Nordmenns, Íslendingar, Suomalainen...

tobiassolem

tobiassolem

I'm writing this post in english, as I understand that swedish (my native tongue) is not necessarily understood by all of you.

My task as emissary of Sweden is to gather the input on the current development and relay feedback and ideas to Battlestate. As I know that there is no representative for each of the countries, I have taken upon myself to also have my brother countries nations heard.

Thus, should you wish to contribute to this list of ideas, feel welcome to do so in this thread. (It is OK to write here in English).

• 5 months later...

Hejsan Tobias!

Im a Finn and Ive seen countless other Finns playing. Most of the Finnish young adult men serve in the army, so maybe they are not as much in need of Sherpa assistance as some other people, but the lack of a Finnish EFT community is a shame anyways.

If you want to gather input, Im gonna shortly address sth here now: 

The state of EFT now and the (perceived?) uncertainty some have of its future. To sum it up, we are testing a stage of EFT where its not as casual as it was before medical animations, for example, but the gunfights are quite forgiving, TTK is quite high and unrealistic helmets still give the middle finger to realism. The movement and strafing has been addressed, it will change to sth more realistic, but what about the helmets? What about the possibility of simulated organs (heart, spine, maybe even spleen, liver?).

Ive always thought that its clear, that the dev't is just slow and this is "just a phase". Hatchlings were pretty much neutered, for example, which is a very good sign. Heavy bleeds make gunfights just a little bit more punishing. What Id like to be passed on to BSG and thus answered, is this: How can you guarantee or promise to us that you guys keep making a realistic HC game, instead of catering to the casual masses?

Ive seen many veteran beta testers lost their hope already, Id even go as far as to suggest making a video about the current state of dev't, showcasing whats the progress and more importantly telling us what are the next steps in slowing, intensifying, "hard-e-core-ning" the gameplay. Whats the situation with modular plate carriers, or even just the plates? Will the helmets be made more realistic then? Will the plates be unrealistically protective, as the armors wont cover as big of an area anymore?

Personally I havent lost hope, but I can understand how the casual masses so oftenly think that EFT is not gonna change drastically and at the same time why some vets, longing for a true HC experience, have lost their hope bc they think EFT has lost its way. Making a dev diary sort of video would be more accessible, so the casual masses can actually watch it and understand too. 

Edited by p4nnus
  • Like 1
tobiassolem

Hej!

Thank you for your post @p4nnus - I do keep in touch with some people in the finnish community that really enjoy EFT. So I get some viewpoints from Finland. I would very much like to hear even more contributions here from all of Scandinavia. Your post is appreciated.

The development of Escape of Tarkov is not progressing in the pace that the devs originally wanted. This is not a "usual" game by any standards. There are a lot of things being done that has never been done before, breaching the limitations of the game engine to the point where the game is actually helping to evolve the engine itself in the development. Replacing the engine more than once requires in certain cases re-writes and refactoring large parts of the core mechanics, including models and graphics. But all of this will be worth it in the end, because it would be very hard to realize the vision of the game in the first Unity version used back in 2015.

13 minutes ago, p4nnus said:

Personally I havent lost hope, but I can understand how the casual masses so oftenly think that EFT is not gonna change drastically and at the same time why some vets, longing for a true HC experience, have lost their hope bc they think EFT has lost its way. Making a dev diary sort of video would be more accessible, so the casual masses can actually watch it and understand too. 

I am one of these people who long for a strong hardcore and immersive version of EFT. And I am still hopeful. After Nikita's statements during the russian podcast, and some of the recent changes (heavy bleeds like you mentioned) - it tells me that there still is a game; once polished that will meet my requirements. If not exceed them.

I would not be where I am if I didn't think so, and with what I've learnt as of late, there is not presently anything that tells me I have a reason to worry. But I understand and share some of the concerns. I've been quite adament that the movement-mechanics need a strong do-over, and for certain animations to return. While I've heard no absolute promise, I have indeed heard that there are many things being looked at and considered. And many of them will make the game more harsh in terms of punishing player mistakes.

Take care my friend! :)

• Like 3