symbiote

Steam audio implementation is poo

symbiote
Posted (edited)

Steam audio implementation is poo - change my mind

p.s. it is funny how censoring works in 3rd world countries which do not know what is a free speech. Changing word into a poo lol...kindergarden

Edited by symbiote
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Upvote 1

JeffreyLF

I like the new audio system.

Also I agree with you on the censorship, honestly is rather annoying but its whatever.

• Upvote 1

jasonzd3
2 minutes ago, JeffreyLF said:

I like the new audio system.

Also I agree with you on the censorship, honestly is rather annoying but its whatever.

You like everything BSG doing aren't you. CLASSIC BSG FAN BOY

• Confused 2

JeffreyLF
Just now, jasonzd3 said:

You like everything BSG doing aren't you. CLASSIC BSG FAN BOY

I literally just disagreed with something they do in that post.

• Like 1

jasonzd3
1 minute ago, JeffreyLF said:

I literally just disagreed with something they do in that post.

I get it, you dont agree everything that has negative aspect about BSG. Sure 

• Sad 1

JeffreyLF
5 minutes ago, jasonzd3 said:

I get it, you dont agree everything that has negative aspect about BSG. Sure 

So let me get this straight. I'm not allowed to like things you don't like?

• Like 1

Dusty747

theres new audio?? couldn't tell. still sucks

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

JeffreyLF
Just now, Dusty747 said:

theres new audio?? couldn't tell. still sucks

I haven't had the no grenade sound bug yet so that's a plus honestly, also they said they are working on making it better as time goes on.

• Like 1

symbiote
3 minutes ago, JeffreyLF said:

I haven't had the no grenade sound bug yet so that's a plus honestly, also they said they are working on making it better as time goes on.

That's pretty rare bug

Dusty747
Just now, JeffreyLF said:

theres a new sound engine for real??

I can literally hear footsteps above me from an underground parking garage, like a solid 6 feet of concrete by this games 3 d design and I can literally hear someone above my head playing with themselves. the sad part is I can still hear them zipping their pants up but there is ZERO sense of if they are above or below me the audio is so bad

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

JeffreyLF
Just now, symbiote said:

That's pretty rare bug

It is, but was very annoying when it happened because there is nothing you can do about it. Hasn't happened to me yet so I am happy with this new audio. Hopefully it'll only get better from where it is now and make the game more enjoyable.

1 minute ago, Dusty747 said:

theres a new sound engine for real??

I can literally hear footsteps above me from an underground parking garage, like a solid 6 feet of concrete by this games 3 d design and I can literally hear someone above my head playing with themselves. the sad part is I can still hear them zipping their pants up but there is ZERO sense of if they are above or below me the audio is so bad

They did say that this is only the first "module" of steam audio, so a lot can improved upon is my guess, I never said it was perfect.

• Confused 1

symbiote

Not only sound is the same as before, you hear through levels(vertically), but also horizontally, I  heard how my teammate suffers, 10 meters far away, but sounded like he was doing that to my ear. Also, i don't find that direction is correct.

Dusty747
Just now, JeffreyLF said:

It is, but was very annoying when it happened because there is nothing you can do about it. Hasn't happened to me yet so I am happy with this new audio. Hopefully it'll only get better from where it is now and make the game more enjoyable.

imagine that someone says they wil take 6 months to do something and then after 9 months they reveal that they did nothing. welcome to tarkov

• Upvote 1

symbiote
3 minutes ago, JeffreyLF said:

They did say that this is only the first "module" of steam audio, so a lot can improved upon is my guess, I never said it was perfect.

What are you happy about with new audio system? In my opinion, there is no need for two systems of sounds, sound should be reworked.

I don't see how vertical/horizontal sound is better than before, don't think directional sound is working either(need more testing), so don't see any improvement.

JeffreyLF
Just now, symbiote said:

What are you happy about with new audio system? In my opinion, there is no need for two systems of sounds, sound should be reworked.

I don't see how vertical/horizontal sound is better than before, don't think directional sound is working either(need more testing), so don't see any improvement.

The only thing I am happy about is literally the no grenade sound bug being fixed, other than that, I totally agree with you.

symbiote
2 minutes ago, JeffreyLF said:

The only thing I am happy about is literally the no grenade sound bug being fixed, other than that, I totally agree with you.

Are you high?

JeffreyLF
Just now, symbiote said:

Are you high?

Apparently I must be if you don't like the fact that they are trying, we are talking about a 50 person team here, and most of them don't even help develop the game, they said adding this fully would take time

Maki_Nishikino

Personally I find it alright, it seems to help me locate gunfire easier. For what it's worth I use Elite Atlas Aero headsets.

MrSmellybeard

I haven't really been able to tell the difference. I've been trying, but I might just be deaf :(

symbiote
Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, JeffreyLF said:

Apparently I must be if you don't like the fact that they are trying, we are talking about a 50 person team here, and most of them don't even help develop the game, they said adding this fully would take time

Your all points are false.

1) you can't hear grenade in real life all the time, unless you have dog hearing. Also, you are evaluating it by few hours gameplay and making point that it is good because rare bug does not occur in few hours?

2) it's not 50, there are at least 100, and not clear how many are programmers, and for steam audio Nikita said they have one dedicated guy fyi, and he is loosing his balls right now i guess.

3) you are totally delusional, this topic is about evaluation of steam audio implementation, and clearly you have nothing to contribute, but to praise someone for trying. Nor is it helpful for BSG nor for discussion.

Edited by symbiote

JeffreyLF
Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, symbiote said:

Your all points are false.

1) you can't hear grenade in real life all the time, unless you have dog hearing.

2) it's not 50, there are at least 100, and not clear how many are programmers, and for steam audio Nikita said they have one dedicated guy fyi, and he is loosing his balls right now i guess.

3) you are totally delusional, this topic is about evaluation of steam audio implementation, and clearly you have nothing to contribute, but to praise someone for trying. Nor is it helpful for BSG nor for discussion.

On point 2 you made there, this thread shouldn't have been created then. Get real. If they only have 1 guy you have literally nothing to complain about. You even said he probably is "loosing his balls" right now.

Edited by JeffreyLF

symbiote
13 minutes ago, Maki_Nishikino said:

Personally I find it alright, it seems to help me locate gunfire easier. For what it's worth I use Elite Atlas Aero headsets.

There was no problem identifying gunfire before

5 minutes ago, MrSmellybeard said:

I haven't really been able to tell the difference. I've been trying, but I might just be deaf :(

Well there are some changes, but will take a while to notice. So far it seems mostly buggy is direction, when you hear someone is coming from front, but actually from behind. Also, there is no obstacle for sound, it travels through walls easily (h/w) almost as before but better, have not tested with 1 meter apart but in 1 meter vertical distance, because before it was just terrible

Rorrorhcp

Those who can't hear the difference maybe you're just using the same sound system......You have to turn on the binaural sound in the sound options.

didn't tested it yet, but i saw a video and directional sound definitely works.

sYs
Posted (edited)

New system is better than old - needs some tunning tho.

This is just the first itteration. 

I like how people think steam audio is like any windows  application

install > next > next > finish = unity engine and game sounds magicaly are steam audio.

That's not how that works. 

Edited by sYs

Maki_Nishikino
Posted (edited)
50 minutes ago, symbiote said:

There was no problem identifying gunfire before

The location of it? Not quite sure about that. It was much easier for me to figure out the location of where someone was shooting on my first run on Customs. I'm even deaf in my left ear. It really is no longer much of a guessing game figuring out where it's coming from.

Edited by Maki_Nishikino