trueno2k

PVE only mode instead of Offline mode?

trueno2k

Why could this not be thing?.. I'm just not getting anywhere fast in raid using either or my PMC or scan chars!.. I'm a complete noob to this game and I am not at all any good with FPS games especially where is comes to PVP'ing!.. Would love the offline mode become a PVE only mode where I can still earn experience but with severely reduced xp gain and the loot isn't as great as the Open mode?..  This would help me earn something while I learn the maps and mechanics!.. Offline mode will get me nowhere fast beside I learning to improve my game play and by that time happens it will probably be another wipe!..

Anyways, thanks for reading...

• Like 4
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 3

skyflashde

The problem is, nobody would play the PvP mode anymore, because its actually just bad for new or bad players.

Its very imbalanced, there is no matchmaking, and you cant compete because the game makes you A LOT weaker than experienced players by the skill system and the fact that you cant buy the ammo you need to actually kill them.

Which means like every new player would just go play PvE and the PvP would probably die over time.

So they force you into PvP.

No way they will ever do a real PvE mode.

• Sad 3
  • Upvote 3

trueno2k

How about limiting the amount of resources available in raid and take out access to flee market and any other good stuff that can be had in the open mode?  Offline mode does nothing for me in the ways of in-game char progression.

There must be a way to make progression easier for us noobs without the constant dying ( which results in very little do or no xp gain ) in every raid we go into?

Edited by trueno2k

TheFondler
5 minutes ago, trueno2k said:

How about limiting the amount of resources available in raid and take out access to flee market and any other good stuff that can be had in the open mode?  Offline mode does nothing for me in the ways of in-game char progression.

There must be a way to make progression easier for us noobs without the constant dying ( which results in very little do or no xp gain ) in every raid we go into?

How long ago did you start? Right now there is mostly 5 man sweaty chads running around, so yes as a new player you are going to have a rough time. After a wipe though, you will find it more fun when there is more players of your level and not so many people have top tier gear. 

And the wipe is soon tm. 

I would focus on either using 7.62 ammo, like a SKS for cheap weapon, or look for something high flesh damage and aim for legs. sweaty chats have Slick armour, which does not protect the stomach. Shotgun them 3 times in the legs / stomach with like a saiga or mp153, they die just as easily as you do.

• Upvote 1

skyflashde
vor 16 Minuten schrieb TheFondler:

Shotgun them 3 times in the legs / stomach with like a saiga or mp153, they die just as easily as you do.

Yes, just that after your first shot you will be dead, which is a problem regarding shot 2 and 3.

opiat3

Use the search function before posting the same subject over and over again. It has been stated by the devs more then once that there will be no pve mode.

sYs
31 minutes ago, opiat3 said:

Use the search function before posting the same subject over and over again. It has been stated by the devs more then once that there will be no pve mode.

Tho there is gonna be 'offline' mode where you can play with your friends BUT WITHOUT PROGRESS SAVING

For testing, training and video making n'stuff. 

trueno2k
8 hours ago, opiat3 said:

😛

8 hours ago, skyflashde said:

Yes, just that after your first shot you will be dead, which is a problem regarding shot 2 and 3.

Yes, this would be my argument aswell!

MarcBorgia

Ive wish there was a way they could do like a scav to pmc ratio deal, where if you need a certain amount of PMC kills for a task, you need to kill like 10 scavs and itll count as one PMC. Only think about this because there are plenty of raids that i never even see a player, even trying to chase down gun fire or go to the hotspots. So alot of the quests take a while just because there are so few options. Granted i think 90% of the quests need to be redone.

• Confused 1

YoFatManz
On 5/17/2020 at 5:32 PM, skyflashde said:

The problem is, nobody would play the PvP mode anymore, because its actually just bad for new or bad players.

Its very imbalanced, there is no matchmaking, and you cant compete because the game makes you A LOT weaker than experienced players by the skill system and the fact that you cant buy the ammo you need to actually kill them.

Which means like every new player would just go play PvE and the PvP would probably die over time.

So they force you into PvP.

No way they will ever do a real PvE mode.

Have to disagree with this.  Part of the excitement of the game comes from the PvP aspect.  Having said that, I understand the concern.  As a level 6 player it is significantly more difficult for me in a 1 on 1 gunfight with someone who is at 25 or even 15.  That's partly owing to experience, but not entirely.  It wouldn't be the worst thing in the world to implement a PvE service that worked up to a point, maybe level 10, and/or a limited loot mechanic that down-tiered the loot available or made it much more sparse.  They could even implement a system limiting the number of PvE runs you could do to 1 an hour or 1 a day, much like the Scav timer.  It's not impossible, and could help us noobs get more situated by being able to learn the maps and mechanics without feeling like we're wasting time that could be spent progressing (aka dying at extract).

• Upvote 1

Saws_n_Sins

Offline mode should be it's entire own game. What I mean by that is completely different stash, pmc, hideout for example than you're normal online account. No flea market of course cause it's offline so how would their be a flea market. An increased number of scavs but you can't select how many scavs or difficulty of them like you can now.

Then just add a mode called "Practice" (which could be with your online or offline account) and would be exactly what offline mode is now.

• Like 1

FeatheredDancer

Honestly as a new player myself, this game is next to unplayable unless I'm playing at a super, super low traffic time. Like, I go in as kitted as I can afford, but it won't matter. Some PMC with 10 or more grenades will lock me down then rush me with a gun that I can't hope to match wearing armor I can't hope to penetrate, all because I want to do one of Prapor or Skiers quests that makes me go to the absolute trash can that is Customs. I understand that this issue is only because of how long its been since a wipe and I'm doing better now -- legit just because I was spamming 0 equipment and empty gamma case ratting around while i feebily attempt to get any sort of loot going, but even still I can't ever match up to the level 50's with 100mil rubles and weapons, ammo, and armor I can't ever match up. An offline mode for like, the first 5-10 levels would have been EXTREMELY helpful, to help me learn a map, and get some of the skills up as well as some equipment without just, losing everything I walk in with considering that insuring means absolutely nothing when those level 50's see some garbage PM and go "oh yeah that's legit worthless, might as well take it with me". I get that that's not what Tarkov is about, that it's about the PVP survival aspect but, seriously. It took me 3 weeks just to do the bronze watch Prapor mission because every time I'd just get 1 tapped from someone I didn't even know existed. That's not survival, that's not gameplay. That's just not fun at all. Personally to me at least.

• Sad 1
  • Upvote 1

jazz1020

I would like to suggest that the PVE version can stand out as another game for free. (Still have the offline mod in PVP version) That way more players will try on the free PVE version and get attracted by the game which makes them want to buy the PVP mode.

On 5/22/2020 at 12:38 AM, Saws_n_Sins said:

Offline mode should be it's entire own game. What I mean by that is completely different stash, pmc, hideout for example than you're normal online account. No flea market of course cause it's offline so how would their be a flea market. An increased number of scavs but you can't select how many scavs or difficulty of them like you can now.

Then just add a mode called "Practice" (which could be with your online or offline account) and would be exactly what offline mode is now.

Totally what I want

• Like 2

Edmaster

Yeah, like a parallel game which is almost the same but you can only play PVE and no chance to use that equipment and experience in online mode. I WILL LOVE something like that.

Edited by Edmaster

LasseNielsen

What you guys want, is actually what BSG wanted to make the whole time.

A stalker like single player game... But a story driven single player game can't be in early access, it would ruin the story.

Escape from Tarkov, was a way they could get funding for their single player game. 

But escape from tarkov just exploded, and they are having to focus more on it then the other game.

So in 5 years time, there is going to be a really cool BSG single player game 🙂 

Until then, don't expect EFT to ever get a single player mode/ PvE mode. That would directly compete with their next project.

bloomRX

i really wish tarkov add the PvE game mode. the game is good but im tired with cheater and campers.
not go to gathering yourself sitting around each corner bush in entire matches, so lame.

Krymz_

I remember the original videos of tarkov, where it was just a first person view of a PMC with an AK (or whatever gun), creeping around in factory, hearing noises like scavs talking or shooting, yet we would not see any action at all.

now it's sprinting ballerinas running for the spots dumping nades and mags like there's no tomorrow.  the immersion is mostly gone as soon as a player is around.

Offline progression, with no assurances, no markets, just pure survival and questing, would be the best thing ever I'd probably restart playing every week instead of a couple offline modes game once in a while, and trow myself down at some PvP too once in a while.

I don't see how all the players who "just want to pvp" are going to stop playing PvP for having a lack of bambis to kill. If anything it's going to take a % of hatchling out of the PvP, and have players geared to fight and looking for trouble walking around.

Online "practice mode" (like offline, but with grouping) would be great for new players trying to get used to the basics with friends, and people who want to make videos like FairTX.

I think there's enough players, and that the maps won't become empty online because of it.

• Like 1

trueno2k

Thanks all above for inputting all your thoughts into this thread it's much appreciated!..

Having a PvE/CoOP mode where we can have online like progression for our PMCs would make to world of differences for all new/noob players like me where they don't have to worry about some other much experienced tarkov player one tapping them from half way of the map.

PvE mode could be something similar to "The Division" where you level up on your own or CoOP with friends against the AI, and also do all the tasks that don't involve killing other players and finding in raid items, would be a great idea for us noobs and first time players!  Then, if we choose to PvP, can go into a PvP specific map(s) to go against other players, maybe Labs/Streets of Tarkov could be them PvP mode maps?  Here, also is where you can have all the tasks that needs killing other players or item looting with the "found in raid" status.

In terms of loot for PvE, maybe they could be just be task/hideout related only items that spawn in the PvE maps plus on top of what we can loot from the AI's once killed of course cuz you have to, seeing there be no other opposing player(s) on map to kill them for you to just loot whatevers left on the dead bodies which did happen for me when I spawn on Reserve, and of course items found in PvE mode are also NOT found-in-raid.  That way flea market is still available for players to buy stuff but not sell their loot found in PvE  mode, no?

As for experience leveling this also could be nerfed so it would take much much longer to gain experience points and so maybe force most of us all on PvE mode to stay in raid longer or for the full duration of the time allowed just so that the "Run Through" is still a thing aswell, unless of which some of us are not bothered as it's something to do with found-in-raid item I would assume, right?

Anyways, anything I haven't talked about would love to have your input.

Thanks again to all that have spent their precious time to voice their opinions across in this thread.

👍

• Like 1

Grim_Exodus-TTV

Personally, I would also love an offline co-op/pve mode. I've been playing for a few months now (on and off) and I thoroughly enjoy the game and its mechanics. However, being a dad and having a wife I dont have time to keep up with the skill of other more consistent players. This would give us "filthy casuals" the practice we need and could help boost our confidence to pvp a little more. All in all it sure won't hurt the game in any way, like someone stated above just keep the profiles separate from each other. I feel like it really could potentially bring more people into the world of Tarkov and all it has to offer. Great way for players to get friends into it as well without a hardcore punch to the gut start most new people experience.