xDice

Wipes

xDice

Hello every one ! I'm new around and i was wondering if i could place a question over here !?
May i ask for how long the dev will keep wiping after major updates? Is the wipe part of EFT?
They will stop wiping the servers? From one  POV i do understand that we have to test and give feed backs!
But from my POV while i can't play daily the game cause of my full time job i got sick of starting all over again ...

So does the wipes are part of the game? IF  no when they will stop? 

Thanks happy gaming every1  :)

02_

Talks were made regarding wipe, it may presist even past launch or may not. At the moment we are not sure and nothing is concrete information to my knowledge. Wipes are usually far and inbetween by around 4-6 months, so shouldn't be that big of a issue.

Heres a quote from nataliano (BSG Crew) this is from 2018 so it may no longer be accurate, but i hope it helps clearify atleast some things.

Hello,

It is hard to answer this question right now because you will quote it later. But I will answer this in a certain way that at least gives you something to go by:

1. Wipes generally happen because they are required to happen for that update. IE: Weapon size changes, etc.

2. Nowadays players are actually wanting to get wipes so it might change the initial plan to not have wipes after release. Yes, we listen and we take actions from what you suggest or ask for.

3. The development of the game will still continue after the release and to say no completely might not be accurate.

4. There is currently a discussion to implement a way of wiping certain progress only. For example Just stash and loot, etc. This will come in handy when a certain update needs a wipe but not a complete wipe. Example: The inventory item size changes that I mentioned and many possible other reasons.

So, in short, it is still not a good time to give a definite answer but you can read the above and see where this topic is at right now.

Hopefully this have helped at least a little bit :)

behi09ma
3 hours ago, xDice said:

Hello every one ! I'm new around and i was wondering if i could place a question over here !?
May i ask for how long the dev will keep wiping after major updates? Is the wipe part of EFT?
They will stop wiping the servers? From one  POV i do understand that we have to test and give feed backs!
But from my POV while i can't play daily the game cause of my full time job i got sick of starting all over again ...

there is no wipe every update, last wipe was 5 or 6 months ago so you have plenty of time to make progress, and as long as i know we will have no wipe after the full release.

TheWhistler
Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, xDice said:

Hey there Dice, a little more information on wipes for you: 

Side note, there will likely be a way to "wipe" your character after full release but otherwise (according to many occasions including the post above) wipes will not happen after wipe *unless required for some specific reason*

Edited by TheWhistler

xDice
Posted (edited)

Thanks everyone for your replys :))) 
I'm guessing we have to wait ... 

Any leak about when the game will be ready? "release"

Edited by xDice

TheWhistler
6 hours ago, xDice said:

Thanks everyone for your replys :))) 
I'm guessing we have to wait ... 

Any leak about when the game will be ready? "release"

Nope, there is no solid information on release. We just have to wait until BSG gives us info on that closer to release. Otherwise, it's just speculation.

Vindsvept

Wipes will happen with major updates aslong the game is in development. They will add servers after release that feature wipes in certain timelines and servers that will have permanent progression (no wipes).