Tarkov is begining to feel like Call Of Duty

DrStone

I am exited for the future of Tarkov especially with the leaks for the upcoming updates but I am also a little worried because currently the game play is not even close to realistic. The only thing that is realistic about tarkov is the guns models. But the damage model, recoil and the movement are anything but realistic and this is especially apparent in Factory, Labs and dorms. People are constantly sprinting and bunny-hopping then hipfire/pointshoot full auto meta guns builds extremely accurately while A D spamming. I hoped that the weight system would make the movement more realistic but all it dose is drain your stamina, plus you can still run full speed with mega thick kits on. The Devs need to revamp the movement system and add inertia so there is no more instantaneous 180 turns and A-D spamming (strafe spamming) corners instead of using the leaning mechanics (The game Squad has really good movement system IMO) . I think that would be a step in the right direction especially for a game that claims to be realistic.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 2
  • Upvote 10
Spectro887
4 minutes ago, buckmg1 said:

Go play squad if you want your realism circlejerk and let EFT be its own thing.
Milsim cucks will ruin the game.

You are the one who has to get out of the balls, a new player who probably came to play seeing his useless little streamers will never know how this game was before all this poo fell on him, the game should be realistic says the explanation on the game itself, you are ruining this game.

Edited by Spectro887
  • Like 6
  • Hot 3
  • Sad 1
skyflashde

What do you mean "beginning" to feel like?

At least since I am here it IS Call of Duty, and it even got worse during that time. Granted, I only joined this year, but its definitely not starting like NOW.

We are in there at least months.

And might I add, not a good Call of Duty clone, more like an completely imbalanced one thats missing half of the core features.

Edited by skyflashde
  • Confused 1
vor 19 Stunden schrieb DrStone:

[...]currently the game play is not even close to realistic.

To be honest I think the game is as realistic as it gets when you compare it with whatever video games we have/had. The health/damage system could use some work and because of the poor optimisation you can't really "test" or "play" fluently but the key features are pretty good and well balanced between simulation and playability already.

vor 19 Stunden schrieb DrStone:

People are constantly sprinting and bunny-hopping then hipfire/pointshoot full auto meta guns builds extremely accurately while A D spamming. I hoped that the weight system would make the movement more realistic but all it dose is drain your stamina, plus you can still run full speed with mega thick kits on. The Devs need to revamp the movement system and add inertia so there is no more instantaneous 180 turns and A-D spamming (strafe spamming) corners instead of using the leaning mechanics (The game Squad has really good movement system IMO) . I think that would be a step in the right direction especially for a game that claims to be realistic.

Okay, I agree on that. The movement apparatus could use some tweaking. All the different postures and the leaning is pretty cool, but the A-D spamming is really annoying and unrealistic. It's like Counter Strike.

>inb4 armchair neckbeard generals eggsblaining that "in real combat hurr durr" you can sidestrafe as well

Maybe make sidestrafing slower. I think that inertia thing you mention would be a good solution too but maybe a bit hard to implement.

I haven't played Squad so far, how does it compare with Tarkov?

1 hour ago, buckmg1 said:

1 hour ago, Spectro887 said:

You are the one who has to get out of the balls

Guys, let's try to keep the topic civil.

I understand your opinions and for the most part agree, but the discussion should still be civilized.

Thanks in advance for your understanding.

TheHappyMile
vor 11 Minuten schrieb DrStone:

I'm just gonna leave this here for you.

https://youtu.be/TJfcaCmMy7c?t=93

~its time stamped:scwhink:

I seriously hope they will adjust their direction to what it should have been in 2016. Or if they are on trak - let it become visible rather sooner then later xD

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Beside the movement and tankiness the big problem is that people that are rich in tarkov and unlocked most stuff from traders just can play like its CoD on the very CoD maps. I think the game has more than this to offer but when you self just always go to Factory and Labs or watching no life streamers then it can create the wrong picture.

The Original idea is still in place its just that alot of player can allow it them self. 

Sure with an much harsehr health system like Squad or Red Orchestra had, no one would run aroun... but it would also make the game not that interessting i think. Even in Tarkov you can die quick if you dont have top Armor + position... making it like Red Orchestra would just push people to extreme cheesy playstyles. 

It is realistic to just wait for DAYS on one spot. Realism doesnt mean we need everything. Its not an Milsim with an Objective like typical Warfare milsims have so it would be pretty annoying playstyle. Just play Insurgency 2 i guess. 

_Dodger
On 5/19/2020 at 12:42 PM, buckmg1 said:

this has to be one of the most ignorant statements i have ever read on this forum, so your telling me you are playing a simulated game of military combat operation's and you think "mil-sim cucks" are going to RUIN it?????????????? your one of those kids that rode the "special yellow bus" to school arent you?

On 5/19/2020 at 6:42 PM, buckmg1 said:

I doubt many will agree but you can go play squad if you want EFT to be what it currently is and let us have the game that was promised.

Edited by Zyfer
Capacitygear

So the OP was interesting, first comment was obnoxious and obviously a troll from someone new with very few posts, its a forum, it happens....

But then we have so many quoting that one post and having a cry about it, derailing the whole thread, well done guys.

This is why people stick to reddit.

Its not the trolls that makes this forum a waste of time its you lot who insist on quoting the dumb posts over and over.

If trolls are the smoke, you're the cancer

Edited by Capacitygear
DrStone
On 5/22/2020 at 2:30 AM, Sekij said:

Beside the movement and tankiness the big problem is that people that are rich in tarkov and unlocked most stuff from traders just can play like its CoD on the very CoD maps. I think the game has more than this to offer but when you self just always go to Factory and Labs or watching no life streamers then it can create the wrong picture.

The Original idea is still in place its just that alot of player can allow it them self. 

Sure with an much harsehr health system like Squad or Red Orchestra had, no one would run aroun... but it would also make the game not that interessting i think. Even in Tarkov you can die quick if you dont have top Armor + position... making it like Red Orchestra would just push people to extreme cheesy playstyles. 

It is realistic to just wait for DAYS on one spot. Realism doesnt mean we need everything. Its not an Milsim with an Objective like typical Warfare milsims have so it would be pretty annoying playstyle. Just play Insurgency 2 i guess. 

Tarkov dose not have to be a milsim. I mainly just want the recoil and the movement to change to be more realistic. As far as the damage goes I am hoping it will change when they add the armor hit boxes in .13

Heisoverthere

Its fun to read because of the whine that never stops.

They have allready stated they are fixing the A-D peaking and loads of other stuff.
Insted of the constant whine, come up with suggestions that would help the game.

Edited by DenOndeBonde
  • Confused 1
DrStone
10 hours ago, DenOndeBonde said:

Its fun to read because of the whine that never stops.

They have allready stated they are fixing the A-D peaking and loads of other stuff.
Insted of the constant whine, come up with suggestions that would help the game.

what are they implementing that's fixing that?

Capacitygear
17 hours ago, DrStone said:

what are they implementing that's fixing that?

Can fix it by reducing animation speed, much like you cannot insta crouch and stand in quick succession, or make it so leaning from one side to another requires you to lean, upright then lean, or a combination of the two

halberger

I recommend watching the whole series, here's the highlights:

Since a picture is worth a thousand words and a movie is worth thousand pictures, here is how it is done and how we would like it to be. Quick peek instead of ADAD, among other things. The key is to have an agile and quick operator without typical FPS stunts or slapstick-fast movement.

• Thanks 1
DrStone
4 hours ago, halberger said:

Quick peek instead of ADAD, among other things. The key is to have an agile and quick operator without typical FPS stunts or slapstick-fast movement.

Yass queen

traumacode

I understand where OP is coming from, but I disagree that this game is anything like CoD.  I would agree that the movement and recoil require optimization, but CoD remains in a league of it's own in regards to unrealistic gunplay.

• Sad 1
jimmy_20039

Let's just face the truth that as long as the game is played by mouse and keyboard (or joystick), every online shooter game will become CoD-like more or less. It's just not possible to avoid that. There will always be some genius playing this game in the way the game is not intended to be played.  

For me this game will work so much better if it is a pure offline or coop PvE game. I mean it already has some very astonishing AI that can play somehow realistic tactics and have reactions just like normal human will have in real world. EFT can literally become the game with best AI in the history if they keep working on it.

Although I've only get this game for a week, the offline experience just feel WAY more "realistic" to me.

I know people are going to yell "Dev says there will be no single player mode" at me again, but I'm just expressing my true feelings as a player. And maybe more and more of these sounds will make devs change their mind.

Edited by jimmy_20039
  • Like 1
MagicPaw
vor 37 Minuten schrieb jimmy_20039:

Let's just face the truth that as long as the game is played by mouse and keyboard (or joystick), every online shooter game will become CoD-like more or less. It's just not possible to avoid that. There will always be some genius playing this game in the way the game is not intended to be played.  

For me this game will work so much better if it is a pure offline or coop PvE game. I mean it already has some very astonishing AI that can play somehow realistic tactics and have reactions just like normal human will have in real world. EFT can literally become the game with best AI in the history if they keep working on it.

Although I've only get this game for a week, the offline experience just feel WAY more "realistic" to me.

I know people are going to yell "Dev says there will be no single player mode" at me again, but I'm just expressing my true feelings as a player. And maybe more and more of these sounds will make devs change their mind.

Absolutely not true.

Look at old 'simulators' like the Ghost Recon series or Rainbow 6, even more contemporary titles, like Squad, Post Scriptum and Red Orchestra / Rising Storm don't suffer from these issues.

It's all in the game design.

Also, "very astonishing AI that can play somehow realistic tactics and have reactions just like normal human" I wanna know if you still hold that opinion in 3 months. The AI is not only trash, but performance demanding trash, enhanced with the occasional aimbot to keep things challenging. The bad AI becomes very apparent after some time, especially on Raiders. Very OP, but easy to farm because of stupid AI.

Edited by MagicPaw
  • Like 1