Sledgestone

Strafing during combat...

Sledgestone

How exactly do you counter this? Ran only factory yesterday and every single person I met spammed ADAD while shooting with perfect accuracy. 

Am I at a disadvantage by peeking behind cover while they’re strafing side to side out in the open?

I swear that they’re moving so fast that they actually can dodge my bullets. 

Einreich80

I feel your pain frankly my character cannot move that fast back and forth sideways.  It's a speed hack.  I find especially if you spawn early in the match while they're still in their "feeding frenzy" mode they just ESP right to you, strafe at light speed while shooting you right in the face.  
   For the time being while I really like the game and do SCAV runs.  That's pretty much it as I wait and hopefully at some point down the road they'll get on top of the situation.      

• Hot 1

schubbey
vor 52 Minuten schrieb Sledgestone:

I swear that they’re moving so fast that they actually can dodge my bullets. 

video proof would be nice so people dont spam hack :)

however if your character is advanced in skills like recoil you can strafe shoot np, while you wont hit anything without skills leveled up high and the best meta gun you wont hit full auto even while proning (sure first shot hits but after that...)

Sledgestone
Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, schubbey said:

video proof would be nice so people dont spam hack :)

however if your character is advanced in skills like recoil you can strafe shoot np, while you wont hit anything without skills leveled up high and the best meta gun you wont hit full auto even while proning (sure first shot hits but after that...)

I’m not calling hack at all. I don’t think that they are, because almost all of the pmcs I encounter are doing it. 

I’m asking for a way to counter it. Right now I’m trying to follow their movement with my mouse, but they’re going to fast for me to keep up. 

Would it be better to just aim at head level and full auto and let them walk into it?

Edited by Sledgestone

BanditMaka
Posted (edited)

Cover is still better, but hopefully they add some kind of inertia to the jiggle at some point.

Rather than them moving faster than the bullet it's probably the server having to catch up.
They peaked and saw you, who didn't move, so where you are on their screen is where you stay. When they aim and shoot it lands.
But where they are on your screen, is where they were a fraction of a second ago. Something like that.

Edited by BanditMaka
  • Like 1

schubbey
Posted (edited)
Am 16.5.2020 um 18:45 schrieb Sledgestone:

I’m not calling hack at all. I don’t think that they are, because almost all of the pmcs I encounter are doing it. 

I’m asking for a way to counter it. Right now I’m trying to follow their movement with my mouse, but they’re going to fast for me to keep up. 

Would it be better to just aim at head level and full auto and let them walk into it?

yeah youre not talking bout hack but look the first reply...

as i mentioned already, recoil is based on skill level and gun, so if you miss the first 2 shots (no matter if aiming head or thorax) you mostly wont kill your target with a spray, so most of the time its the best counter to use single shots on range...i know thats not possible most of the time, but sometimes its "easy" to sneak away or wait for closest attack possible

until you fully control the spray (doesnt matter if its your personal skill or weapon or character skill) its just about luck using full auto in my opinion...

so yes let them walk into you, best advice to always use comtacs (headset from ragman level 2) steps will be so loud so you have enough time to switch from single shot to full auto if theres no other option, if you can let target run by, feel free to shoot him from behind :)  (depending on the situation of course)

also might help you to use the shooting range in the hideout, if you aim at the head and release a full spray like you would normally use you should hit atleast 20/30 shots...doesnt matter if full spray or spray little barrages of 5 bullets or whatever youre confident with (thats what we said for csgo competitive atleast)

Am 16.5.2020 um 18:50 schrieb BanditMaka:

They peaked and saw you, who didn't move, so where you are on their screen is where you stay. When they aim and shoot it lands.

yeah thats what they call the high ping advantage, the higher the ping the more server back calculation...this should only affect the peek tho as server calculates the screen for both players simultaniously (wouldnt have the chance to shoot back at all), so i assume its more about bullets missing head/thorax

Edited by schubbey
  • Upvote 1

S5_Mr_Wiggle

shotgun the legs.

if i had my way they would faceplant.