Sign in to follow this  
DeCryte

Disconnected players should be invicinble for the duration that they're disconnected from

DeCryte

RT, it feels extrodinarily heartbreaking when players are punished for something they're not in control of and cannot remedy easily. I have had multiple occasions where I entered a raid with 1000000+ rouble gears only to be disconnected outside of dorms 1 min into the game and died from a scav/player. As soon as the player come back the invicibility status remains for 0.5 seconds before disappearing.  It'll give the players a split second to orient themselves after joining back and detection of any threats. 0.5 seconds also paces by in a literal blink of an eye (humans blink lasts 0.43 seconds on average) and thus if someone did choose to camp the disconnected player (at this own risk, there might be other players around, he might be late to a popular loot location, etc etc) he still can very easily kill the player if said player is under-prepared armour wise. This protection should not however be in place when a player is in an extraction zone as to prevent people milking the system by disconnecting the internet and by invincible for the duration of the count down.

Please fix thanks.

• Sad 1

vitalsine

And then some players will alt f4 whenever they get into a firefight to save their ass. This wouldn't work. Just don't DC, and if you do, then that sucks. lol. It's happened to everyone at least once I am sure.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Sir_Mossy
Posted (edited)

Granting god mode is by far the worst way to go about fixing a problem, from it being unrealistic to it being hard to balance in a way that's actually effective and not giving any one side any sort of artificial advantage. Giving god mode wouldn't even fix the problem, as you would complain about dying when you reconnect even with a half second god mode timer.

Disconnects in games where your player persists after disconnecting are hard to balance in any way. Games like Rust that have a similar system don't offer any form of compensation/god mode to the disconnected player, as that would be ridiculously OP in any regard. God mode is a terrible, band-aid solution to a problem that could be fixed in far more effective ways, such as reducing the amount of crashes. That is always the most effective means of fixing a problem, and granting any sort of status effect to compensate for something that could be fixed otherwise is not effective.

Edited by Sir_Mossy

Zybane
Posted (edited)

People always abuse their connection status to gain an advantage. This would never work.

I've even seen some people disconnect their LAN cable briefly to walk/ghost through walls etc just to get into areas they should't be able to get to in other games.

Edited by Zybane

beddamischia

I remember a time when dc players were immune untile reconnected, you could find immortal dc hatchlings all over the map. Don't know when this has changed 

traumacode

No, people will absolutely abuse this feature if it's added to the game.  If you disconnect, it's like having narcolepsy in the middle of a battlefield.  Good luck.

• Upvote 1

Badhabit666
vor 14 Stunden schrieb DeCryte:

RT, it feels extrodinarily heartbreaking when players are punished for something they're not in control of and cannot remedy easily. I have had multiple occasions where I entered a raid with 1000000+ rouble gears only to be disconnected outside of dorms 1 min into the game and died from a scav/player. As soon as the player come back the invicibility status remains for 0.5 seconds before disappearing.  It'll give the players a split second to orient themselves after joining back and detection of any threats. 0.5 seconds also paces by in a literal blink of an eye (humans blink lasts 0.43 seconds on average) and thus if someone did choose to camp the disconnected player (at this own risk, there might be other players around, he might be late to a popular loot location, etc etc) he still can very easily kill the player if said player is under-prepared armour wise. This protection should not however be in place when a player is in an extraction zone as to prevent people milking the system by disconnecting the internet and by invincible for the duration of the count down.

Please fix thanks.

i know very well that frequent disconnects can ruin your tarkov experience, after tweaking around for tens of hours i found a way to solve my disconnect issues, maybe it helps you too. :)

https://forum.escapefromtarkov.com/topic/128512-sound-stutter-screenfreeze-into-desync-connection-lost/?tab=comments#comment-1746732

BanditMaka
Posted (edited)

Watch alt-4, or pulling the internet become the new meta. I've played multiplayer PvP games that allowed this and it was always abused. Abused way more often than people legitimately get dc'd and killed while reconnecting.

Edited by BanditMaka