Very bad design. Still FORCED INTO BAD SERVERS

EdgarHighman

So before the patch this was an issue, and it remains. It will not LET me select the lowest ping servers. It just put me in a 200+ ping game and shooting a magazine from PPSH the game said "Ammo used 1" You tell me that's quality?

TLDR LET ME CHOOSE THE LOWEST PING SERVERS. BECAUSE YOU FAIL TO DO SO. Thank you.

4cf7123bc140ed9de637d27ed3a20f59.jpg

So when I selected the lowest ping server, it deselected all other USA servers. It keeps giving me this error message even though other USA servers were ALREADY acceptable/ticked. This is nonsense.

Edited by EdgarHighman

You clearly need a better internet connection. Laging and teleporting around is ruining experience for other people. 

I get better ping with mobile connection in middle of woods in eastern europe. 

Edited by sYs
  • Sad 2
EdgarHighman
56 minutes ago, sYs said:

You clearly need a better internet connection. Laging and teleporting around is ruining experience for other people. 

I get better ping with mobile connection in middle of woods in eastern europe. 

Yes that totally ruins the experience. However my friends say I'm moving fine and on your note YES we see people doing that once in awhile, not being ourselves.  My ping was 90's before the patch up to 150's for western US. Not being allowed to select the LOWEST ping servers is counter-productive, then maybe I am getting put in 200+ ping lobbies and lagging and teleporting as you say.

So your totally right, BSG has fucked up big time not letting players select the lowest ping servers thus ruining the experience for others including the primarily affected player. (Do you think anyone wants high ping?... smh)

Edited by EdgarHighman
1 hour ago, EdgarHighman said:

Yes that totally ruins the experience. However my friends say I'm moving fine and on your note YES we see people doing that once in awhile, not being ourselves.  My ping was 90's before the patch up to 150's for western US. Not being allowed to select the LOWEST ping servers is counter-productive, then maybe I am getting put in 200+ ping lobbies and lagging and teleporting as you say.

So your totally right, BSG has fucked up big time not letting players select the lowest ping servers thus ruining the experience for others including the primarily affected player. (Do you think anyone wants high ping?... smh)

The moment you open the server list - i does a ping check

wen you try to click on the server [select it] it does a ping check again

which means your ping is spiking

Hrafnsvart

Yeah I'm gonna have to say it's user faulted on this one. Something is definitely wrong with your connection if your lowest pinged server is 147ms. That ain't right. 

EdgarHighman

This is the beautiful mess I reconnected to. Inability to move, jerking back and forth.

None of the things ANYONE has said has to do with my concern of the INABILITY to select the LOWEST PING server.

Edited by EdgarHighman
EdgarHighman

KICKED FROM SERVER for "low connection quality" after running around 2 minutes at start. PING IS 138. I threw 2 VOGS at a guy and he goes "HRRRT" "EHHH". Yes BSG. Thanks a ducking lot. I reconnect and he's shooting me in the head. 1-3-8 ping.

Are you telling me BSG is working properly?

Edited by EdgarHighman
EdgarHighman

Kicked from server (labs) 139 ping...

My ping will vary from "not showing" to 100-220.

Edited by EdgarHighman
EdgarHighman

Kicked from interchange 160 ping...

My team says I'm running fine, no lag. Poof. duck me in the ass BSG.

99 ping, server connection lost. ducking unplayable.

Edited by EdgarHighman
  • Like 1
EdgarHighman

thanks bsg, kicked from Interchange 3x, 149 ping. Died to a player waiting for me to reconnect. You really make this game fun. I'm certain my ping really affected that player more than me.

Edited by EdgarHighman
  • Like 1
EdgarHighman
34 minutes ago, RainmakerM4 said:

Instead of blaming the game why dont you fix your internet instead

Are you legit? Yes go fix your internet. Only so many ISP's for one area. If I choose the lowest ping server, put me in the lowest ping games. Why kick me for 140 ping? Sure my internet is SUB PAR and I've been playing games just fine for YEARS until Tarkov (1500+ hours) decided No no, too much ping.

The problem is the game is not putting me in the correct servers/ping brackets. OK? Because 140 ping is a HEINOUS CRIME according to BSG. Blame the flawed system on the player not the game ... genius.

The ping is MY DISADVANTAGE, not yours. Don't be confused.

Edited by EdgarHighman
  • Like 2
EdgarHighman

Kicked, woods, repeatedly. This is horse poo. My internet is fine, not the best but it's ducking internet alright? stop being douchebags, I should not be getting kicked for ping.

I didn't spend $140 and over 1500 hours ingame to "Get kicked for ping" when the damn servers are 140-200 ping and it puts me in the "higher end" of the ping games.

Even Automatic Selection puts me in the higher ping ones instead of the 140 ping games. Matchmaking time is prioritizing over Latency, This is a FLAW.

Edited by EdgarHighman
  • Like 1
gyilokkettes

On top of this, as I experience there is something that has changed in the last patch 0.12.6 regarding the network code. Even when I am on a lowish ping server, I get killed many times behind cover, 400 -600 ms after I recovered from peeking or just rushed behind cover.

On moderate distances 100-150 meters, sometimes I have to aim before AND after the player's vector of movement between 2 shots.

My RTT jumps between 60 and 190. (1 GBit connection, usually connected to servers around 15-25 ms ping, no issues with other games)

I think a lot of people are mixing up and calling out cheaters because of this. Sadly this is a very toxic environment this way.

The 0.12.6 patch notes are claiming some network fixes, that led me believe the game's netcode has changed, but sadly not for the better :S , I think it got even worse compared to 0.12.5...

What I found strange, that I did not see anybody else complaining about this on the forum or reddit (might have missed it though).

Did anybody experience issues like this?

Edited by gyilokkettes
EdgarHighman

Kicked on LABS, group of 4, This is getting ducking rediculous. Everyone is fine, everyone MOVES FINE, THERE IS NO ducking ISSUE THAT I SHOULD BE GETTING KICKED. DAMNIT BSG

Ping is 160-170. Tell me this is ducking warranted. It is not.

7 hours ago, gyilokkettes said:

Did anybody experience issues like this?

I think this has been normal always, I experience it too, don't know why. So do my friends.

aaaaaaaand it kicked me again. 160 ping. BSG this is not cool or acceptable. They don't read this and they're going to keep lowering the limit and people are going to be unable to play. They have good intention and are making a mistake.

kicked third time, 175 ping

Edited by EdgarHighman
EdgarHighman

NIKITA AND BSG. THIS IS A JOKE. I want to show you how SHITTY you are making player's experience. The content, the game, is GREAT - BUT IT IS NOT Since you don't let us play it. I am submitting this video of multiple disconnects where I almost kill a speedhacker but OH GUESS WHAT. When I almost kill him your game disconnects me.  So here I am, tarkov player, EoD purchaser, fighting cheaters and you're deplorable bad design to KICK LEGIT PLAYERS.

If this does not get rectified or a response, then BSG has a serious dilemna on their future regarding players that give a poo about the game.

The disconnect in this video is my fourth or fifth. I say SCL but it is kick for ping. Video will take a 20mins+ to upload. https://youtu.be/dmRwyn_WH0k

I don't care how you feel about my comments, because you don't care how I feel about the ability to play the game. How can I put this nicely when it is ignored? I've been posting about this issue since they announced kick for ping. I know my internet is sub-par but I don't see anyone else paying my ISP bill so go stuff your opinions. So hackers can rampantly do whatever they want but a legit player who wants to continue to play the game gets royally screwed for having above average ping? There is no sense in this. The "accusations" have been nothing more than get better internet. I don't "teleport around lag-rubber band" all that bullshit as people assume. Legit players are being punished for no reason. That is the sum of things. Telling someone to "cool down" when they're being wronged does not negate the fact that they are being wronged.

I may have worded this strongly but it is because I care about the game and I am upset that I am being kicked for ADEQUATE ping that proves no issue ingame while Cheaters run around like in my video and destroy us without penalty. I didn't even see his name because the disconnect sent me back to "title screen"

Please BSG, stop this ping nonsense. Set the limit to 250. I shouldn't have to be begging you to be able to play a game I payed for.

Edited by EdgarHighman
Mindfields-

This is not the devs fault, and no, they should not increase the ping limit. Sorry you can't get good internet but the devs shouldn't ruin the game for everyone else for one dude who can't get stable internet.

EdgarHighman
3 minutes ago, Mindfields- said:

This is not the devs fault, and no, they should not increase the ping limit. Sorry you can't get good internet but the devs shouldn't ruin the game for everyone else for one dude who can't get stable internet.

That is a lie. It doesn't ruin the game. You're a liar and your assumption is a lie. Your post is an attack on my internet because I can't get better internet but I've gamed on it for YEARS without issue. I've gamed on it for over 1500+ HOURS ON TARKOV with no issue. So everything you said is bull poo. Closed minded bigotted unfactual assumption. It affects my gaming quality AGAINST ME way more than anyone I come into contact with ingame. I do not teleport, rubberband or any of that nonsense. So tell me "how" it ruins the game for others that isn't some made up bull poo?

Edited by EdgarHighman
Mindfields-

It may not ruin the game if YOU are allowed to play, but increasing the ping limit allows all the others who are intentionally trying to abuse ping or vpn in to servers they shouldn't be able to play on. Sorry, not sorry, you can't see the bigger picture.

EdgarHighman
5 minutes ago, Mindfields- said:

It may not ruin the game if YOU are allowed to play, but increasing the ping limit allows all the others who are intentionally trying to abuse ping or vpn in to servers they shouldn't be able to play on. Sorry, not sorry, you can't see the bigger picture.

My ping is above average. Prove to me that it's as you say "vpn" quality from other countries... Otherwise it's hearsay and you're just being a jerk. My lowest ping with "automatic server selection" is 109. So why am I being put into games that kick me at 140-185 ping? Would you not agree that is a problem?

Moreover my lowest ping is on California server yet I am in FL.

Edited by EdgarHighman