Sign in to follow this  
Noir_Lotus

Spawn-camping

Noir_Lotus

Hello, I'm a fairly new player and I would like to point a problem that is starting to piss me.

On nearly half of my raids as a PMC right now, I died in less than 2 minutes (and even less than one minute in the one I've just done now as someone killed me on the very place I spawned) because either a PMC was spawncamping on my position, or he has spawned on the same spot that me but just a minute later or on a nearby spawn and I die in this first fight.

I know I'm a newbie and I still have to learn a lot, but this game is hard and death is extremely punishing, so let me at least play the game at least a little before killing me ...

As an example : let's take a look at Customs (the map I played the most for now). The wiki indicates that there are 18 spawn points for PMC, and a maximum of 12 players.

Why do you let  PMC spawn so close to each other ??

Can you take a look on how the PMC spawn on the maps ??

• Upvote 1

ACETILAASALICIT

Players that already have memorized spawn locations will check, hover over or just rush your spawn. Thats just how it is right now.

This wouldn't be an issue if you could choose and see others deploy location before the game starts. But what do i know, i guess it takes away from the random element of the game.

LasseNielsen

While it is another thing that favors older players over newer ones.

My biggest issue with the spawns are they are to close to each other, and late spawning is a thing.

Spawning in 1,5 mins after start on shoreline, and then getting killed under 1 min after you load in. How is that going to make me a better player? what lesson do i learn from that.

Just now i spawned in 40 sec late on a customs run. Spawn 2nd closest to dorms from boiler side.

So either i get players running towards me from boiler, or i spawned in just behind them and can now rush them. In any scenario, someone just trying to play the game, is going to have a bad raid, just becourse spawn points is a thing.

A fix... in my opinion... have less pmc's on each map, and more AI's... lots and lots more... And make them fight each others.

So a gang of Skiers guys walking around construction on customs, might walk into another group of scavs from Reshala's crew.
A gun fight breaks out, and who ever wins have more guys spawn in, and they start to "loot" the death and talk poo about what just happened. So any pmc's that might want to take them on doesn't have a easy fight.

It never made any sense to me that a scav, will just continue on his "patrol" even with other death scavs on the ground next to him.

If they were in a group together, he could be emotional about his friend just dying... while looting him of course. They are still scavs.
Or he could just loot a random scav he comes a cross, while looking around.

Making the Raid episode "come to life" 

Krymz_
On 5/31/2020 at 12:01 AM, LasseNielsen said:

While it is another thing that favors older players over newer ones.

My biggest issue with the spawns are they are to close to each other, and late spawning is a thing.

Spawning in 1,5 mins after start on shoreline, and then getting killed under 1 min after you load in. How is that going to make me a better player? what lesson do i learn from that.

Just now i spawned in 40 sec late on a customs run. Spawn 2nd closest to dorms from boiler side.

So either i get players running towards me from boiler, or i spawned in just behind them and can now rush them. In any scenario, someone just trying to play the game, is going to have a bad raid, just becourse spawn points is a thing.

A fix... in my opinion... have less pmc's on each map, and more AI's... lots and lots more... And make them fight each others.

So a gang of Skiers guys walking around construction on customs, might walk into another group of scavs from Reshala's crew.
A gun fight breaks out, and who ever wins have more guys spawn in, and they start to "loot" the death and talk poo about what just happened. So any pmc's that might want to take them on doesn't have a easy fight.

It never made any sense to me that a scav, will just continue on his "patrol" even with other death scavs on the ground next to him.

If they were in a group together, he could be emotional about his friend just dying... while looting him of course. They are still scavs.
Or he could just loot a random scav he comes a cross, while looking around.

Making the Raid episode "come to life" 

yes