rafficka

The weight system has totally ruined this game for me

rafficka

I seen from one of my favorite youtubers that Tarkov has started the pre-wipe events recently, so I decided to log on to check it out in the first time since the weight system change/skill reset update. This game is still absolutely and 100% unplayable for me because of the updated weight system. Most of the fun for me was being able to get in alot of PvP fights and carry as much gear out as I could. Now I put 1 TacTec in my bag that has maybe a few mags and nades in it and all of a sudden I'm a fat kid with extreme asthma that can only crawl at a slow walking pace. I have grinded alot of high levels in my years playing Tarkov, and I always thought buying the EOD edition of the game was worth it, however now I can't see myself even installing the game for the foreseeable future as long as the weight system stays the same.

For the Devs, thank you for providing me and my crew with a lot of entertainment in the past 2 years, but you guys have ruined all the fun of Tarkov for me and my friends. We will not be playing the new update and will likely not be playing the game at all going forward unless the movement speeds are fixed. If we wanted to walk for hours we would just play DayZ, so that's what we will be doing.

Peace

• Cold 1
  • Sad 3

DrBloom
Posted (edited)

See You Goodbye GIF by TRT

When carrying too much loot becomes your number 1 concern...

Edited by DrBloom

MagicPaw
vor 8 Minuten schrieb rafficka:

however now I can't see myself even installing the game for the foreseeable future as long as the weight system stays the same.

You're in luck, because the weight system is not going to stay the same.

From what I heard, Nikita says it's on "easy mode", right now.

From all the advertisement BSG ever did, you probably should have seen changes like this coming.

TheFondler
Posted (edited)

i kinda get it, but you could maybe make it sound a little less "entitled spoiled brat". A skill rework is coming, because the problem is not so much just the weight system, its also the skill lvl-ing system. Strength just lvls WAY to slow, causing you to have the problem of not being able to carry much, even when high level. I am ok with having to pick and choose what you take though, and not run in with 5 man thermal,  wipe the map with the massive tent backpack on your back and stuff full size body's in and sort the loot later. That was kind of ridiculous. 

Edited by TheFondler
  • Thanks 1

opiat3
24 minutes ago, rafficka said:

For the Devs, thank you for providing me and my crew with a lot of entertainment in the past 2 years, but you guys have ruined all the fun of Tarkov for me and my friends. We will not be playing the new update and will likely not be playing the game at all going forward unless the movement speeds are fixed.

How "full of yourself" does one need to be to even think that blackmailing devs with "me and my friends wont be playing anymore" will work out?!

Niewiarygodny
8 minutes ago, rafficka said:

unplayable for me

For me it's 100% playable, damn, you should be glad that u weren't here when they added it, cause it was like 10 times worse and i am honest with you.
Getting overweight and moving super slow was around +-50 kg, so if u looted 1 person -> you couldn'y run at all (counting that your starting weight, in end-game gear is around 35-38kg. 
Now? You need to have (correct me here with proper number) but i think it's 65kg to turn on "turtle mode"?
Thats like much more than enough to loot 2 bodies (+ ofc abuse insurance system and drop your gear too to loot more).

13 minutes ago, rafficka said:

Now I put 1 TacTec in my bag that has maybe a few mags and nades in it and all of a sudden I'm a fat kid with extreme asthma that can only crawl at a slow walking pace

But u are forgeting about few points...
1. You have lvl 0 strength and the more strength you have, the more you can carry and and bigger threshold in kg is for that, as i called, "turtle mode".
2. You are heavily exaggerating
2.1 - "turtle mode" starts at +- 65kg, thats more than enough to actually loot few bodies and still have ability to run
2.2 - "I only looted Tactet with few mags and grenades" - which is 12-13kg, so your "basic" gear had to weight 53kg, which is super high and i have no clue what you are carrying with you. Cause normal gear (with 1 weapon) is like 30-32kg
3. You were most likely using/carrying end game gear, which is heavier than early game one.
4. It's a new feature, ofc they might balance it a lot, quick examples?
- Add that "gear" you have on yourself weight 30% less, cause lets be honest, if you have 10kg in a rig, comapred to 10kg in backpack feels much better to carry :)
- Add somekind of backpacks stats, that 1 has some benefits over other cause ahs better "strips" or wahtever and u can carry a bit more in it

So just to summarize it, you had fun earlier becasue:
- You didn't have to think what u should carry
- You didn't have to think if it's worth to carry more and actually risk is, because u either your stanmina is being drained or you move slower
- You could run at full speed while carrying 8917358917249812 kg which was 100% real
- You could move (change directions) while carrying 18597189257915 kg at same rate as you were carrying 5kg

Make sense, wait, actually it's not.

In EFT i can see like 3 kinds of ppl.
People who scream about realism
People, like you, who hate new things, hope that EFT will never change cause they get "used to specific things" (i.e. healing animation, weight system, loading magazines during raids etc)
People like me, who like changes in EFT, who wanna see changes in EFT, but realism is not always a top priority, cause it's still a game. So something in between :P.

30 minutes ago, rafficka said:

We will not be playing the new update and will likely not be playing the game at all going forward unless the movement speeds are fixed.

"Byeee have a great time" 
But let me guess you future ok? You will come back, even they won't change weight system at all.
I am seeing too many ppl who claims that "they will never play EFT again" and after a while they create another topics cause they came back :D

cheers! Hf in Dayz!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

GeneralBrus

Imagine weapons actually being expensive and gear like armour and ammo being just gear, then you actually had a system that promotes pvp.

Right now ammo and all that stuff for just one raid is usually so expensive that its not worth killing and looting,

So i totaly understand that ppl are annoyed by the new weight system, because it makes these things even worse.

However I'm absolutely all for a realistic weight system and slower movement speed,

So very simple fix for that poo, just make guns more expensive and other gear cheeper. And that wouldn't be unrealistic in the end.

Tarkov price for a hk416= about 800$

Reallife price= like 2000$ - 3000$

Tarkov price for m995 = 10$

Realife price= like 2 $

Just imagine killing 3 guys, taking their rifles and making good profit? Sounds like fun pvp to me. Seems to me though, Nikita wants this game to be more of a survival game where you dont have good gear all the time.

Turns out all that BSG has done so far is making the game super grindy.

Ill be patient, a lot of the weird ballance in the game seems to be BSG testing out a lot of random poo. So who knows what the future brings?

• Confused 1

TheFondler
5 minutes ago, GeneralBrus said:

So very simple fix for that poo, just make guns more expensive and other gear cheeper. And that wouldn't be unrealistic in the end.

Tarkov is set in an apocalyptic setting, where you don't have factories mass producing ammo on a massive scale, what do you think would run out first? Ammo or guns? Realism is not the issue. I don't feel like what you are discribing is a problem at all. You don't have to bring that M995 ammo to kill people, sure it would go quicker, but its not a must. 

Then theres the arguement yeah, but if i fight a guy with m995 he will always beat me. Yes he will have an upperhand in a straight on firefight, but still does not give him a sure means of victory. Plus the fact that then by your logic, the guy using M995 will at some point be to poor to use the m995, because the ammo and gear he uses is way to expensive to uphold right? Thats why everyone runs around with AS-val's with SPP or BP ammo and M4's / HK's with M995....

LukiNav
Posted (edited)

I've just logged in because I wanted to see what people say about weight and found this thread. IMO weight system is important and I think that weight system should be more "hardcore". That would force people to think about tradeoffs more. Gunpower or movability? Better go to extract with stuff you've collected or get some more and risk that you'll become slower and won't make it to the extract?

EDIT

I forgot to add - I think that characters carrying more weight should sound louder - louder running, maybe louder walking etc.

Edited by LukiNav

YoFatManz
On 5/27/2020 at 4:57 AM, rafficka said:

I seen from one of my favorite youtubers that Tarkov has started the pre-wipe events recently, so I decided to log on to check it out in the first time since the weight system change/skill reset update. This game is still absolutely and 100% unplayable for me because of the updated weight system. Most of the fun for me was being able to get in alot of PvP fights and carry as much gear out as I could. Now I put 1 TacTec in my bag that has maybe a few mags and nades in it and all of a sudden I'm a fat kid with extreme asthma that can only crawl at a slow walking pace. I have grinded alot of high levels in my years playing Tarkov, and I always thought buying the EOD edition of the game was worth it, however now I can't see myself even installing the game for the foreseeable future as long as the weight system stays the same.

For the Devs, thank you for providing me and my crew with a lot of entertainment in the past 2 years, but you guys have ruined all the fun of Tarkov for me and my friends. We will not be playing the new update and will likely not be playing the game at all going forward unless the movement speeds are fixed. If we wanted to walk for hours we would just play DayZ, so that's what we will be doing.

Peace

I'm dead serious when I ask this: Have you ever tried to run with body armor, a helmet, a weapon, and kit?  If you have, then you know it changes everything about how you move.  I specifically started doing runs without a helmet because that extra few kg matters.  People who are serious about mobility when they're kitted in the real world pay attention to things like the cut of our plates (side armor is for pansies), how much ammo is being carried, size and weight of barrel or handguard (ounces matter), etc.

When  you pick things up, you weigh more.  Go do a sprint for 100 meters.  Now wait a while, then try it again wearing a weighted backpack with 25 lbs in it and let me know if it's the exact same time.

Saint_Ajora

1 more chad down, it's a good thing.