by TheWhistler

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sleepyyy

Hey @Helljumper5031, pretty much what everyone before me said. You should take this pre-wipe time to try and learn a bit more about the game itself, quests, maps, etc. Don't think too much about dying or gear in general, as you know there's a lot of people at the peak of gear. There will soon be a pre-wipe event which should be fun and in some past cases, there was one in which all traders get unlocked and all items are cheap, meaning you will get a chance yourself of playing with good gear, no matter what level you are or how much money you have in your stash.  Until then I suggest you keep pushing forward your quests, and improving your playstyle so when the new wipe/patch hits you are ready for action, just like the rest of us are, and as TheWhistler also said, vepr hunter is a really good low cost weapon due to the ammo it carries, the mosin is also good but since its a bolt action you might have an easier time using the vepr hunter.

See you in Tarkov!

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
RikiCro

Best help is to watch some youtube videos tutorials etc, or ask the Sherpas to help you i know they will help you!

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Alexandre_5

Keep playing dude, that way when you start in the next patch you already have knowledge of the game, locations, names, extraction names so you can guide yourself to extraction.

If you are low on weapons and equipment, do Scav runs, that's always a good way to learn places, bring loot to your hideout and make money.

We are always learning in Tarkov, even when we die we learn, well at least not to pick 3 times in the same corner. LOL.

Good Luck in Tarkov.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
AlecStation

Does the wipe clear out all stats AND money, gear etc? I've been saving money but now is that a waste since it too will be wiped?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
TheWhistler
9 minutes ago, AlecStation said:

Does the wipe clear out all stats AND money, gear etc? I've been saving money but now is that a waste since it too will be wiped?

That is correct Alec, wipe clears level, gear, money, all of it. Everyone resets. Saving money is not really a waste because now you can spend it and enjoy it until wipe to do what ever you want. (You reset back to what ever your edition of the game comes with) Also:

Quote

The wipe will take place in 0.12.6, however, we will save the progress of examining items and weapon presets.

(from Podcast highlights)

More information on wipes here:

 

Edited by TheWhistler
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
AlecStation

Good to know from that article that wipes will stop when the game is released. Just wish we knew when that would be! 😬

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Helljumper5031
8 hours ago, Sleepyyy said:

Hey @Helljumper5031, pretty much what everyone before me said. You should take this pre-wipe time to try and learn a bit more about the game itself, quests, maps, etc. Don't think too much about dying or gear in general, as you know there's a lot of people at the peak of gear. There will soon be a pre-wipe event which should be fun and in some past cases, there was one in which all traders get unlocked and all items are cheap, meaning you will get a chance yourself of playing with good gear, no matter what level you are or how much money you have in your stash.  Until then I suggest you keep pushing forward your quests, and improving your playstyle so when the new wipe/patch hits you are ready for action, just like the rest of us are, and as TheWhistler also said, vepr hunter is a really good low cost weapon due to the ammo it carries, the mosin is also good but since its a bolt action you might have an easier time using the vepr hunter.

See you in Tarkov!

I really liked your advice @Sleepyyy.  Well definitely keep on playing to improve till next wipe. I pretty much know customs like the back of my hand now but I think I'm going to try to get out of my comfort zone to learn more. 

also thank you everyone for the amazing advice ❤️ 

Stay safe everyone!

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Piledrive
21 hours ago, Helljumper5031 said:

Hello,

I've had the game for about 2 weeks now and just hit level 9.  Been loving this game so far :) but since were close to a wipe I been dealing with a lot more players who have been going fully geared out and it's been tough to keep up with just a SKS or Mosin.  It feels great to kill someone and take their gear but I am still at a disadvantage since my traders are level 1 and I don't have that much Roubles for the flea market to buy good ammo, armor, guns etc. I been feeling like their no point of playing since I'm new and trying to progress is a waste of time with a wipe just around the corner. Looting just doesn't feel as good since it doesn't matter in a couple of weeks and I can't go full Chad when I lack resources. It sucks getting an amazing gun from a player and i can't even buy ammo, mags and attachments for it.

Do you guys believe I should just wait till wipe or should I still play just to learn?

Any advice is helpful,

Thanks!

well wipe will be either this week (today or tommorrow) or next week at the latest.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
TheWhistler
28 minutes ago, Piledrive said:

well wipe will be either this week (today or tommorrow) or next week at the latest.

As much as we are excited for wipe I'm not sure I'd go this far. We will get more information the closer wipe gets. Plus, we still have pre-wipe events to do. We still have at least a week, likely a couple. I would  more likely go off of sometime this month if everything goes well. Either way, we have no official day yet (or even week for that matter).

Edited by TheWhistler

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
fast_eddie

Could do a character reset and get all your starting gear back?

Or, buy East Wing 107 and 226/222 key and do some night time loot runs to the resort. I make roughly half a mil each run. You will need a weapon with a torch. 

Keep playing and learning. Good luck! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...
b38e7c858218a416ef714554dce933a2