Sign in to follow this  
BaD_KaRMa_701

Implement basic crafting

BaD_KaRMa_701

Implementing crafting for basic items  combining  certain basic items to make better items  organizing items in inventory  break down items 

I feel it would add another layer to the game play if you could  find a box of bullets  and save spent casing's and  kill someone and hes got say shotgun shells you break down the shell into, pellets or slug,the shell, gunpowder, now you have a box of 9mm bullets and spent cases for your pistol you combine the gun powder bullets and  cases and have x amount of rounds.   another example is making Molotov cocktails  Vodka bottles, kerosene can w fuel, rags or you can take bandages and combine them to make medkits  basic items that can be combined or formed into more useful items  or broken down for materials that can be re-purposed.

Edited by BaD_KaRMa_701
  • Upvote 1

Detector

Not so sure about the re-using of spent casings as it would require a reloading press. I can get into your molotov idea, though. What about improvised splints, or camouflage?

MrScimitar

yeah improvised splints and also improvised bandages, like add clothing into the game, like jumpers and shirts that can change the appearance under your tac vest, so if we need to we are able to tear it up into bandages,

• Upvote 1

BaD_KaRMa_701
On 1/16/2017 at 5:44 PM, snikkel said:

Not so sure about the re-using of spent casings as it would require a reloading press. I can get into your molotov idea, though. What about improvised splints, or camouflage?

maybe you take the items and turn them into the trader for rounds for a smaller fee then buying them ?  as for the rest why not if its relatively easier for the dev's to implement.  Im all for increased play-ability  and anything related to surviving and increasing your chances of escaping .ex what would you do if you were really there trying to survive.  maybe you find a reloading press maybe you have to trade items for someone to do the reloading for you.  

• Upvote 1

Baba_Yaga
On 17.01.2017 at 0:26 AM, BaD_KaRMa_701 said:

I feel it would add another layer to the game play if you could  find a box of bullets  and save spent casing's and  kill someone and hes got say shotgun shells you break down the shell into, pellets or slug,the shell, gunpowder, now you have a box of 9mm bullets and spent cases for your pistol you combine the gun powder bullets and  cases and have x amount of rounds.   another example is making Molotov cocktails  Vodka bottles, kerosene can w fuel, rags or you can take bandages and combine them to make medkits  basic items that can be combined or formed into more useful items  or broken down for materials that can be re-purposed.

Its not so easy to produce ammo, Gunpowder used in shells is kinda different than in pistol rounds, and you would need Press like someone said it before and also something to melt lead into bullet (projectile) and you still missing primers.

But crafting would be nice idea but in kinda different circumstances becouse now it's really easy to get meds or food.

mcshaver

I wholeheartedly agree with the introduction of crafting, but am totally against the prospect of reloading ammo.  This would make no sense during raids, (it takes forever, somewhere between 1 and 2 rounds per minute MAX) and having to collect (likely individually to preserve the realism) spent casings would be so tedious.  Additionally, having all those empty casings bouncing around in your pocket would create some substantial noise.  I feel like they should introduce additional sound on players with loose ammo in bags/pockets to encourage players to refrain from breaking ammo bricks.

Back to crafting, molotov cocktails are an absolute MUST and the introduction of traps on crates or doorways with grenades, nuts/bolts (shrapnel), and string/tape would be so cool.  Torches might be useful for players who are willing to risk it.  I feel as though crafting capability will really shine with gun smithing, using scrap loot to restore the quality of weapon parts.

Cosantoir
On 1/16/2017 at 11:26 PM, BaD_KaRMa_701 said:

Implementing crafting for basic items  combining  certain basic items to make better items  organizing items in inventory  break down items 

It's a pretty cool idea, while I disagree that this should be a direction for the game to take my concern is more on the end game. For a game server to run a 16km map, track all 64* players their actions, loos and then the countless entities created by introducing a system like this would potentially make servers lag pretty bad or sizable inconsistencies in the overall game play.

Long story short it may just be too much of a stretch right now.

Baba_Yaga
4 hours ago, mcshaver said:

Back to crafting, molotov cocktails are an absolute MUST and the introduction of traps on crates or doorways with grenades, nuts/bolts (shrapnel), and string/tape would be so cool.  Torches might be useful for players who are willing to risk it.  I feel as though crafting capability will really shine with gun smithing, using scrap loot to restore the quality of weapon parts.

Can't wait to see that :D Torch in one hand and PM in second. xD

BaD_KaRMa_701
On 1/21/2017 at 10:38 AM, mcshaver said:

Yes.. I agree this is a must   I mean in what riot or anarchy in the world hasn't seen at least one of these thrown..  the Traps are another must  you cant just whilly nilly open a door  or crate  something fallout style could be implemented in the way you open things so you have a chance to disarm. added layer of stress, a way to ambush  the outcome could vary widely in a PvP match and the fun that traps could entail :)

Edited by BaD_KaRMa_701
  • Upvote 1

sammymatik

Piece if string + duct tape+ grenade = trap. 

That sorta stuff would be fun

• Upvote 1

Duskcrown

Sounds like you want to play DayZ or h1z1 but sorry this is tarkov :)

sammymatik
1 hour ago, Duskcrown said:

Played both and others, there are lessons to be learned.  The game is in development so, no this not tarkov... just a shadow of it.  

I"d be curious to see if the devs are polling the alpha players on this stuff?  

BaD_KaRMa_701
9 hours ago, Duskcrown said:

I've played both , and seen numerous amounts of movies and survivor/Apocalyptic / Zombie shows. as well attend boy scouts as a kid and Military Wilderness Survivor School as a Member of the Armed forces, and Crafting of some sort is a part of survival and a realistic part. Now I'm not saying they need to implement collecting wood and raw ore and create a shotgun no,  But  Duct tape, and the blue rolls of tape to repair a broken stock as temp measure to make a shogun usable YES,  Items to make Molotov Cocktails YES, which in turn makes the lighters and cigarettes now more important.  

Combining Medical Items at the Nurse trader for Better Medical Gear,  Adding a Gunsmith/ Ammo Trader  

Could add the ability to Repair Weapons and gear with found Items Duct tape, Paper, Metal Plates,ex AR500 steel. Damaged gear for a lower price then repairing the single item for higher cost through other traders.  Add  to the Fence cheap disposable armor thin metal plate with a phone book glued to it and the whole thing is duct taped to the person  we called it "Haji armor" when encountered in Sadr city stops 9mm well and 5.56 at long range cheap and somewhat effective.

Box of Brass, Box of Bullets, Container of gun Powder could be implement as items to find  and different Quantities  required for making X amount of Calibers and Number of rounds  All add to the Items to Loot and foster the Exploration of the levels not just draw out AI or players and Shoot it out  then loot the dead  exit and rinse/ repeat.

Edited by BaD_KaRMa_701

SoulCrusher

I personally would not like to see the crafting aspect initiated in this game. It causes a lot of problems for coding and server lag. I like the direction it's heading right now.

BaD_KaRMa_701
3 minutes ago, SoulCrusher said:

I personally would not like to see the crafting aspect initiated in this game. It causes a lot of problems for coding and server lag. I like the direction it's heading right now.

All the items I mentioned are similar to whats already implemented.   So coding and server Lag are a Non-Issue.  The crafting is all done at the Trader Screen  Collecting and Use is done in game session.

SoulCrusher
1 minute ago, BaD_KaRMa_701 said:

All the items I mentioned are similar to whats already implemented.   So coding and server Lag are a Non-Issue.  The crafting is all done at the Trader Screen  Collecting and Use is done in game session.

I see, so it's done outside of the actual map/game. Sounds good. Just don't want to play DayZ, Miscreated, Rust again I've already got those games and played the living sh*t out of them and especially at this price.

• Upvote 1

BaD_KaRMa_701

I am right there with you I played them as well crafting has it purpose and i feel EFT's way is outside of the game through the traders.  I definitely don't want it in game and if any part of it is in game restricted to how they have items currently implemented  example attaching mods to guns sights/ lights suppressors. crafting example gun stock breaks or found shotgun has broken stock  roll of tape applied gun works again,  albeit slower and reduced accuracy. that's the limit id place to in game crafting. could introduce items like broken foregrips  and stocks  more stripped weapons or weapons that have broken foregrips and stocks that to use you need rolls of tape to use them in session or  extract and spend Rubles at the traders to fix.

Edited by BaD_KaRMa_701