SirBeardy

gifting help

SirBeardy

i tried to get the game for a buddy of mine. after checkout  it didn't charge my credit card, but i did get a "Pre-order Escape from Tarkov" email with a nine digit number (not sure if it's important) i added a screenshot of the email with the code blurred out

Capture.thumb.PNG.8d35198608e880c3e052c59cc6d1752e.PNG

TheWhistler
Posted (edited)

Hey there SirBeardy, If I'm not mistaken this code is for your friend. They should be able to enter it on his/her EFT profile (this should then activate the copy of the game for them). Possibly here?: https://www.escapefromtarkov.com/promo/activate

Edited by TheWhistler
  • Like 1

DamineZ

i wish i had a friend like you

• Like 1

SirBeardy
17 minutes ago, TheWhistler said:

Hey there SirBeardy, If I'm not mistaken this code is for your friend. He should be able to enter it on his/her EFT profile (this should then activate the copy of the game for them).

i'm not sure why it didn't charge me though, not unless it will charge me after my friend redeems it

Niewiarygodny
8 minutes ago, SirBeardy said:

i'm not sure why it didn't charge me though, not unless it will charge me after my friend redeems it

i doubt that it works like this, but sure i can be wrong.
1. It would be super akward
2. It would be the only site which actually do such thing, right?

I would say that seems like some bug for me, idk if that bug happened on BSG side or casue of method of payment you choosed.

But most likely if after x time, BSG realise that they are missing money for specific game copy, they just revoke access to EFT on such account. (Thats what they do, if someone buy EFT game with stolen credit card and then after x months such payment is being reversed)

So if i were you i would contact BSG via their support page, to avoid such situacion in the future which may or may not happen at all.

Cheers!

TheWhistler
14 minutes ago, SirBeardy said:

I'm not sure why it did not charge you, that is odd. I'm not sure I can give you a solid answer there. Just wanted to make sure your friend could redeem it. I would definitely ask support about that for the reasons stated above. Hopefully you can get it resolved. Best of luck.

swats73

Credit card charges can take a few hours to show up on your account, unlike debit cards that that are processed instantly. 

Swats73 

SirBeardy
Posted (edited)
30 minutes ago, swats73 said:

Credit card charges can take a few hours to show up on your account, unlike debit cards that that are processed instantly. 

Swats73 

i did use a debit card :| i hope it don't charge me twice

Edited by SirBeardy

SirBeardy
40 minutes ago, Niewiarygodny said:

i doubt that it works like this, but sure i can be wrong.
1. It would be super akward
2. It would be the only site which actually do such thing, right?

I would say that seems like some bug for me, idk if that bug happened on BSG side or casue of method of payment you choosed.

But most likely if after x time, BSG realise that they are missing money for specific game copy, they just revoke access to EFT on such account. (Thats what they do, if someone buy EFT game with stolen credit card and then after x months such payment is being reversed)

So if i were you i would contact BSG via their support page, to avoid such situacion in the future which may or may not happen at all.

Cheers!

i used the same card i used to buy my copy. please battlestate i ment no harm

swats73
38 minutes ago, SirBeardy said:

i did use a debit card :| i hope it don't charge me twice

If you have any concerns about the transaction contact xsolla support as they handle it on behalf of BSG. 

Swats73 

Niewiarygodny
14 hours ago, SirBeardy said:

i used the same card i used to buy my copy. please battlestate i ment no harm

As i said, just contact with xsola/bsg support to explain what happened if it's all ok or not :).
They will tell you what to do/what happened, here, we on forum, can only guess :D

Gl!

• Like 1