Theron550

Please remove 250 limit ping

Theron550

It just doesnt do us any justice whatsoever to us LATAM players. I live in Argentina and i should be connecting to Brazil, but my routing is not that great so EFT chooses Miami servers, in which I get 180 ping.

If by any reason i get a ping spike, i get automatically kicked. I CANT play without any friends.

Game was fine before this absurd ping limit. Got any problems with chinese players? Region lock them.

Its not our fault.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 5

IRagnar
On 5/9/2020 at 2:54 AM, Theron550 said:

It just doesnt do us any justice whatsoever to us LATAM players. I live in Argentina and i should be connecting to Brazil, but my routing is not that great so EFT chooses Miami servers, in which I get 180 ping.

If by any reason i get a ping spike, i get automatically kicked. I CANT play without any friends.

Game was fine before this absurd ping limit. Got any problems with chinese players? Region lock them.

Its not our fault.

Try playing on EU servers when chinese players are on. They "teleport" all over the place.

• Like 1
  • Hot 2

Thormato

Its not only about chinese players, we dont want anyone playing on servers with 200+ Ping, why should they allow you to ruin others experience because you want to play with your friends?

• Like 1
  • Hot 1
  • Cold 1
  • Sad 2
  • Upvote 2

Fannon
Posted (edited)

I tried talking about this when they first introduced it and all I got was people yelling that I'm as bad as hackers and don't deserve to play if I don't have good internet.

I actually live in USA. Northern Mississippi to be exact. The area I live in does not run internet lines outside of the city and I live outside of the city. That left me with 2 options. Satalite internet that can't play any FPS or Wireless internet bounced to a tower I had put up in my back yard.

I choose to put the tower up because it allows me to play FPS. Now the issue is my ping fluctuates drastically. From 120ms to 350ms sometimes 400ms. It'll fluctuate above 250 just long enough for me to get disconnected. I can't play a match without disconnecting every 5 minutes so I technically can't play this game anymore. I always chose Miami Server even before ping limit because it was the one that gave me the best ping, yet even now I can't even play on that server. 

And it has killed me the people who berate me and claiming I'm as bad as hackers for using ping as advantage. I have -NEVER- had an advantage with my shitty ping. Getting d/c to black screen to reconnect back in dead. Yep big advantage. Walking/staggering in place when my ping gets extremely crappy and makes me a sitting duck. Yeah, huge advantage. And the big one, the *peek* advantage. I can't tell you the number of times I've leaned out of cover and immediately been shot so I'm not seeing this peek advantage that I've been accused of. 

I have played this game for years with these pings. And yes it is playable. I see tons of people saying it's unplayable at 100ms or above. Nonsense. My K/D says otherwise. Are there instances where I die because my internet wasn't as fast as someone else? Absolutely. But it doesn't happen enough to make it unplayable. 

The only thing that has made this game unplayable for me is this ping limit. And I'm very discouraged that I can no longer play a game I loved because my ping has been deemed unplayable/unfair by the company, regardless of what my first-hand experience has shown me.

Edited by Fannon
  • Upvote 2

Wreaker

You're not alone, my ping rarely if ever goes over 200ms, and I can play WoT and WoW's, RSix Seige with virtually no lag... However EFT is different. I can't walk twenty paces in the game without it telling me it lost the connection?

I live in a rural area here in Texas, and can play most any FPS/MMO with no problems, but I have yet to make it thru a full raid in EFT because of this lag/ping thing?... And I have 5mb down and 1.5 up on my internet, that should be more than enough to run EFT. If it needs more than that, then I just blew $40 dollars!

I'm not one to complain, but if EFT doesn't get a grip on this and come up with a solution, its gonna turn off a large portion of customers who don't have access to high-speed supercalifragilistic broadband ISP's with super ping!

This ping limit is b.s. and I'm starting to feel like a sucker here.

Silamon

I'm in southwest Georgia and get frequent ping spikes over 150, and occasionally it does kick me for ping. It does not affect me too terribly as it is now but it does stink getting kicked every now and then. 

I do think it would be difficult to fight lag switchers without the ping limit though. Hopefully BSG can figure something out that works for everyone.

Wreaker

When I play other games my ping rarely goes over 200ms if ever, and I live in a rural area in Texas with an over the phone hard line ISP. I have 3-5mb down, and 1.5mb up, and I have no problem connecting to other competing game servers from Wargaming.net to EA sports with absolutely no connectivity issues what-so-ever, even with balls to the wall graphics settings!... It's not my internet or ISP who is having the connection problems... The fact jack is this,...

Its not my ISP who is booting me off the game... It's EFT's servers who are booting players out of the game at random.

eft bs.JPG

Fannon
Posted (edited)
16 hours ago, Silamon said:

I'm in southwest Georgia and get frequent ping spikes over 150, and occasionally it does kick me for ping. It does not affect me too terribly as it is now but it does stink getting kicked every now and then. 

I do think it would be difficult to fight lag switchers without the ping limit though. Hopefully BSG can figure something out that works for everyone.

I have an idea of how they can fix this so both sides are happy.

Set up a number of servers WITH ping limit and a number of servers WITHOUT ping limit.

People who are glad for the ping limit can play on ping limited servers. People who don't want the ping limit can play on non-limited servers.

Everyone is happy. Everyone gets to play. No one is forced to play with "ping abusers" and those of us who have poor ping are still able to play the game and/or play with friends from other countries.

Edited by Fannon

Fannon

Also, I wonder if they even look/respond to the suggestion section. Perhaps my previous comment is something they'd be inclined to do.
However I did a search of Developer answers in the past year and not a single one has been to the Suggestions forum. (Unless I'm using the Developer Answers search function incorrectly.)

Wreaker

Well,...

As it stands right now, the fact that myself and others were duped into buying a game with a ping limit, without being warned of said ping limit requirements before purchasing said game, is a very serious issue that Battle State Games needs to address, and they need to address it soon, before someone starts emailing YouTube and Twitch game reviewers complaining on just how broken and unplayable the beta version of the game is for a large portion of EFT's customer base.

Beta game or not, it is disingenuous to offer a product that is being deliberately throttled... Especially when Battle State Games is responsible for the throttling themselves.

You don't see Pub G, Rainbow Six Seige, Call of Duty, Battlefield, Counter Strike, or any other FPS/MMO intentionally throttling its player base, nope, only on ESCAPE FROM TARKOV do you get booted off mid game at random. If I knew it was this bad, I wouldn't have bought the damn game in the first place.

Anyway, I guess all we can do is to give it time and wait and see if EFT's server techs get off their butts and fix the problem with this stupid ping limit, before we start to see banners like this all over YouTube and Twitch!...

eft brkn.JPG

• Upvote 1

Fannon

Some dev respond to us. I'm going to keep bumping it until one does.

Fannon

Manually picking a server doesn't help someone like me when even the servers in my own country are above the ping limit.

Devs need to make a selection of servers that have no ping limit for those of us unable to play what-so-ever. Everyone else who has good internet can keep on playing on their ping limited servers.

Fannon
On 5/11/2020 at 2:34 PM, Fannon said:

Set up a number of servers WITH ping limit and a number of servers WITHOUT ping limit.

People who are glad for the ping limit can play on ping limited servers. People who don't want the ping limit can play on non-limited servers.

Everyone is happy. Everyone gets to play. No one is forced to play with "ping abusers" and those of us who have poor ping are still able to play the game and/or play with friends from other countries.

Bump.

tobiassolem

Server amount and location is mostly based on amount of players in that region.

For example, if its not profitable enough to put up a server in Argentina, they won't be putting one up.

Fannon

It should be profitable enough to put one up in the major hubs that other people can still connect to since no ping limit. I'm in North America, but even if I was in South America if they put a no ping limit server in NA I'd at least be able to connect to it ti play. 

They don't have to put non-ping limit servers everywhere, just some in the major hubs.

kelevra_06
Am 10.5.2020 um 23:49 schrieb Fannon:

I have played this game for years with these pings. And yes it is playable.

On your side for sure! ;) But there are more clients than just you. And i never got that many Messages where i was titled as a laggy piece s..t than when i connected from EU to US-Servers before the ping-limit. 

A possible Solution to anybody who wants to play with Friends from far away or other ppl with bad Internet would be some kind of a global Server without ping limits. Would be more likely Escape from Warpov! But hey, if it makes all the Highpingers and Crosscontinental Players happy why not? Just 1 Condition: No whining becuase of bad performance or laggy players and no Whining about the wangfunchinlee who just killed you behind a corner while flying on the forums or reddit ;) 

Theron550

Bumping it.

Its just ridiculous how yesterday at pre wipe event, servers gave me like 50ms more and i just got constantly kicked all over again.

But what the hell, BSG aint gonna do a single thing to adress this issue. It seems that you need 500mbit/s connection in order to play.

I WANT SOLUTIONS, I DIDNT PAY 40 BUCKS FOR SUCH GAME WITH PING LIMIT. 

opiat3
On 5/12/2020 at 2:49 AM, Wreaker said:

As it stands right now, the fact that myself and others were duped into buying a game with a ping limit, without being warned of said ping limit requirements before purchasing said game, is a very serious issue that Battle State Games needs to address, and they need to address it soon, before someone starts emailing YouTube and Twitch game reviewers complaining on just how broken and unplayable the beta version of the game is for a large portion of EFT's customer base.

Apparently everyone is so well informed about everything and the most basic of information ppl choose to ignore.

Have you read the disclaimers for a product in development, specially the parts where they say that "this is a product in development and the final result may differ from what you currently see , mechanics may change , other things can be added or removed" etc...?  Is Bsg responsasbility that your ISP doesn´t provide you with better options ? will the rest of the players be obligated to play against someone with 250 ruining the game for them just because you live in a place with bad internet?

That is the equivalent of buying a Lamborghini and then talk crap about the car because my city doesnt have decent roads for me to use the car... That is some great logic. Oh and then i will threaten that i will try to hurt the brand reputation through reviewers and other types of channels on how the Brand should have paved all of the streets in my city for me to ride the car just cause i bought it.

• Like 2

Forby

Game is also still unplayable for me. I posted about this a long time ago and still haven't heard from any devs or any updates on if they will be trying to fix this.

It's absolutely ridiculous that I've spent like £100 on a game that I can't even play anymore, as is the case with most people who live in rural areas it seems.

I can play every other online games no problem, but because of the ping limit, I still can't play my favourite FPS.

Really disappointed in BSG at this stage as it seems that there's so many of us not able to play anymore and the devs just seem to be ignoring the problem.

IIGrimReaperII

I live in a rural part of a state and use a LTE hotspot and 2 directional antenna going thru trees 9.7 miles to the nearest ATT tower. I have a 36 ping to Dallas Texas. There are options for getting internet in a rural setting, you just have to buck up and buy something like a weboost and the directional antenna and pole necessary to get better internet, if you have 0 other options. I have 0 other options, DSL is worse than LTE Cell signal, and satellite is just garbage no matter where you live.  I pay $75 a month to a 3rd party reseller for ATT data and get a hard cap of 409.6 gigs of data per month* They advertise unlimited and unthrottled, that is a lie, but how much would ATT charge you for 409 gigs of data thru them, or any other US based carrier? Find what cell company has the best signal for your area. Buy a Weboost cell signal amplifier, and the antenna needed to get a better signal. If you have no useable cell signal outside your house, from any Carrier, well it is time to move lol. If you have a neighbor perse that you know has say fiber or cable and you can get line of sight to. you can backhaul that signal for 20 to 30 miles. It all comes down to how much you want to game and how much your willing to spend to get it. Lucky for me my Electric coop is laying fiber and hopefully will have that by this summer....Yeah me. BTW I never get booted from BSG choosing the best 2 servers, for me being Chicago and I think New York. I ping on EFT server's 100 to 150. No idea why they don't have a server in Dallas or Kansas City as they are major data hubs in the US. Dallas being huge. 

opiat3
1 hour ago, Forby said:

Really disappointed in BSG at this stage as it seems that there's so many of us not able to play anymore and the devs just seem to be ignoring the problem.

Again ... How are they ignoring the problem? if it isn´t even their problem. Are they responsible for your ISP , did they force you to live in a rural area?

NatedogLIVE
Posted (edited)
34 minutes ago, opiat3 said:

Again ... How are they ignoring the problem? if it isn´t even their problem. Are they responsible for your ISP , did they force you to live in a rural area?

Thank you!!! Why should poor ISP players ruin the experience of the GREAT MAJORITY of players who don't have this issue? Before this latency cap was out, I would randomly die and have an unfair advantage against those who had high ping and would teleport around corners, kill their target, then go back behind cover. When the game catches up, I would be dead, and they would be laughing it up with the amount of "skill" kills they had. It is NOT the responsibility or fault of the video game company, if you have poor ISP in your area..

Also, for Fannon demanding an answer from the staff, that's a bit rude my dude, and constantly nonsense bumping this would be considered spam and a probably ban offense.. Don't be toxic.

Rather than demanding an answer or change, how about providing a constructive suggestion to possibly add a handful of servers that remove the latency rule? Then those with high pings will be able to play with their friends. But be for warned... You're probably going to have to deal with abusers. :)

Edited by NatedogLIVE
Adding into, Minor changes.

Fannon
On 5/11/2020 at 2:34 PM, Fannon said:

Bump

Theron550

Yeah its really easy and comfy to just say: "Its not our fault that you have shitty ISPs, you are not allowed to play". I dont care if the game is under development. When DayZ was in alpha state, they never forced their playerbase to a certain ping limit.

Wanna play with someone in another country? Well then, go play something else.

You live in rural, semi rural areas and you dont have good internet coverage? Well then, go play something else.

You live in Argentina, and your ISP routing is crap, yet you managed to pay 40 bucks (Extremely expensive for us), but you keep getting randomly kicked? Well then, thanks for your money, go play something else. (And dont even bring up BR servers.)

And as Fannon said, implement ping limited servers and ping unlimited server. Everyone plays wherever they want, thats it.

Yet players who think playing with 250 ping is having an advantage, oh boy, headshotting a scav and probably him killing you is not an advantage.

You get more than 50ms and you start crying. 

I've never seen such enforcement in any game. Not even Rust, Dayz, Arma, Warframe. NOT EVEN CS:GO, you can play in USA with 270 ping and it will not kick you, AND ITS A COMPETITIVE GAME.

2 hours ago, Fannon said:

Bump

Bumping again