Jump to content
Chansquare

TEAMS

Recommended Posts

Chansquare

Okay, I am a solo player, I've played with my brother like two times but other than that I am only a solo player. With that being said, I am soooooo sick of running into teams. If you que as a duo+, you should only be matched with other duo+s. The amount of times I get a kill but then just get camped by their partner until I loot the body is ridiculous. Today, I killed a FOUR MAN but there was a FIFTH PERSON. Seriously?? Why am I punished like that for going beast mode? If you are too pussy to play solo and need a team, then you should be matched with other teams...it only makes sense.

  • Sad 6
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Chansquare

Ight, THREE raids in a ROW this has happened now...I'm done with Tarkov lol. There is no incentive to go in geared anymore because you either run into a four man or get camped by a player scav. It's so sad such a cool game is ruined by stupid stuff like this, oh and the absurd amount of hackers too. Thanks for taking my $70 or however much the Edge of Darkness edition was and showing absolutely no interesting in fixing the game. RIP EFT.

  • Sad 4
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JedsteR92

I am sorry to say, it but this rant is just funny... If you don't want to play solo, find some friends to play with. If you want to play solo, be prepered for teams. If you get killed the way you described, maybe try to clear the area before looting? You should know by now that if there is 1, there is probably 2nd, if there are two, there is probably 3rd and so on. "If you are too pussy to play solo and need a team, then you should be matched with other teams...it only makes sense." If you are too bad to play solo, find a team mate or get gut... only make sense. :D

And I very much doubt that you encountered cheater elsewhere than in Labs so the "absurd amount of hackers" is a bit exagurated.

 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Majlo
1 hour ago, Chansquare said:

If you que as a duo+, you should only be matched with other duo+s.

Not knowing who or what you will come up against in a raid is one of the core parts of the gameplay experience, it's not going to be changed.

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Natalino
1 hour ago, Chansquare said:

Okay, I am a solo player, I've played with my brother like two times but other than that I am only a solo player. With that being said, I am soooooo sick of running into teams. If you que as a duo+, you should only be matched with other duo+s. The amount of times I get a kill but then just get camped by their partner until I loot the body is ridiculous. Today, I killed a FOUR MAN but there was a FIFTH PERSON. Seriously?? Why am I punished like that for going beast mode? If you are too pussy to play solo and need a team, then you should be matched with other teams...it only makes sense.

Not really. The whole idea of these raids is that you do not know what you will face. Majlo said it above already but I wanted to emphasis. And playing solo or in a team is not being a "puss" it just means you chose to play the way you want to. As we always advertised, EFT is meant to be played in a team. You want to play solo? You are welcome to but it won't be easy at all. 

There are also no plans to change this since this is a huge part of the game and what makes the EFT tense experience. 

P.S: There is always another one waiting for you to loot.  ;) 

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
chrisragnar

Use to be solo, now I mostly play duo with s friend. But I agree it sucks to be solo and have to assume there are 5-6 others camping nearby. I would not mind solos and duos mixed and then trios and up on their own servers. But would probably make que times alot worse.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Blaat112
1 hour ago, JedsteR92 said:

And I very much doubt that you encountered cheater elsewhere than in Labs

I encountered a speed hacker last week in customs. And before you go, you just dont know what cheaters look like and getting killed without sound might be suppressor and blabla.

The guy ran towards me while I was sitting in a shed, I hear him comming, line up my RPK at the door and he runs behind me in 1 second(actual 1 seconds, im not making this bigger than it is), I turn around quickly(I could see him flashing past the door running behind me), unload half my mag in him and he oneshots me with a pistol.

Now unless running towards someone with a machine gun and running past him to shoot him in the head from behind is a viable tactic we can safely assume he did this on purpose, because he was using a speed hack.

Just because its unlickely doesnt mean it does not happen. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jolly_Roger88
3 hours ago, Chansquare said:

Okay, I am a solo player, I've played with my brother like two times but other than that I am only a solo player. With that being said, I am soooooo sick of running into teams. If you que as a duo+, you should only be matched with other duo+s. The amount of times I get a kill but then just get camped by their partner until I loot the body is ridiculous. Today, I killed a FOUR MAN but there was a FIFTH PERSON. Seriously?? Why am I punished like that for going beast mode? If you are too pussy to play solo and need a team, then you should be matched with other teams...it only makes sense.

EFT lesson N1:

There’s always one more nearby.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Grimm285

playing solo is some of the most fun i've had in tarkov as its the most challenging, in teams especially 4-5 you can almost guarantee you win most fights but solo you can be sneaky and the fights are way more interesting.  If you are smart you can dictate the fight by fireing killing them completely leaving and coming from another direction plus there is never any hesitation on who to fire upon.

the thing to remember if you are going in solo is you basically cannot loot your kills unless you are sure no one else is around. aka means after wiping people you may need to spend most of the rest of the raid clearing the area or just waiting

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sothasil
vor 32 Minuten schrieb Jolly_Roger88:

EFT lesson N1:

There’s always one more nearby.

And this doesn't necessarily mean they are a team, it could be someone heard the firefight and was nearby, or was actually hunting the same guy/guys you were. This is what makes Tarkov unique though, the uncertainty makes actually extracting with some fat loot that much more rewarding.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Saws_n_Sins
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, JedsteR92 said:

I am sorry to say, it but this rant is just funny... If you don't want to play solo, find some friends to play with. If you want to play solo, be prepered for teams. If you get killed the way you described, maybe try to clear the area before looting? You should know by now that if there is 1, there is probably 2nd, if there are two, there is probably 3rd and so on. "If you are too pussy to play solo and need a team, then you should be matched with other teams...it only makes sense." If you are too bad to play solo, find a team mate or get gut... only make sense. :D

And I very much doubt that you encountered cheater elsewhere than in Labs so the "absurd amount of hackers" is a bit exagurated.

 

There was a youtube live steam yesterday of some guy running around factory and customs with wall hacks. Like legit showed the hacks on stream. So ya they're out there

Edited by Saws_n_Sins

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
vampy

if you ever come across a four man always and i do mean always expect theres gonna be a fifth somewhere i myself prefer to play four man cause its less talking  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Chansquare
Posted (edited)

I understand this game isn't supposed to be easy and stuff isn't supposed to be handed to you, but 99/100 times, even if a solo player has THE best gear in the game, if they encounter a 4 man +, they aren't making it out alive. And everyone saying, "then join a team" or, "find some friends to play with", none of my friends have PCs and this game is very off-putting to most because of how damn hard it is. Which I love by the way, I love that this game isn't easy, but putting 4 man+s in games against solos doesn't even seem 'hard' it just seems impossible.

Edited by Chansquare

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
RainmakerM4

I would say something but I will refrain so I don't receive more warning points.

Seems to me that there are alot of people who goes out of their way to try to change the game if things dont go their way. You are SOLO your playstyle should be of one. Congratulations on your 4 kills, but you made a mistake since 5th one got you. Its simle as that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
skyflashde
vor 1 Stunde schrieb RainmakerM4:

Seems to me that there are alot of people who goes out of their way to try to change the game if things dont go their way.

Yes and thats how it should be. Thats the way this game becomes better.

There are lots of solutions to the problem of 5 man squads wiping solos every time.

Of course going in with a 5 man means you are a puss. You know that you have like a 90% chance to get out alive and a 99% chance your get your gear back, even if you die.

It would all be ok if Tarkov had managed to create a system where you can easily find a group of people in the game. Lets take Valorant... you go in, click the START button and you have a group of 5 people vs a group of 5 people. Easy. Fair. Real PvP.

Now you have Tarkov... the devs havent even managed to stop team killing. You can join with 4 other people and slaughter them before they actually spawn. There is nothing a new player is doing wrong by assuming if the devs put in a system to form groups that it would actually WORK. Thats just embarrasing for the devs.

And very badly designed as well.

Even if they fixed the teamkilling, there is no system designed to identify your teammates, as voice comm is not coming. Something like a common team color on the clothing is a definitive MUST if this is ever supposed to work at all.

So if they would actually fix the damn game, we wouldnt have all those complaints.

They fucked up the players ability to form groups, and now they want to tell us we should form groups. Bahahahah.. nice.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Vindsvept
2 hours ago, Chansquare said:

I understand this game isn't supposed to be easy and stuff isn't supposed to be handed to you, but 99/100 times, even if a solo player has THE best gear in the game, if they encounter a 4 man +, they aren't making it out alive. And everyone saying, "then join a team" or, "find some friends to play with", none of my friends have PCs and this game is very off-putting to most because of how damn hard it is. Which I love by the way, I love that this game isn't easy, but putting 4 man+s in games against solos doesn't even seem 'hard' it just seems impossible.

Gear is by far the most important element in the game. It's how you approach things. Afraid of running into other people? Stay away from hotspots or busy routes. Want some action? Gun one down, get the drop on him (Biggest advantage of solo players) and scout out the area for eventual teammembers.
The fact that you do not know how many more may be nearby is the most thrilling part of Tarkov and the most intense one. If you're put off by this because you're used to other games implementing solo/duo's/trio's only, I suggest you get friends to play this game aswell.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Vindsvept
10 minutes ago, skyflashde said:

Yes and thats how it should be. Thats the way this game becomes better.

There are lots of solutions to the problem of 5 man squads wiping solos every time.

Of course going in with a 5 man means you are a puss. You know that you have like a 90% chance to get out alive and a 99% chance your get your gear back, even if you die.

It would all be ok if Tarkov had managed to create a system where you can easily find a group of people in the game. Lets take Valorant... you go in, click the START button and you have a group of 5 people vs a group of 5 people. Easy. Fair. Real PvP.

Now you have Tarkov... the devs havent even managed to stop team killing. You can join with 4 other people and slaughter them before they actually spawn. There is nothing a new player is doing wrong by assuming if the devs put in a system to form groups that it would actually WORK. Thats just embarrasing for the devs.

And very badly designed as well.

Even if they fixed the teamkilling, there is no system designed to identify your teammates, as voice comm is not coming. Something like a common team color on the clothing is a definitive MUST if this is ever supposed to work at all.

So if they would actually fix the damn game, we wouldnt have all those complaints.

They fucked up the players ability to form groups, and now they want to tell us we should form groups. Bahahahah.. nice.

I don't think you get the concept 'hardcore'.

There are dozens of descriptions stating what kind of game Tarkov is and how the game is in general. Steep learning curve, very punishing and very rewarding at thesame time. The design is fine as it is, but that's your opinion.


With the recent influx of casual gamers, there's an uproar against the current system of Tarkov and I can guarantee you right now, for the casual gamers who are reading this: BSG will not change a single current thing regarding THEIR vision of EFT and I applaud them for it. It's about time Developers do what they want to do instead of listening to players who can't handle a game like Tarkov because they're used to simplified systems.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
skyflashde
vor 35 Minuten schrieb Vindsvept:

and I can guarantee you right now, for the casual gamers who are reading this: BSG will not change a single current thing regarding THEIR vision of EFT and I applaud them for it. It's about time Developers do what they want to do instead of listening to players who can't handle a game like Tarkov because they're used to simplified systems.

I hope you realize that the current game is NOT AT ALL what the devs want.

They want a karma system, they want factions, they want way less looting, they want working group play, they want much harsher weight restrictions, they want to remove the current way to access dealers.

So yeah, it would be great if they would actually START to implement all that. Cause all those missing things are exactly the reason for all those complaints.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Vindsvept
4 hours ago, skyflashde said:

I hope you realize that the current game is NOT AT ALL what the devs want.

They want a karma system, they want factions, they want way less looting, they want working group play, they want much harsher weight restrictions, they want to remove the current way to access dealers.

So yeah, it would be great if they would actually START to implement all that. Cause all those missing things are exactly the reason for all those complaints.

What's currently implemented is what the developers want. Deal with it. The rest will come. What's implemented right now will not be changed to cater to casual gamers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JedsteR92
9 hours ago, skyflashde said:

Yes and thats how it should be. Thats the way this game becomes better.

There are lots of solutions to the problem of 5 man squads wiping solos every time.

Of course going in with a 5 man means you are a puss. You know that you have like a 90% chance to get out alive and a 99% chance your get your gear back, even if you die.

It would all be ok if Tarkov had managed to create a system where you can easily find a group of people in the game. Lets take Valorant... you go in, click the START button and you have a group of 5 people vs a group of 5 people. Easy. Fair. Real PvP.

Now you have Tarkov... the devs havent even managed to stop team killing. You can join with 4 other people and slaughter them before they actually spawn. There is nothing a new player is doing wrong by assuming if the devs put in a system to form groups that it would actually WORK. Thats just embarrasing for the devs.

And very badly designed as well.

Even if they fixed the teamkilling, there is no system designed to identify your teammates, as voice comm is not coming. Something like a common team color on the clothing is a definitive MUST if this is ever supposed to work at all.

So if they would actually fix the damn game, we wouldnt have all those complaints.

They fucked up the players ability to form groups, and now they want to tell us we should form groups. Bahahahah.. nice.

 

No, that is what turns a good/great and unique experiences to mediocore casual trash that we all saw milion times over and over.

5 man wiping the floor with one guy is not a problem, that is how it is, you either get lucky to kill them all, die or run a way, those are your options and it's up to you what you going to do. Why TF should be everything handed to you? Not every game have to be fair and hold your hand, planty of other games that are. Nothing real about that, just easy and fabricated PvP. You like Valorant, great, go play Valorant, but that doesn't mean every god damn fps shooter have to be like CS, Overwatch or Fortnite just cos they are popular. It's realy pathetic how entitled ppl thinks that devs should listen to them and change THEIR game cos they don't like something or die too much. 

"They fucked up the players ability to form groups, and now they want to tell us we should form groups." - I can't see how devs forked your ability to talk to other ppl and group up with them, sure grouping with randoms is a gamble but that is not devs fault that ppl are animals that will exploit the system and kill randoms on spawn, we all have freedom of choice in that regard, risk vs reward.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
TheFondler
22 minutes ago, JedsteR92 said:

 

No, that is what turns a good/great and unique experiences to mediocore casual trash that we all saw milion times over and over.

5 man wiping the floor with one guy is not a problem, that is how it is, you either get lucky to kill them all, die or run a way, those are your options and it's up to you what you going to do. Why TF should be everything handed to you? Not every game have to be fair and hold your hand, planty of other games that are. Nothing real about that, just easy and fabricated PvP. You like Valorant, great, go play Valorant, but that doesn't mean every god damn fps shooter have to be like CS, Overwatch or Fortnite just cos they are popular. It's realy pathetic how entitled ppl thinks that devs should listen to them and change THEIR game cos they don't like something or die too much. 

"They fucked up the players ability to form groups, and now they want to tell us we should form groups." - I can't see how devs forked your ability to talk to other ppl and group up with them, sure grouping with randoms is a gamble but that is not devs fault that ppl are animals that will exploit the system and kill randoms on spawn, we all have freedom of choice in that regard, risk vs reward.

because of this group system, because you cannot distinguish your teammates is why as a solo or duo player you still stand a chance. if you manage to get close, it will cause confusion in that 5 man...."is this you? Is this you?", "I'm dead....oh f* sorry man i thought you were an enemy!". 

Grouping system is fine in EFT. I play in groups and i play solo/duo. Sometimes you have to pick your fights, you see a 5 man, let them walk by, or shoot one from a distance if you are sure you have a way to get away without being seen. I guarantee you they will spend the next 15-20 minutes trying to find out where the shot came from and if they are about to get sniped as well, while you are already across the map, or come from behind them. This exact uncertainty while playing in a group, gives you as a solo player the chance to take out a group. 

The only serious shytty situation though as i found out last night, is a 5 man on woods and at least 2 of them running thermals....good luck trying to avoid / counter that.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
chrisragnar
16 hours ago, RainmakerM4 said:

I would say something but I will refrain so I don't receive more warning points.

Seems to me that there are alot of people who goes out of their way to try to change the game if things dont go their way. You are SOLO your playstyle should be of one. Congratulations on your 4 kills, but you made a mistake since 5th one got you. Its simle as that.

Well there are merits to questioning why people who play in 5 man groups should have a much easier experience. The game is pretty hardcore, but not when you 5 stacking. If there were only in-game coms that was local transmission to everyone, it would be kind of diffrent. Now you have squads that coordinate with easy and complete silence. But you can't stop people from using 3rd party coms, so something els should be done imo.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Blaat112
30 minutes ago, chrisragnar said:

Well there are merits to questioning why people who play in 5 man groups should have a much easier experience. The game is pretty hardcore, but not when you 5 stacking. If there were only in-game coms that was local transmission to everyone, it would be kind of diffrent. Now you have squads that coordinate with easy and complete silence. But you can't stop people from using 3rd party coms, so something els should be done imo.

I would suggest that they remove the option to loot teammates. This way die-ing in groups still has more value (or loss of value) and you wouldnt have that much people complaining about teamming up with a random player that shoots them at the start of the raid to get easy loot.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
chrisragnar
4 hours ago, TheFondler said:

because of this group system, because you cannot distinguish your teammates is why as a solo or duo player you still stand a chance. if you manage to get close, it will cause confusion in that 5 man...."is this you? Is this you?", "I'm dead....oh f* sorry man i thought you were an enemy!". 

Grouping system is fine in EFT. I play in groups and i play solo/duo. Sometimes you have to pick your fights, you see a 5 man, let them walk by, or shoot one from a distance if you are sure you have a way to get away without being seen. I guarantee you they will spend the next 15-20 minutes trying to find out where the shot came from and if they are about to get sniped as well, while you are already across the map, or come from behind them. This exact uncertainty while playing in a group, gives you as a solo player the chance to take out a group. 

The only serious shytty situation though as i found out last night, is a 5 man on woods and at least 2 of them running thermals....good luck trying to avoid / counter that.

Except it's rare groups are that uncoordinated. Plus if one or a few dies it's easy for the rest.everyone just camp and shoot anyone moving. The most unfair and unhardcore thing about teams are their ability to communicate without making a sound. If there was only local in-game chat. Things would be much different. But that's impossible sins you cant stop people from using 3rd party coms.

6 minutes ago, Blaat112 said:

I would suggest that they remove the option to loot teammates. This way die-ing in groups still has more value (or loss of value) and you wouldnt have that much people complaining about teamming up with a random player that shoots them at the start of the raid to get easy loot.

Thats a pretty good idea. But id rather see some other way of balancing groups. 

Honestly I think the teamkilling will still happen, I have limited faith in the gaming community.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Blaat112
7 minutes ago, chrisragnar said:

Honestly I think the teamkilling will still happen, I have limited faith in the gaming community.

Well yea, it will still happen. A lot less though. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...
b38e7c858218a416ef714554dce933a2