MaNiPuLaTedFuZe

Issues GALORE!

MaNiPuLaTedFuZe

Dramatic title, but deserved.

New patch dropped. Jumped in and had issues from start to now...
Had issues where the game would load but trying to get to the main menu would leave me in a perpetual load screen, well the main menu but with no icons, bar or anything. Just the loading symbol spinning in the corner. Finally got that fixed after a reinstall.
Got into my first game, had no connection disconnects in the first match, ended in death - not surprised.
Second match: 3 connection disconnects. Died to the person whom I assumed belonged to the player model walking in place, figured it was just my internet being funky cos it's 2am in Australia.
3rd match: No disconnects but the same model issues followed by death.

Now we're all caught up on my first experiences this patch. Don't get me wrong my connections not the best but  I can play other internet intense games (MWO, WarThunder, etc.) while my housemates are on Netflix, YouTube or gaming and I'm fine on anything else. (They're not awake because they're healthy people so not a factor right now.)

Just curious if anyone else is running into this and/or if this is just a server issue or something.. I really don't want to have to reinstall again. I'm going to reset my router now, and see how that goes but I'll leave this here in the meantime in-case it's not an isolated issue.

MaNiPuLaTedFuZe

Sooo..... Update...

Reset router, had 1 highping incident (my fault for loading a video on youtube in max quality.) Turned that off. Got into a new match, and ran into more models running/walking on the spot. Kept moving just in-case it was a lingering effect of the highping. Left the relative area of my spawn, heard gunshots popping off in the distance. Looted some random spots along my way out factory area up along the hill to the base of the power pole. More gunshots, far-ish off. Got across the train tracks, up the hill and over the wall and started taking random damage. No gunshot sounds. Just red limbs and based on the spread of damage, going to say it was a shotgun, but I only heard Mosin (or comparable) shots.

Someone please tell if I need to re-re-install, because until I know what's going on I'm not playing Tarkov. I'ma go to bed before I can't get up on time. Ciao.

shini_gurui
Posted (edited)

had the raid of raids and was extracting... unity crash at 2 second left, scav vanished and lost everything i had looted..  very optimized and stable game.  1st i would say it's just the game as usual,.

other than that?  is ur ping ok and all that due to the ping lock thingie?  could be server issues also. haven't run into any other problems than the unity engine assraping me about every game im in. but i think i know the reason for it. (*points at chrome*) 

Edited by shini_gurui

MaNiPuLaTedFuZe

Ping's okay (I'm on the other side of the country from the physical servers) never had a problem with Tarkov until this patch. I'm going to have to assume the servers are under a heavy burden with everyone rushing back to get their gear together but who knows. Still. Not going to touch it for a little.

MaNiPuLaTedFuZe

Still getting issues with High Packet Loss errors and disconnects, despite the fact that my connection is fine (tested several other games and downloads of file to test connection repeatedly.) Don't know if this has anything to do with the data center issues but not being able to play for more than 40 seconds at a time before I have to re-enter the raid or go play something else is getting tiresome. Hope someone knows what the hell is going on, cos I can't even play the game right now.

ukALex93

It's tarkov, it could literally be anything. I would doubt it's on your end, regardless of region the servers and general back end are terrible.

MaNiPuLaTedFuZe

Given the tests I've been running it may not be Tarkov after all... I'll firstly apologise to BSG because as you can imagine people get frustrated when things don't work the way they expect. So that's on me. Uh as for what the issue was: Apparently (I was recently informed about it so I don't know how accurate it is but the workaround worked) some ISPs are using ds-lite which seems to be causing the High Packet Loss issue. Not sure on the technical aspects but yeah anyone on MyRepublic in Australia who suffers the same may want to use a VPN or switch providers. (i'm now using a VPN but sticking to the same servers and it seems to work wonders.) Sorry for trouble.

SuzyCato
Posted (edited)
On 5/31/2020 at 12:32 AM, MaNiPuLaTedFuZe said:

Given the tests I've been running it may not be Tarkov after all... I'll firstly apologise to BSG because as you can imagine people get frustrated when things don't work the way they expect. So that's on me. Uh as for what the issue was: Apparently (I was recently informed about it so I don't know how accurate it is but the workaround worked) some ISPs are using ds-lite which seems to be causing the High Packet Loss issue. Not sure on the technical aspects but yeah anyone on MyRepublic in Australia who suffers the same may want to use a VPN or switch providers. (i'm now using a VPN but sticking to the same servers and it seems to work wonders.) Sorry for trouble.

Hey man I was just wondering what VPN you are using? I'm with MyRepublic and have been constantly getting disconnected fromr raids. I tried using PingZapper but it didn't work. Are you using WTFast?

Edited by SuzyCato
typo

hellspawn25
Posted (edited)

its a problem with your internet-provider. two of my buddies got disconnects in mostly every raid. they had to force their provider to change IPv6 to IPv4 and all problems are gone. its something you provider should offer you for free or at max 2-3 dollar/euro. tarkov needs a fix IPv4.

Edited by hellspawn25

SuzyCato
6 hours ago, hellspawn25 said:

its a problem with your internet-provider. two of my buddies got disconnects in mostly every raid. they had to force their provider to change IPv6 to IPv4 and all problems are gone. its something you provider should offer you for free or at max 2-3 dollar/euro. tarkov needs a fix IPv4.

Ahh okay. I'll give them a call today. Thanks :)

joschsnake

@MaNiPuLaTedFuZe

Check out the MyRepublic Discord.
https://discord.gg/RPHjTMG

They have a fix for Tarkov it involes changing the QOS

MaNiPuLaTedFuZe

Hey sorry, been away from Tarkov for a while. I'm using NordVPN though ExpressVPN also works wonders from what I've heard. Might have a look at discord later. Just trying to get my bearing in Tarkov again after my break.