Chansquare

TEAMS

skyflashde
vor 11 Stunden schrieb JedsteR92:

No, that is what turns a good/great and unique experiences to mediocore casual trash that we all saw milion times over and over.

I can't see how devs forked your ability to talk to other ppl and group up with them, sure grouping with randoms is a gamble but that is not devs fault that ppl are animals that will exploit the system and kill randoms on spawn, we all have freedom of choice in that regard, risk vs reward.

LOL so you are saying that fixing an obviously completely broken game mechanic will make the game be casual?

Thats funny.

Of course its the devs fault that people invite random players and spawn kill them. It was totally obvious before they implemented that what will happen if you duck up the design like that.

I mean.. its free loot.

Chansquare
22 hours ago, Vindsvept said:

Gear is by far the most important element in the game. It's how you approach things. Afraid of running into other people? Stay away from hotspots or busy routes. Want some action? Gun one down, get the drop on him (Biggest advantage of solo players) and scout out the area for eventual teammembers.
The fact that you do not know how many more may be nearby is the most thrilling part of Tarkov and the most intense one. If you're put off by this because you're used to other games implementing solo/duo's/trio's only, I suggest you get friends to play this game aswell.

Yea obviously gear is important, but with 5 people shooting at you it DOES NOT MATTER WHAT GEAR YOU HAVE ON. And the fact of not knowing where enemy teammates are is NOT the most thrilling aspect of this game lmao. You honestly think the most fun part of this game is going "Oh poo where is his teammates?! Oh man, oh man, I could go loot that body and gtfo but WHERE IS HIS TEAMMATE?! This is so exhilarating, WHERE COULD HIS TEAMMATE BE?!". No, the thrill is in the firefight aspect of the game. I had a sick fight against these 4, it was on Interchange, I walked into OLI from the front where the stairs are, noticed a silhouette in the top left up on the balcony. (This was a 5 man camping the entrance of OLI..). I quickly turn, get the first shot on him, one down. I wait a bit, move up, two more are in the back area by the computers, popped them, took some shots, they're down. One more was under the balcony, popped him too. Waited there a bit in amazement at what I just did, out of the corner of my eye I see one more guy camping in the computer room, dead. Ha. The fight got my heart pumping, I was loving it, then one shot to the head from the 5th dude camping the computer room. THAT'S fun! THAT is what makes me wanna get back into raids! (Sarcasm if you couldn't tell) Using a $250k gun, $250k body armor, and a $150k helmet just to be killed by a guy camping his teammates bodies. Yea that's such a great aspect of this game! The fact that I absolutely poo on these 4 kids only to be one tapped by a camping lil b*tch is the most stupid, off-putting poo that happens in this game. And to everyone that says, "bruh solo is an advantage!1!!!11!", yea you obviously only play with other people. The second you shoot as a solo player, as long as you aren't sniping them from across the map, the rest of the team knows where you are...when I went up those stairs, they were all looking right at me lmao. You can not seriously tell me that being solo is more of an advantage than being in a FIVE MAN. A five man in games against solos? Like seriously who thought of that shyt. And you are all missing the point when you say, "If this pisses you off then find some friends to play with." I LIKE playing solo, it IS more intense, but NOT WHEN YOU ARE FIGHTING AGAINST A TEAM lmfao. I shouldn't have to join a team just because everyone else does in order to compete in this game. You guys act like what I am saying is, "Ugh I am a solo playing and don't want to play against any other people whaaa!" That's not what I am saying at all, the PVP aspect of this game is no doubt what makes it great and unlike any other game, but the fact that a solo player can get matched into games with MULTIPLE teams, is just retarded, straight and simply retarded. I actually thought more people would be against me on this thread but it sounds like I'm not alone on this thought here, and it sounds like the only people who are against my opinion are people who play in teams lol. If you like playing in a team, fine, but you should be matched against other teams...that's all I'm saying.

• Like 1

Chansquare
13 hours ago, JedsteR92 said:

5 man wiping the floor with one guy is not a problem, that is how it is, you either get lucky to kill them all, die or run a way,

"You either get lucky to kill them all, die, or run away" The sad thing is you're right, but you really don't see a problem with ONLY those three options when running into a team? lmfao. You shouldn't be able to run into something in this game that requires luck in order to survive. It's a hardcore, skill-based game. I want to have a sick firefight against someone, even if I die, not just get lucky and kill them. Also, if someone sees a 5 man, unless they WANT to die, no one is going to engage them...they are virtually invulnerable. Even if they do die, the odds that their teammates can get there stuff for them, while yours will most likely be left there for a scav to pick up, is extremely high. All I'm saying is, if you are a 5 man, then you should be matched against 5 mans...if I'm solo, match me against solos, duos, even maybe triples, but FIVE PEOPLE IN A TEAM? l.o.l.

Vindsvept
4 hours ago, Chansquare said:

Yea obviously gear is important, but with 5 people shooting at you it DOES NOT MATTER WHAT GEAR YOU HAVE ON. And the fact of not knowing where enemy teammates are is NOT the most thrilling aspect of this game lmao. You honestly think the most fun part of this game is going "Oh poo where is his teammates?! Oh man, oh man, I could go loot that body and gtfo but WHERE IS HIS TEAMMATE?! This is so exhilarating, WHERE COULD HIS TEAMMATE BE?!". No, the thrill is in the firefight aspect of the game. I had a sick fight against these 4, it was on Interchange, I walked into OLI from the front where the stairs are, noticed a silhouette in the top left up on the balcony. (This was a 5 man camping the entrance of OLI..). I quickly turn, get the first shot on him, one down. I wait a bit, move up, two more are in the back area by the computers, popped them, took some shots, they're down. One more was under the balcony, popped him too. Waited there a bit in amazement at what I just did, out of the corner of my eye I see one more guy camping in the computer room, dead. Ha. The fight got my heart pumping, I was loving it, then one shot to the head from the 5th dude camping the computer room. THAT'S fun! THAT is what makes me wanna get back into raids! (Sarcasm if you couldn't tell) Using a $250k gun, $250k body armor, and a $150k helmet just to be killed by a guy camping his teammates bodies. Yea that's such a great aspect of this game! The fact that I absolutely poo on these 4 kids only to be one tapped by a camping lil b*tch is the most stupid, off-putting poo that happens in this game. And to everyone that says, "bruh solo is an advantage!1!!!11!", yea you obviously only play with other people. The second you shoot as a solo player, as long as you aren't sniping them from across the map, the rest of the team knows where you are...when I went up those stairs, they were all looking right at me lmao. You can not seriously tell me that being solo is more of an advantage than being in a FIVE MAN. A five man in games against solos? Like seriously who thought of that shyt. And you are all missing the point when you say, "If this pisses you off then find some friends to play with." I LIKE playing solo, it IS more intense, but NOT WHEN YOU ARE FIGHTING AGAINST A TEAM lmfao. I shouldn't have to join a team just because everyone else does in order to compete in this game. You guys act like what I am saying is, "Ugh I am a solo playing and don't want to play against any other people whaaa!" That's not what I am saying at all, the PVP aspect of this game is no doubt what makes it great and unlike any other game, but the fact that a solo player can get matched into games with MULTIPLE teams, is just retarded, straight and simply retarded. I actually thought more people would be against me on this thread but it sounds like I'm not alone on this thought here, and it sounds like the only people who are against my opinion are people who play in teams lol. If you like playing in a team, fine, but you should be matched against other teams...that's all I'm saying.

I am not even going to read that wall of text. And I'm not even going to bother explaining the easy side of playing solo. If you have at least a few braincells, the patience and the tactical insight, you can easily wipe out a 5 man squad.

napalm368
On 5/11/2020 at 1:31 AM, Chansquare said:

Okay, I am a solo player, I've played with my brother like two times but other than that I am only a solo player. With that being said, I am soooooo sick of running into teams. If you que as a duo+, you should only be matched with other duo+s. The amount of times I get a kill but then just get camped by their partner until I loot the body is ridiculous. Today, I killed a FOUR MAN but there was a FIFTH PERSON. Seriously?? Why am I punished like that for going beast mode? If you are too pussy to play solo and need a team, then you should be matched with other teams...it only makes sense.

Agreed, I have the exact same problem. And im just SIIIIICCK of it...Ive given this game a chance. Its all i have played for 4 months straight. And its always the same bullshit described above. The thing is,,I dont want to play on any squads. I only want to play solo. If they ever get a solos or duos or teams thing going, Ill probably come back. Im done with this bullshit, people need to man up and stop being pussies running around in squads . Every single person i know who has quit playing this game, This is the most common complaint.

• Like 1

Blaat112
6 hours ago, Vindsvept said:

I am not even going to read that wall of text. And I'm not even going to bother explaining the easy side of playing solo. If you have at least a few braincells, the patience and the tactical insight, you can easily wipe out a 5 man squad.

You know this always strikes me as funny. People arguing that being solo actually gives you the advantage. 

Yea sure bud. Thats why armies only send in 1 marine at a time. You know, because of the tactical advantage that solo marine has against groups. 

There are some advantages to playing solo. There are more advantages playing as a group. 

• Like 1

behi09ma
3 hours ago, napalm368 said:

Agreed, I have the exact same problem. And im just SIIIIICCK of it...Ive given this game a chance. Its all i have played for 4 months straight. And its always the same bullshit described above. The thing is,,I dont want to play on any squads. I only want to play solo. If they ever get a solos or duos or teams thing going, Ill probably come back. Im done with this bullshit, people need to man up and stop being pussies running around in squads . Every single person i know who has quit playing this game, This is the most common complaint.

lol. dude i'm a soloplayer myself, but i completely against you. i don't know why you play this game, but i need to have that stress and the feel this game delivers me when i'm against a squad and i hear multiple footsteps. even when i get some of their squads i can't be sure that people are around or not so i still have some stress to loot them. like i said i don't know what you are seeking on this game, but it's so satisfying the way this game is already and that's the reason i play the game. my point is, if you can't handle the game and you can't enjoy it, just leave it and move on to another game that you like.(it's just a game after all)

i bet you already know that the devs said they will not separate the squads from solos, but you want to still complain about this topic anyway. the game is in this way, you like it, just buy and play. you don't, dont give a fck and play some other game.

i'm so sick of the people who compare the games and want to play the same game with another name. 

JedsteR92
11 hours ago, Chansquare said:

"You either get lucky to kill them all, die, or run away" The sad thing is you're right, but you really don't see a problem with ONLY those three options when running into a team? lmfao. You shouldn't be able to run into something in this game that requires luck in order to survive. It's a hardcore, skill-based game. I want to have a sick firefight against someone, even if I die, not just get lucky and kill them. Also, if someone sees a 5 man, unless they WANT to die, no one is going to engage them...they are virtually invulnerable. Even if they do die, the odds that their teammates can get there stuff for them, while yours will most likely be left there for a scav to pick up, is extremely high. All I'm saying is, if you are a 5 man, then you should be matched against 5 mans...if I'm solo, match me against solos, duos, even maybe triples, but FIVE PEOPLE IN A TEAM? l.o.l.

The luck element is more about the circumstances you encounter the 5man team, but that goes for all encounters, if you spot them first, if you have cover to lose line of sight, if you have time and means to flank and reposition, sufficent weapon etc. 

Playing in a 5 man team must be a huge pain in the ars tbh, most I played was four and it was chaos of teammates and callouts, constantly doublechecking if it's team mate of enemy, seems more like handicap than anything. Either way it doesn't seem like any kind of MM is going to be implemented...

napalm368

Hey, that is great if enjoy running into squads of players when you raid.some of us are not as hardcore, wiping out 5 man teams consistently. Some of us,just want some pvp without being gang raped in every game. Solo players shouldn't have to be forced to engage multiple teams, and it would be great if we were given an option.this game doesn't even run well enough half the time,with random stuttering and fps drops to engage a squad by yourself. 

• Like 1

Maki_Nishikino

Anyone that is currently playing solo and is struggling needs to simply join a group or suck it up as a solo player, there are two popular Discords that people group up with randoms and have a good time in raids. You want to play solo then that's your prerogative but in no way, shape, or form should you be treated any differently because you want to do so, this game doesn't have a goal in catering to it, no idea why solo players try to push an agenda other than they're not thinking long term.

I highly doubt that half of those that play solo now and are very good at it will be so later on given the upcoming changes when you look at their play styles, what they do works now but won't later. Why get yourself in such a terrible habbit?

I used to play solo till a bit over a year ago and ever since I have been playing as a group, the reason I choose to do this is because at some point playing solo will be VERY difficult. I just happened to find out that playing as a group is much, much more fun also.

JedsteR92
Posted (edited)
14 hours ago, napalm368 said:

Hey, that is great if enjoy running into squads of players when you raid.some of us are not as hardcore, wiping out 5 man teams consistently. Some of us,just want some pvp without being gang raped in every game. Solo players shouldn't have to be forced to engage multiple teams, and it would be great if we were given an option.this game doesn't even run well enough half the time,with random stuttering and fps drops to engage a squad by yourself. 

I mostly play this game in duo with my friend or solo and I enjoy running into EVRYONE, All the time, I want PvP, I want action in my raids, when I don't, I play a rat style and try to avoid as many Players as possible to finish quests etc. We are rinning into 2 man teams constantly, 3 man rarely, 4 man team I encountered maybe twice and haven't encountered 5 man that I know about (almost 300 hrs in game). So don't tell me that you are encountering 5 man teams all the time so it's a huge issue. When we encounter Solo guy, 95% of the time it's a hatchling or have almost no gear, yeeey - what a fun fight, right? No wonder this ppl die all the time. Drop the gearfear, get some gear and grow a pair ffs, or go play CSGO, only two teams there...

"Solo players shouldn't have to be forced to engage multiple teams" - If you realy mean multiple teams, I don't know why the hell are you playing tarkov.

Edited by JedsteR92

Na0cho

5 man teams make lots of noise and unless they are very very good the comms is usually lots of chatter. They are easy to spot.  You know you CAN avoid them. You don’t HAVE to kill everyone you see. 

I have a bunch of friends who play, we could field 2 5 man teams if we wanted but I STILL play solo or duo most of the time. 

The game may not be perfect but this issue you are having really isn’t an issue so much as a personal preference. 

• Thanks 1

napalm368
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, JedsteR92 said:

I mostly play this game in duo with my friend or solo and I enjoy running into EVRYONE, All the time, I want PvP, I want action in my raids, when I don't, I play a rat style and try to avoid as many Players as possible to finish quests etc. We are rinning into 2 man teams constantly, 3 man rarely, 4 man team I encountered maybe twice and haven't encountered 5 man that I know about (almost 300 hrs in game). So don't tell me that you are encountering 5 man teams all the time so it's a huge issue. When we encounter Solo guy, 95% of the time it's a hatchling or have almost no gear, yeeey - what a fun fight, right? No wonder this ppl die all the time. Drop the gearfear, get some gear and grow a pair ffs, or go play CSGO, only two teams there...

"Solo players shouldn't have to be forced to engage multiple teams" - If you realy mean multiple teams, I don't know why the hell are you playing tarkov.

Lol,,gotta love being told to go play another game when someone doesn't agree with your opinion...sorry,  I thought maybe I could Express 1 little thing I am not crazy about. Everything is perfect and I love getting teamed up on.😁

Edited by napalm368
Add sentance

Maki_Nishikino
Posted (edited)

Do any of you that play solo watch the Raid episodes? What's upsetting is some are trying to change the course of ship, this game is not meant to be played solo. Do it if you want but as I have aforementioned in no way, shape, or form should this game cater to solo players, you should not be given any special treatment. You're playing the game differently than it's intended so it makes zero sense for BSG to go out of their way and dump resources into the desires of a solo player.

Edited by Maki_Nishikino

Chansquare
On 5/14/2020 at 10:53 AM, Maki_Nishikino said:

Do any of you that play solo watch the Raid episodes? What's upsetting is some are trying to change the course of ship, this game is not meant to be played solo. Do it if you want but as I have aforementioned in no way, shape, or form should this game cater to solo players, you should not be given any special treatment. You're playing the game differently than it's intended so it makes zero sense for BSG to go out of their way and dump resources into the desires of a solo player.

Bud, not everyone has multiple friends that have PCs, let alone PCs capable of running this game smoothly. Also, I don't want to play in a group, it's plan and simple. I like 1v1 aspects of games, that's just how I am. I like knowing that I only have myself to rely on, as should my opponent. With that being said, if the only options are to play in a group or play solo and get poo on by teams unless you get lucky, then I'm just not going to play. I'm not trying to come off as, "Oh, I am so important to this community and if I leave then this game will fail and everyone will miss me!", but I mean, there are a lot of solo players who I'm sure are getting fed up with this same thing too.

I put a lot of time into this game, truly enjoyed the hell out of it and don't WANT to stop playing it, but I literally see no point in playing it ATM considering the absurd amount of teams I run into. If they don't make this game even just a little bit more appealing to solo players, I think they're going to lose a big portion of their fan base. Maybe not the majority, but a big portion and for literally no reason at all. That's obviously just my opinion and I guess we will have to see where it goes, but do you really think it would ruin the game if they gave solo/duos their own que? They could even give solo/duos the option to que against 3+s if they wanted, but would solo/duos even do that? Probably not and I wonder why...

It couldn't possibly take that many resources to implement something like that. It's a video game, they can literally make it do whatever they want lol. I don't know, just my thoughts. I'm glad you are still enjoying the game because it definitely was in my top 5 favorites at one time and I hope it returns to that list in the future, but as someone who enjoys playing by myself, I guess this just isn't the game for me.

I'm sure there are some people who are reading this thread and are thinking that I just want this game to be easier, but would it really even make it that much easier? I think all it would do is add more balance to the game. There would still be the same amount of people in a raid. Again, I don't want this game to be 'easy', but I think there are certain aspects of this game that are just a little...dumb. In my opinion, of course.

I like the difficulty that this game provides, I like the hyper-realism that they are going for, and for the most part I would say I definitely like more things about this game than dislike, which is why something as weird as this upsets me so much. Five people against one person doesn't even really feel realistic or challenging to me, it just seems impossible.

I genuinely don't want this very unique game to change due to one person's opinion, whether that be my own or someone else's, and I still may or may not have been a little salty about my experience when starting this post, but I just wanted to see what the rest of the community thought. Obviously I didn't think BSG would see this post and think, "poo we gotta add a solo ques STAT or we're screwed!" I just wanted to rant a little bit about something I find extremely stupid in this game and to see how the community felt about the topic as well. I think there was some good feedback from both sides, however, I really don't think this game would be ruined by giving solo/duo players the option to only play against other solo/duo players, maybe even triple players. There would still be the same amount of people in a raid that you could run into or be camped by while you are looting, just with a little more balance, in my opinion.

In the end though, yes, it is not my game and BSG will do with it what they please.

Oh and one more thing, people saying stuff like, "yea but a 5 man makes so much noise!", well...I feel like they could practically make just as much noise as a solo player depending on how aggressive they are and/or how fast they choose to move around the map. In my case, they made literally no noise...they were camping. Big advantage for me there though, right? o.O

Anyway, hopefully I'll get over this eventually and hop back on but I think I'm done with it for now, hope you guys can still enjoy it! :)

sYs
24 minutes ago, Chansquare said:

I like knowing that I only have myself to rely on, as should my opponent. With that being said, if the only options are to play in a group or play solo and get poo on by teams unless you get lucky, then I'm just not going to play. I'm not trying to come off as, "Oh, I am so important to this community and if I leave then this game will fail and everyone will miss me!", but I mean, there are a lot of solo players who I'm sure are getting fed up with this same thing too.

If you would be a good solo player you would not how to not put yourself in bad situation and how to avoid fights you can't win.

I understand your frustration cause 90% of time i run solo. Sometimes i drop 4-5 man teams solo sometimes i don't. Sometimes i drop 2-3 of them and just leave the area. 

I will repeat this phrase that has been said countless of times in official sources and unofficial in span of 4 years : There is no matchmaking planned and will never be there.

RainmakerM4

Thank god there will be no match making. 

Maki_Nishikino
Posted (edited)

@Chansquare

I had nobody to play this game with when I bought it in 2017, now I have loads. There are two Discords that are very active where you can play with groups. Over the course of a bit over a year I have easily played with over 500 different individuals and bought the game for four or five friends (I think that many). Many of my friends on Steam had no desire at all to play this game and once I told them about it they would buy it and I now raid with them.

It's not intended nor designed to be played solo, it's cut-and-dried. You may not feel the effects of it now but you will later. If you want to play solo then do it but understand you nor others desire special treatment and in the end you're just making it difficult for yourself.

I may come back to your post and quote some of what you said after I go grab lunch but most of it is unnecessary to do so as there is literally no point.

Edited by Maki_Nishikino

Tocki

My only concern is the insure system, it favors way too much squads and is almost useless as solo. 
i think insure system should get removed, but that’s my opinion. 
but I’m not a fan of secure container and safe stashes anyway;) 

else I like to get mixed with squads, as solo player you mostly see them first, so you can decide-> attack or not! 

napalm368

I like this game too. But I dont play it anymore.No solo que, so I lost interest.