Game Settings icon at the bottom of the page?

Wreaker

Hello... New player here. :)

This isn't a repeat post, but I had a problem earlier and posted it in a general discussion thread coz I have no idea what I'm doing just yet.

I was fooling around with Graphics Settings and I inadvertently blew up the window size and locked myself out of Game Settings, no matter what I did in the game I couldn't access the Game Settings icon because it kept dropping below the task bar and was just out of reach no matter what I did. As a new player, I'm sure other new players might find that not having the game settings icon at the top of the page, or prominently accessible on the main game intro page can be problematic to players like myself who prefer to play in a windowed mode.

It took me awhile to figure out where Game Settings was in the first place, as most other games have them at the top of the page/window or the access icon is prominently displayed on the home page... Not hidden way down on the bottom right behind a couple of cogs. It took me hours before I realized they were hidden by the cogs on the lower right hand side of the game window. Not having a prominent access icon to game settings caused my GPU to overheat and just wasted a lot of time for a new player like myself. Wargaming.net has Game Settings readily available at the top of the page, or by just hitting the escape key, a pop-up window displays a panel to access them with ease. I invite the developer team to read my original post on my forum profile to get an understanding how frustrating this was for a new player. I think reviewing that can help idiot proof the game for newbie players like myself in the future. 

Thanks for your time.

1. You were "fooling around with Graphics Settings"... how did you manage to get there if the settings-icon is not prominent enough?  

Dear DAU - as the developers call a user like you. It is an easy one for EVERYBODY on planet earth  to type "escape from tarkov change resolution" into the search-bar, hit the "search"-button and click on the very first entry on the SERP. If you need further information check, out the following:
https://en.lmgtfy.com/?q=escape+from+tarkov+change+resolution&pp=1&iie=1 

Just stop begging for attention. You will never be able to tell your friends, that BS changed the position of Settings-icon because of you.

• Confused 1

7 hours ago, PeterParanoia said:

1. You were "fooling around with Graphics Settings"... how did you manage to get there if the settings-icon is not prominent enough?  

Dear DAU - as the developers call a user like you. It is an easy one for EVERYBODY on planet earth  to type "escape from tarkov change resolution" into the search-bar, hit the "search"-button and click on the very first entry on the SERP. If you need further information check, out the following:
https://en.lmgtfy.com/?q=escape+from+tarkov+change+resolution&pp=1&iie=1 

Just stop begging for attention. You will never be able to tell your friends, that BS changed the position of Settings-icon because of you.

What in the hell kind of answer is this?! I seriously hope you were joking because this person is actually right, every other game has the most important buttons (one of them, the Settings) in a place where, in case things go south, they will still be visible.

I know it doesn't take much to do a search, but maybe he already did and found nothing useful? I think he means that he actually can't change the game resolution given the fact that the ill-placed Settings button is now hidden behind his task bar.

These are the type of answers self-conscious idiots give. Please do not be one of them, if you're here to help, good, if not, then just don't type these kind of stupidities as answers...